Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Just Heard on 'The Herd' -- Plummer to Buccaneers

Just heard Len Pasquarelli from ESPN.com tell Colin Cowherd that ALl the pices are in place for the Broncos to send Jake Plummer to Tampa for a mid-round draft pick.

The deal isn't completely done, but could be finalized as early as today....

Here's the link -- http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2785459

ESPN.com has learned that the Denver Broncos have reached agreement in principle on most of the elements of a trade that will send veteran quarterback Jake Plummer to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Under the terms being discussed, the Broncos would receive a middle-round draft choice, believed to be a fourth-rounder, in exchange for Plummer. The trade could be announced as early as Friday.

Tampa Bay re-signed Chris Simms to a two-year contract earlier this offseason. But with Simms coming off a 2006 season in which he underwent an emergency splenectomy, the Bucs have been shopping for a veteran quarterback to bolster the depth chart.

Veteran backup Tim Rattay became an unrestricted free agent on Friday and was not expected to return to Tampa Bay.

Plummer, 32, lost his starting job in Denver to rookie Jay Cutler late last season and the Broncos have been entertaining trade offers in the offseason. A 10-year veteran, Plummer has started 136 games in stints with Arizona (1997-2002) and Denver (2003-2006). He has completed 2,484 of 4,350 passes for 29,253 yards, with 161 touchdown passes and 161 interceptions, for a passer rating of 74.6.
    Last edited by TheSportsGuru; 03-02-2007 at 08:35 AM.

I am hoping for a 4th, but the cap refief is the most important thing.

Woah, are you for real? I was hoping to get more out of him..
    fight Cu dOwn the fieLd..cu must win.. fight fight fOr VictoRy..cu knows no defeAt! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shoulDer to shOulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

I just heard that too on Cold Pizza

I'm hoping 3rd but 4th would be nice too.

yeah I don't really think a 4th Round pick is enough

Quote Originally Posted by ckstorm182000
    yeah I don't really think a 4th Round pick is enough

What do you expect? Tennessee only got a 4th round pick for McNair, who is superior to Plummer.

i was thinking the same thing, only a fourth rounder. Yet we owe the lions a fifth and we had no other mid round picks and we get the cap relief. I don't like the deal but hey, what can you do.
    R.I.P D.Will
    [IMG]http://www.broncos07.com/broncomania/data/media/18/random.png[/IMG]
    Thanks Tned

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan303
    Woah, are you for real? I was hoping to get more out of him..
    Looks like it will be a forth. We can always hope but the problem is that the teams interested are teams picking very high in the draft (TB Hous) no one is going to give up an early third for Jake...NO WAY.

Only other scenario that would have worked is to swap picks in the 2nd round, which I guess I would have prefered. That would have been mid third value for Jake. Even that would be hard for a team to do because at #36 you can still grab 1st round talent.

# 100 OA pick is a good deal for Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1986
    What do you expect? Tennessee only got a 4th round pick for McNair, who is superior to Plummer.

And the Dolphins traded their second rounder for AJ Feeley.......its completley subjective to the teams need.......but its probally only going to be a fourth rounder.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by tommy1986
    We basically just sent Foster, Tatum, Plummer and a draft pick for a 4th round pick and Bly. Seems like we're giving up a lot when I think we could have gotten more.

The draft picks kind of cancel each other out, so 3 for 1. I don't know, I guess its all wishful thinking

You trade for a QB rather than wait for june 1st cuts so you can get the QB into your mini camps to learn your system as soon as possible. It also prevents you from a bidding war with other teams.
    CCZUU LUV

We basically just sent Foster, Tatum, Plummer and a draft pick for a 4th round pick and Bly. Seems like we're giving up a lot when I think we could have gotten more.

The draft picks kind of cancel each other out, so 3 for 1. I don't know, I guess its all wishful thinking
    And the 6th round pick from Det.
    CCZUU LUV

Just realize that Tampa Bay's fourth is like a late third-rounder and is a top 100 pick, with 100 points in value outside the compensatory selections, which hold no value since they cannot be traded. This is a nice pick because it allows Denver to grab talent at the start of the second day or gives them ammo to trade up.

So, if this goes through Denver has the #98 pick in the draft from the Buccaneers. (Which is their fourth-rounder) but pending compensatory selections, it's still very high. That's good value for Plummer, and it can move Denver up a little in the first, about 5-7 picks in the second and perhaps a big jump in the third.

#21, #56, #70, #86 and #98.

That's nice!

I agree that it seems we could have gotten more, however, we also have to realize that the possibility exists that all 3 of the players could have been released and we could have gotten ZERO for them....

Broncos management is smarter than any of us....

Have faith fellow Broncomaniacs

The Broncos have already landed a Pro-Bowl CB and are loading up on draft picks that may enable us to land a premier D-Lineman/RB in the draft....

I for one am STOKED