Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by P-NUT33
    I feel the same way. Our fanbase is so messed up. Due to us being so successful. They want another Elway, Td, Rod, Eddy Mac and etc..

Please explain how demanding to have those millionaires be a success is so "messed up"?

The only thing that we and any other fans of any other team should want is a successful team. It is not a bad thing to want our team to be champions each and every year. Will that happen? No. But for us to ask any less is even more messed up than your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by P-NUT33
    I feel the same way. Our fanbase is so messed up. Due to us being so successful. They want another Elway, Td, Rod, Eddy Mac and etc..
    Every team wants this. Every team fans wants the best playrs for their team.. who wouldn't??? Why would we 'want' something less than the best? Do you really wish for your team to be mediocre? Are we supposed to dream and put our hopes on players to be average?? No... that would be boring. We want our heroes to be the tops at their positions and the team to be at the top of the league. Thats natural, and I sure as heck wouldn't want anything less.

Thanks Ravage for being on the same page as me. Success is a good thing to demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    Every team wants this. Every team fans wants the best playrs for their team.. who wouldn't??? Why would we 'want' something less than the best? Do you really wish for your team to be mediocre? Are we supposed to dream and put our hopes on players to be average?? No... that would be boring. We want our heroes to be the tops at their positions and the team to be at the top of the league. Thats natural, and I sure as heck wouldn't want anything less.
    The thing is often we won't or can't get that.

And when some fans (some, not all) don't get the next great in someone, they *****, moan and complain incessantly about how he is no good.

The individuals to which vicious identifies think that because someone is not the next great in line, that they are no good. They can't except good, but not great.

Tatum was ok, not great. Since we didn't get great, the fans whine.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by vicious2500
    I swear we DENVER BRONCO FANS are so two faced at the beginning of the year you were swinging from tatums nuts about how he'd have 1,500 yards rushing. A half season later your running the him through the ground. You guys don't appreciate anything you really don't.

Anyone that thought Tatum Bell would EVER get 1,500 yards rushing has a screw loose.

(Well, Maybe in 24 games)
    Jo Bob is here to remind us that the biggest and the baddest get to make all the rules.

Bleeding Orange and Blue (Literally)

Bye Bye Tater! Glad we don't have to put up with his fumbling any more.

Just wondering out loud here, but could Jamal Lewis revitalize his career here? I know his knees are bad, and he struggled last year, but with our offensive line, do you think he would be good for at least a couple of years? Maybe enough to ride him to a Super Bowl?

I Trust Shanny's Decisions, Just Look At The Past Homies!
    [IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust
    The thing is often we won't or can't get that.

And when some fans (some, not all) don't get the next great in someone, they *****, moan and complain incessantly about how he is no good.

The individuals to which vicious identifies think that because someone is not the next great in line, that they are no good. They can't except good, but not great.

Tatum was ok, not great. Since we didn't get great, the fans whine.

Great is winning the Super Bowl.

If you don't have the players that can get it done then use them to get the ones that can. I can't speak for anyone else but a Season without winning the Super Bowl is a wasted season. If anyone is satisfied with just making the playoffs then go root for Kansas City.

A standard has been set in Denver. That standard IS Greatness. If that is too much for Mediocre players to accept then they can go play for the Raiders.

(Or Tampa Bay)
    Jo Bob is here to remind us that the biggest and the baddest get to make all the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ohyeah
    Great is winning the Super Bowl.

If you don't have the players that can get it done then use them to get the ones that can. I can't speak for anyone else but a Season without winning the Super Bowl is a wasted season. If anyone is satisfied with just making the playoffs then go root for Kansas City.

A standard has been set in Denver. That standard IS Greatness. If that is too much for Mediocre players to accept then they can go play for the Raiders.

(Or Tampa Bay)
    That's the standard every athlete tries to strive for, but the ones only limited ones will attain.

Poor players will win superbowls, great players will not always win superbowls. (Marino and Dilfer respectively).

A year without a superbowl is a wasted season? All but two years of the Broncos franchise is a wasted season? And the teams that have not won a SB yet are a complete waste? That's laughable at best.

Everyone sets their own standards. If we were in contention, we had a good season. If we win the superbowl, we didn't only have a good season, we had the best season.

But a year without a championship is definately not a waste of a season. It's those kind of standards that make fans **** on players if they don't put up pro-bowl calibur stats in a few years.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

That's the standard every athlete tries to strive for, but the ones only limited ones will attain.

Poor players will win superbowls, great players will not always win superbowls. (Marino and Dilfer respectively).

You don't have to have the Best players at every position to win the Super Bowl, but you do have to play as a team.

A year without a superbowl is a wasted season? All but two years of the Broncos franchise is a wasted season? And the teams that have not won a SB yet are a complete waste? That's laughable at best.

Everyone sets their own standards. If we were in contention, we had a good season. If we win the superbowl, we didn't only have a good season, we had the best season.

But a year without a championship is definately not a waste of a season. It's those kind of standards that make fans **** on players if they don't put up pro-bowl calibur stats in a few years.
    If a Season without a Championship is not wasted then why do they play? Is there any team out there that says "Alright men, this year we are playing to make the playoffs" If you ever have the chance, ask any NFL Player if anything other than a Super Bowl championship is acceptable. If you hear one say That making the playoffs or just playing was good enough for them, rest assured that they played on some poor teams. Players who are content with just making the Playoffs are shipped out real quick.

Ask the Chargers if their season was not wasted. Ask the Bears. Ask the Chiefs. Ask the Ravens. Hell, Ask the Broncos.

The only team you can't ask is the Colts. And do you know why that is?

If you're content with 9 wins then you were happy last season. If you're content with a Super Bowl Championship then you were not happy. If a Championship does not mean that much, then Super Bowl 32 & 33 were not that special.

I can tell you right now, I felt a whole lot better when they won than when they didn't. If that's laughable at best then I'm the Joker.

And I don't care if they send the most players to the Pro Bowl, just as long as they win the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by GeneralSterlingPrice; 03-03-2007 at 06:07 PM.

If a Season without a Championship is not wasted then why do they play? Is there any team out there that says "Alright men, this year we are playing to make the playoffs" If you ever have the chance, ask any NFL Player if anything other than a Super Bowl championship is acceptable. If you hear one say That making the playoffs or just playing was good enough for them, rest assured that they played on some poor teams.

Ask the Chargers if their season was not wasted. Ask the Bears. Ask the Chiefs. Ask the Ravens. Hell, Ask the Broncos.

The only team you can't ask is the Colts. And do you know why that is?

If you're content with 9 wins then you were happy last season. If you're content with a Super Bowl Championship then you were not happy. If a Championship does not mean that much, then Super Bowl 32 & 33 were not that special.

I can tell you right now, I felt a whole lot better when they won than when they didn't. If that's laughable at best then I'm the Joker.

And I don't care if they send the most players to the Pro Bowl, just as long as they win the Super Bowl.
    It means they worked as hard as they can, but you know what players do gain? Experience. Chemistry. A chance to compete and build a better team next year.

I never said I was content with 9 wins. We didn't even make the playoffs. We weren't in good enough contention to satisfy my standards.

And thats the thing, we all set our own standards for what a good season and what a wasted season is.

Yeh, I felt better about our SB wins than not winning, but I didn't feel like going to the AFCCG was wasted. Or our SB losses were wasted seasons.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

It means they worked as hard as they can, but you know what players do gain? Experience. Chemistry. A chance to compete and build a better team next year.

I never said I was content with 9 wins. We didn't even make the playoffs. We weren't in good enough contention to satisfy my standards.

And thats the thing, we all set our own standards for what a good season and what a wasted season is.

Yeh, I felt better about our SB wins than not winning, but I didn't feel like going to the AFCCG was wasted. Or our SB losses were wasted seasons.

The season was wasted when the gun sounded the end of the game in the AFC Championship and Pittsburgh was moving on and Denver was going home.

If they don''t win a SB then all they did was get richer.

My standard is Winning a Super Bowl. I would bet the farm Mike Shanahans is too. John Elway himself said his career would not have been complete without a Super Bowl ring.

Dan Marino would trade all his records for just one Super Bowl Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4l1fe
    Well don't put me in the WE because I still like the guy even though he had some issues this year, and I like the trade and hope he does well, until he plays us. Some of us keep our opinions the same, and are never on some crappy bandwagon.
    Great we're suppsoed to be Denver fans not player fans, you may have a favorite player or two, but the tema winning is more important than these players. When t. bell was drafted everybody was saying he was the next portis and how explosive our offense was going to be. Then a few inuries in camp and when he cameback he fumbled once or two and he was then deemed injury and fumble prone.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by CoBear23
    Well the only thing that is better than success is more success. Why wouldn't Broncos fans or fans of any team want the best players on their team?
    What he's trying to say is we crufix players because they don't live up to the legends that played before them. We got once in a lifetime players when we won the super bowls it'll be a while before we see them again. Maybe Cutler will live up to Elways legacy, but we have no idea of what he'll be. We can only hope he lives up to his potential.

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

The season was wasted when the gun sounded the end of the game in the AFC Championship and Pittsburgh was moving on and Denver was going home.

If they don''t win a SB then all they did was get richer.

My standard is Winning a Super Bowl. I would bet the farm Mike Shanahans is too. John Elway himself said his career would not have been complete without a Super Bowl ring.

Dan Marino would trade all his records for just one Super Bowl Championship.
    So Tomlinson has "WASTED" the last six years of his career? Elway "WASTED" the first 13 years of his career? Marino "WASTED" his entire career (if you really think that he'd trade all of those records and be content to be a moderate or even average QB that won the Big One, you're insane... if he felt that winning the SB was the most important thing, he would have been playing for league minimum his last few years so the team could get some talent!)?

You live in a Madden-induced dream land where your team can win the SB every year. That's not reality. While every team "shots" for the SB at the beginning of the year, most recognize that they don't have the experience, the pieces, or the skills to win the SB. They play every game hard, the young guys learn, the old guys teach and go about their jobs, and the middle level guys do their thing to win games, but they don't go home at the end of another "wasted" season and wonder if suicide woud be a better option than another wasted year of getting beat up on the football field. They're probably no more upset than a high school athlete whose team didn't take state that year. It sucks, but in a few days you're over it and enjoying your time off.

Fans like you are what's wrong with this team. The Broncos are a very good team, but in 41 chances they have only won TWO SBs. That's a "non-wasted season" percentage of 4.87% We "waste" almost twenty seasons for every ONE SB win. Pretty sad if all those seasons are "wasted"...

As for the actual POINT of this thread: Best of Luck Tatum. I hope Detroit is a good fit for you.