Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bly continues to seek trade to Wash!

"Over the past few days, sources said Dre Bly has expressed concern with remaining a Bronco with several of his new teammates, as well as former ones in Detroit. Bly and agent Kennard McGuire, both reached on their cellphones, declined comment. Shawn Springs has told friends about his long-held desire to play for Denver Coach Mike Shanahan -- they became close many years ago after flying to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl together -- and Shanahan remains a strong proponent of Springs's play, according to a source. The Redskins and Broncos have completed trades in each of the past three years. Should the Broncos reach a point where they considered dealing Bly, the Redskins could be the right partner."

Posted March 05, by Ben Maller on FOXSports.com

From the Washington Post:

"Yesterday, Gibbs reiterated that he is "counting on" Springs for next season. As previously reported, the Redskins and Lions discussed a trade last week that would have sent Springs to Detroit and Bly to the Redskins with a contract extension. The potential deal collapsed after the Redskins, lacking suitable draft picks, could not accommodate the Lions' demands (Denver sent two players and a pick to Detroit to land Bly). The Redskins were interested in getting Bly once he became a Bronco, but sources said the Redskins wanted the Broncos to help with the $7.5 million cap charge the Redskins would accrue by trading Springs, and Denver refused.

Numerous league sources, including several who have spoken with Bly this weekend, said he preferred to go to Washington to be closer to his Virginia home and because owner Daniel Snyder was willing to give him a lucrative extension. The Broncos have resisted advances by Bly's agents, expecting him to play for the $4.2 million salary he will get this season and offering no extension.

Over the past few days, sources said Bly has expressed concern with remaining a Bronco with several of his new teammates, as well as former ones in Detroit. Bly and agent Kennard McGuire, both reached on their cellphones, declined comment.

Springs has told friends about his long-held desire to play for Denver Coach Mike Shanahan -- they became close many years ago after flying to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl together -- and Shanahan remains a strong proponent of Springs's play, according to a source. The Redskins and Broncos have completed trades in each of the past three years. Should the Broncos reach a point where they considered dealing Bly, the Redskins could be the right partner.

Washington is also seeking to trade down from the sixth overall pick to land additional picks on the first day of the draft. The Broncos have ample picks."

By Howard Bryant and Jason La Canfora
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Monday, March 5, 2007; Page E01

If what is reported is correct, I say ship Bly to Washington for either a high draft pick or Springs and a pick. Bly has certainly not helped his transition to Denver by stirring up all this crap. The thing is Springs is due 6.8 Mil and 7.3 mil cap figure so some significant changes would have to be made with his contract for it to work.

The only former Detroit players on the Broncos I know of are Stephen Alexander, David Kircus, and Dan "Big Daddy" Wilkinson. Are there others I'm missing?

What do you think?
    Last edited by eabort; 03-06-2007 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eabort
    "Over the past few days, sources said Dre Bly has expressed concern with remaining a Bronco with several of his new teammates, as well as former ones in Detroit. Bly and agent Kennard McGuire, both reached on their cellphones, declined comment. Shawn Springs has told friends about his long-held desire to play for Denver Coach Mike Shanahan -- they became close many years ago after flying to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl together -- and Shanahan remains a strong proponent of Springs's play, according to a source. The Redskins and Broncos have completed trades in each of the past three years. Should the Broncos reach a point where they considered dealing Bly, the Redskins could be the right partner."

Posted March 05, by Ben Maller on FOXSports.com

From the Washington Post:

"Yesterday, Gibbs reiterated that he is "counting on" Springs for next season. As previously reported, the Redskins and Lions discussed a trade last week that would have sent Springs to Detroit and Bly to the Redskins with a contract extension. The potential deal collapsed after the Redskins, lacking suitable draft picks, could not accommodate the Lions' demands (Denver sent two players and a pick to Detroit to land Bly). The Redskins were interested in getting Bly once he became a Bronco, but sources said the Redskins wanted the Broncos to help with the $7.5 million cap charge the Redskins would accrue by trading Springs, and Denver refused.

Numerous league sources, including several who have spoken with Bly this weekend, said he preferred to go to Washington to be closer to his Virginia home and because owner Daniel Snyder was willing to give him a lucrative extension. The Broncos have resisted advances by Bly's agents, expecting him to play for the $4.2 million salary he will get this season and offering no extension.

Over the past few days, sources said Bly has expressed concern with remaining a Bronco with several of his new teammates, as well as former ones in Detroit. Bly and agent Kennard McGuire, both reached on their cellphones, declined comment.

Springs has told friends about his long-held desire to play for Denver Coach Mike Shanahan -- they became close many years ago after flying to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl together -- and Shanahan remains a strong proponent of Springs's play, according to a source. The Redskins and Broncos have completed trades in each of the past three years. Should the Broncos reach a point where they considered dealing Bly, the Redskins could be the right partner.

Washington is also seeking to trade down from the sixth overall pick to land additional picks on the first day of the draft. The Broncos have ample picks."

By Howard Bryant and Jason La Canfora
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Monday, March 5, 2007; Page E01

If what is reported is correct, I say ship Bly to Washington for either a high draft pick or Springs and a pick. Bly has certainly not helped his transition to Denver by stirring up all this crap. The thing is Springs is due 6.8 Mil and 7.3 mil cap figure so some significant changes would have to be made with his contract for it to work.

What do you think?
    I think we stop posting news about these reports until we hear something said by a Broncos official or Dre Bly, but thats just me.

The only former Detroit players on the Broncos I know of are Stephen Alexander and David Kircus. Are there others I'm missing?

What do you think?
    isnt Dan Wilkinson a former Lion?

Quote Originally Posted by portis26hb
    I think we stop posting news about these reports until we hear something said by a Broncos official or Dre Bly, but thats just me.

It seems to me this is news worthy and as a fan I want to know about the players I'm cheering for and may potentially buy merchandise like a jersey to support new players. If these stories are untrue it provides the team or the player or his agent to clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by bjoli198
    isnt Dan Wilkinson a former Lion?
    Yep, you're right! He played with them from 2003-05. Thanks!

It seems to me this is news worthy and as a fan I want to know about the players I'm cheering for and may potentially buy merchandise like a jersey to support new players. If these stories are untrue it provides the team or the player or his agent to clear things up.
    Sure it was news worthy on Sunday, but why didnt you post in one of the many other Bly threads, instead of making a new thread posting the same things that have been said over and over for the last 3 days?

If Bly really wants to be a Redskin then it just goes to show that years of losing at Detroit have addled his brain.

Yeah, I want to play for a losing team rather than a winning team. I likes to be on the losing side!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro
    If Bly really wants to be a Redskin then it just goes to show that years of losing at Detroit have addled his brain.

Yeah, I want to play for a losing team rather than a winning team. I likes to be on the losing side!
    Duhhh, who doesn't?

Sure it was news worthy on Sunday, but why didnt you post in one of the many other Bly threads, instead of making a new thread posting the same things that have been said over and over for the last 3 days?

If you will take note, both sources are dated 3-5-07. I looked down the threads and did not see this news. I felt it worth posting as Bly points to players here he does not want to play on the same team with. If Mods feel it needs to be merged into a different thread then so be it.

If you will take note, both sources are dated 3-5-07. I looked down the threads and did not see this news. I felt it worth posting as Bly points to players here he does not want to play on the same team with. If Mods feel it needs to be merged into a different thread then so be it.
    Got a link quoting Bly directly? Didn't think so.

Um, that's probaly why it said 'sources close to Bly'!

Come on folks, we all know not to take this stuff too seriously until we geta definite yes/no/maybe from The Broncos themselves!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

I never heard about those quotes about BLY.

Champ said they had numerous conversations and Bly was happy to be a Bronco.Where are you getin your info from.Give us a link

If Bly makes statements to a source and then the source prints it in THE WASHINGTON POST, then the source would be considered a witness to what Bly said. Therefore it is reasonable to think that Bly made statements to this end.

Do you have a source to the level of the Wash Post that says Bly did not make comments implying he doesn't want to play with certain Broncos players?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
    I never heard about those quotes about BLY.

Champ said they had numerous conversations and Bly was happy to be a Bronco.Where are you getin your info from.Give us a link

I gave both sources. But for those in the cheap seats, one is the FOXSports website and the other is the Washington Post.

If Bly makes statements to a source and then the source prints it in THE WASHINGTON POST, then the source would be considered a witness to what Bly said. Therefore it is reasonable to think that Bly made statements to this end.

Do you have a source to the level of the Wash Post that says Bly did not make comments implying he doesn't want to play with certain Broncos players?

Oh so you dont know what Dre Bly said, you only know what "sources" told the paper. Ok, I believe you!!!!!!!!!!

BTW my source said Champ is unhappy and wants to be traded to the Chargers.