Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker3434
    I don't think so. They got something. They really just wanted to make sure they could dump that huge backup salary.
    That's true. They probably want the extra cap room more than anything to persue in free agents for positions they are in dire need of as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Crush 16
    For a 2008 conditional draft pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786694
    The ex-Bronco cheerleader just reported it on NFL Network also.

Thumbs up JayCutlerFanClub Member#16 Jakes Number

So long Jake

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest
    Woo-hoo, Jake is no longer a Bronco! FINALLY!!!!!!

Ditto..Hey Jake don't let the door hit you on the way out. Now he has some new fans he can share his middle finger with.
    [center][IMG]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7156/patrickchuckwarahsigem7.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][B]Props to Snk 16 for the sig[/B][/SIZE][/center]

Great move by Shanahan. If Jake's sincere about retirement, then good for him. If he doesn't retire, or if he "un-retires", the Broncos get an 08 draft pick. Everywhich way, Shanahan and Denver can continue with their offseason moves without being concerned with Jake's decisions.

If he does decide to play, though, he'd better hope Tampa trades him to Houston, because Jeff Garcia will win the #1 spot. That, plus all this retirement posturing stuff won't endear him to Gruden.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    With the fixation on Jake I think most missed the best news. Garcia will not be going to Oakland. They will probably have to use their first round pick on QB rather than on maybe the best receiver to enter the draft in years. They will have a rookie QB to break in with receivers who don't want to be there and are trying to escape to any other franchise.

I don't know about you but that is good news to me.
    So what you're saying is that Plummer's retirement ordeal actually helped the Broncos?

<--- To Jake

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete
    So what you're saying is that Plummer's retirement ordeal actually helped the Broncos?

<--- To Jake
    Garcia wont be going to Denver as well. I heard that Denver had some interest in him? Now who do you have backing up Jay?
    Below are Monday, Wednesday and Friday!

You Broncos can't handle

Tuesday and Thursday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanluisboltfan
    Garcia wont be going to Denver as well. I heard that Denver had some interest in him? Now who do you have backing up Jay?
    Looks like Brad Johnson. Maybe Harrington. Maybe Rattay.

Worst case scenario would be Preston Parsons.

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete

<--- To Jake
    Not necessarily; Denver had a shot at going after Garcia as their backup, but since the Plummer-Tampa didn't push through, that opened up a door for Garcia in Tampa. That, and losing the 3rd pick in the 4th round, so no, Jake didn't help Denver at all with this. The good part is that if Jake does play, the Broncos get an 08 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaManMan
    Looks like Brad Johnson. Maybe Harrington. Maybe Rattay.

Worst case scenario would be Preston Parsons.
    I'm hoping for Brad Johnson as the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by omac
    I'm hoping for Brad Johnson as the backup.
    I want Harrington!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    With the fixation on Jake I think most missed the best news. Garcia will not be going to Oakland. They will probably have to use their first round pick on QB rather than on maybe the best receiver to enter the draft in years. They will have a rookie QB to break in with receivers who don't want to be there and are trying to escape to any other franchise.

I don't know about you but that is good news to me.
    I don't really see what difference it makes. Either they have a stud rookie QB, with no oline and decent receivers, or a crappy to avg QB, with no oline and really good receivers. They're going to keep sucking either way.

Quote Originally Posted by omac
    Not necessarily; Denver had a shot at going after Garcia as their backup, but since the Plummer-Tampa didn't push through, that opened up a door for Garcia in Tampa. That, and losing the 3rd pick in the 4th round, so no, Jake didn't help Denver at all with this. The good part is that if Jake does play, the Broncos get an 08 pick.
    We weren't going to get Garcia man. We've gone after him the last couple/few years and been his 2nd or 3rd option.

Had Plummer not announced his retirement and just accepted the trade Garcia was going to Oakland and they probably would have taken Calvin Johnson.

Although, now I just read that article/thread about how TB may trade Plummer to Oakland so who knows. They could still draft Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    Denver called Jake's bluff. If Jake wants to retire so be it but now Denver can insure that Jake doesnt land in Houston and can get some compensation for him. Good move by the Broncos organization.

good move.....just to bad we couldnt get much for him....he cost us like what 30-40million? i woulda like atlest a 2nd round pick....but after last yr that wasnt gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoballa2684
    good move.....just to bad we couldnt get much for him....he cost us like what 30-40million? i woulda like atlest a 2nd round pick....but after last yr that wasnt gonna happen!
    he didn't cost us 30-40.. and he was NEVER going to get a higher pick than Steve McNair last year, who was traded for a 4th round pick. That was always Jake's value.