Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Straz1999
    I will bet you $100 that we will draft a D-lineman.
    He said not a DE... any big name DTs??

Quote Originally Posted by Straz1999
    I will bet you $100 that we will draft a D-lineman.
    Not in the 1st round.

If ginn is availble i think we take him mainly becaus of his return skills.

Quote Originally Posted by portis26hb
    you are kidding yourself. How long has DE been a need? what happened to drafting Kiwi or one of the other DEs last year? We missed out on Abraham and everyone thought we must be getting a DL in the draft.....and this year we miss out on Kerney and.....wait.....

The only DE we would draft is Adams.
    You're the one kidding yourself, this draft is chock full of D-linemen. Adams and Branch are top ten Linemen that we really don't have a shot at. Adam Carriker is a beast, a younger version of Kerney and is the most likely scenario at #21. I see Shanahan pulling another multiple position draft, like he did with D. Will, Fox and Paymah. I bet he does the same with linemen, the first three selections are all linemen

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by jvw
    You're the one kidding yourself, this draft is chock full of D-linemen. Adams and Branch are top ten Linemen that we really don't have a shot at. Adam Carriker is a beast, a younger version of Kerney and is the most likely scenario at #21. I see Shanahan pulling another multiple position draft, like he did with D. Will, Fox and Paymah. I bet he does the same with linemen, the first three selections are all linemen
    Oh yea I am sure you called that one when Shannahan drafted 3 DB

Oh yea I am sure you called that one when Shannahan drafted 3 DB
    I never said I called it, learn how to read. I just said I SEE him doing somthing like that

I never said I called it, learn how to read. I just said I SEE him doing somthing like that
    Right, thats what you think. And I think we don't even draft a DL in the 1st round.

Right, thats what you think. And I think we don't even draft a DL in the 1st round.
    so, what do you think Mike will do with the first pick?

At this point, id bet money that we take someone like Carriker at #21, but if the Bly trade with the Skin's goes through, we'd have their #6 pick, at which point we'd target Branch or Okoye. its hard to believe that people still think that DT is not our biggest need. you need proof, ask Al Wilson.

Well we certainly wont be picking at 21, thats for sure. My guess would be a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture6
    At this point, id bet money that we take someone like Carriker at #21, but if the Bly trade with the Skin's goes through, we'd have their #6 pick, at which point we'd target Branch or Okoye. its hard to believe that people still think that DT is not our biggest need. you need proof, ask Al Wilson.

*** are you talking about if the Bly trade goes through? There is no trade. What makes you think we would even be getting #6? There are also rumors of Bly for Springs straight up. Please stop the nonsense.

Why would you think that the chances are so small. To me, it looks like we have been filling every other need through trades and FA. There won't be much left that we need by the draft and the d-line is still by far the biggest weakness. Last year we got a chance to move up to 11 and pick Cutler. Also, d-line wasn't even the biggest problem at that point. Noone could even tell if they where bad because the season before we sent 9 guys at the QB every play. Also, I'm sure that Shanny listens to his d-coordinators on what he should be doing to improve the d. I highly doubt that Bates is happy with the d-line. Coyer always liked LB's to much and thought that they should be doing their jobs and the d-lines job.

I'm not saying that we will pick a d-lineman in the top of the draft but it is the most likely spot I can think of. There are a ton of good d-lineman though, so we might wait until later and just pick the best players available for the first couple rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by jhns
    Why would you think that the chances are so small. To me, it looks like we have been filling every other need through trades and FA. There won't be much left that we need by the draft and the d-line is still by far the biggest weakness. Last year we got a chance to move up to 11 and pick Cutler. Also, d-line wasn't even the biggest problem at that point. Noone could even tell if they where bad because the season before we sent 9 guys at the QB every play. Also, I'm sure that Shanny listens to his d-coordinators on what he should be doing to improve the d. I highly doubt that Bates is happy with the d-line. Coyer always liked LB's to much and thought that they should be doing their jobs and the d-lines job.

I'm not saying that we will pick a d-lineman in the top of the draft but it is the most likely spot I can think of. There are a ton of good d-lineman though, so we might wait until later and just pick the best players available for the first couple rounds.
    Our DL last year was definitely worse than it is right now. And even then, everyone speculated we would draft Kiwi or another DL, and we drafted Cutler, who was a complete shock.

i think that we might be able to steal branch in the late teens as of right know kiper has him out of his top twenty

Shanny tried to trade up and get Tommy Harris. It is not like he doesn't want to draft a good Dlineman, just can't seem to get one in the late first round. The Browncos were an attempt to build a decent Dline and 1/2 of it worked. Warren and EE are solid, CB just could never get past getting hurt, Meyers was ok, and Lang is a solid backup.

I still believe that come draft day we will be going after Branch or Okoye, Im hoping Okoye.