Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jim Bates wanted Bly. That's why they made the efforts to go after him..... He wanted a solid secondary, and wanted to cause fits for other teams and their passing game. He got what he wanted, and Bates isn't going to trade him. Bailey went on the record saying how happy he was at the opportuntity to have such a secondary. And NOW, somehow we are going to trade this guy. Get real laxstar!!!!!!!!!!! This will never happen. WE HAVE the player we have wanted. It will force guys like Manning, Brady, and Rivers into having to take the chance in going down field. If we can generate some kind of a pass rush, and with the cover guys we have, they are going to make some serious mistakes. Bailey & Bly can both make plays. We are in a situation that many would love to have, so why would we want to trade a proven player in Bly????????????????

Lax, sorry dude, but I don't think you're exactly making the greatest entrance into the boards. :paper:
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/khristinejoy/U1699-11780657751.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/khristinejoy/laronlandrygs51.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][I]The Future[/I]...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][B]starts right now[/B][/SIZE].[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=Teal]Sig Credit To:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkRed]BroncosFreak_56[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by laxstar263
    Trade 1:
    The Skins would send Springs and their 1st round draft pick (6th overall) to the Lions.

The Lions would send their 1st round draft pick (2nd overall) to the Bronco's.

The Broncos would send Dre Bly and the 3rd rounder they got from the Skins back to the Skins.

Trade 2:
    The skins would send Spring and their 1st round draft pick (6th overall) to the Broncos.

The Broncos would send Dre Bly and their 1st round pick (21st overall) to the Redskins.

What are your thoughts?
    MY thoughts? Here we go again!

Now we'll have ANOTHER 150 posts repeating the SAME thing with endless argument and speculation. Why not just re-read all the OTHER threads that have already ground this topic to death -- at least until there is some ACTUAL news that negotiations are progressing or that there's some real trade on the table.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel
    MY thoughts? Here we go again!

Now we'll have ANOTHER 150 posts repeating the SAME thing with endless argument and speculation. Why not just re-read all the OTHER threads that have already ground this topic to death -- at least until there is some ACTUAL news that negotiations are progressing or that there's some real trade on the table.
    Despite all this speculation, if a trade actually happens anytime soon I will be shocked. I think its more likely that we will attempt to extend his contract. Although if there is no agreement as the draft nears, a trade starts becoming more and more realistic.

I'm really starting to hate this Message board........

<- Ready for the salute
    As long as you do not post in the thread it will die.

Man I posted in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NBudris
    As long as you do not post in the thread it will die.

Man I posted in the thread.
    yeah your right.

oopps!
    dangit........
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

I know this is an old thread but I was looking for some Bly Info and I cam across this thread, and I just had to put my two cents in not about the thread, but about the projected starters that laxstar had. Just wanted to add my opinion to it.

Projected 2007 Broncos Lineup
    Offensive Starters
    QB-Jay Cutler
    RB-Travis Henry

FB-Paul Smith - Paul Smith was added for special teams, he has virtually NO CHANCE to start. This will be Cecil Sapp in my opinion.

WR1-Javon Walker
    WR2-Brandon Marshall
    TE-Daniel Graham

LT-Eric Pears - This is Lepsis' spot, no question.

LG-Ben Hamalton
    C-Tom Nalen
    RG-Montrea Holland
    RT-Adam Meadows - This very well could be Eric Pears' position.

Defensive Starters
    CB1-Champ Bailey
    CB2-Dre Bly
    SS-Nick Fergesun
    FS-John Lynch

LOLB-D.J. Williams - I believe this spot will go to Nate Webster

MLB-Al Wilson - Sadly, I don't think Wilson will be here next season, and it will be DJ Williams in this spot.

ROLB-Ian Gold

LDE-Elvis Dumerville - This spot hopefully belongs to our first round draft pick, as Elvis is a spot rusher.

DT-Demetrean Veal
    DT-Gerrard Warren

RDE-Ebanizar Ekuban - If we can get a top talent at Left End, we can move Lang back to his natural position of Right End.
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Ted Sundquist said Bly isn't going to be traded.

yea.. but that doesn't mean anything really. That could be his approach to the media to stop all the talk and hype. That doesn't mean they wouldn't trade him if the deal came down that intrigued them. We all know people change their minds, and they CERTAINLY don't tell the media the whole truth 99% of the time. I wouldn't think anything less of him if he traded Bly just because he said they weren't going to.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsOwnU
    I know this is an old thread but I was looking for some Bly Info and I cam across this thread, and I just had to put my two cents in not about the thread, but about the projected starters that laxstar had. Just wanted to add my opinion to it.

Projected 2007 Broncos Lineup
    Offensive Starters
    QB-Jay Cutler
    RB-Travis Henry

FB-Paul Smith - Paul Smith was added for special teams, he has virtually NO CHANCE to start. This will be Cecil Sapp in my opinion.

WR1-Javon Walker
    WR2-Brandon Marshall
    TE-Daniel Graham

LT-Eric Pears - This is Lepsis' spot, no question.

LG-Ben Hamalton
    C-Tom Nalen
    RG-Montrea Holland
    RT-Adam Meadows - This very well could be Eric Pears' position.

Defensive Starters
    CB1-Champ Bailey
    CB2-Dre Bly
    SS-Nick Fergesun
    FS-John Lynch

LOLB-D.J. Williams - I believe this spot will go to Nate Webster

MLB-Al Wilson - Sadly, I don't think Wilson will be here next season, and it will be DJ Williams in this spot.

ROLB-Ian Gold

LDE-Elvis Dumerville - This spot hopefully belongs to our first round draft pick, as Elvis is a spot rusher.

DT-Demetrean Veal
    DT-Gerrard Warren

RDE-Ebanizar Ekuban - If we can get a top talent at Left End, we can move Lang back to his natural position of Right End.
    If Dumervil starts he will be the RDE and Ekuban would be the LDE. The pass rusher is on the right. And let's hope Veal is not a starter at DT, I hope he gets cut or moved to LDE, if he can play that position.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Bly

I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius today and Pat Bowlen was on. It was interesting to hear him speak about Bly. He said that if Bly would come to town and just see the quality of the facility and City he could make a decision to make Denver his home. That sound to me like Bly has not even been to Denver yet which, would, also indicate that maybe there is truth to the rumors he is trade bait. That would suck, I like him as a corner. Bowlen said as much two and pumped up the Bly/Bailey combo.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac
    I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius today and Pat Bowlen was on. It was interesting to hear him speak about Bly. He said that if Bly would come to town and just see the quality of the facility and City he could make a decision to make Denver his home. That sound to me like Bly has not even been to Denver yet which, would, also indicate that maybe there is truth to the rumors he is trade bait. That would suck, I like him as a corner. Bowlen said as much two and pumped up the Bly/Bailey combo.
    Well if Washington trades for Lance Briggs, you can most likely kiss any chance of Dre' Bly leaving goodbye. Which isn't a bad thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Ted Sundquist said Bly isn't going to be traded.
    well why havent we heard ONE WORD from dre bly? he hasnt even had a press conference, hes hid behind his agent, I dont respect that. I hope he stays but I dont think he wants to be here.

I want bly to stay... but he is an idiot and a crybaby...

Boy some of you guys sure know how to make a new guy feel welcome......

I know there have been alot of threads about this but geez, take it easy

People spend WAY too much time on these boards making comments about a thread they don't like, as if they are anointed "king of the message board" or something. That's what the mods are for, and if they see fit they will merge, so let them do their jobs, and if you don't like it, just don't post, but I think making comments complaining about it is neither appropriate or your decision to make, so chill, my Bronco buddies........

So I the only thing I don't like about Bly is that he is a above average CB who has spent his career with the LIONS!! And no offense to the Lions fans out there, but they have pretty much been in the dirt for about the last decade (at least). So why would he be willing to play for the lions, but pitch a fit when he has a chance to come to a team that is a perennial contender? I think we all know he is about the money (at least it seems to be so far), and I don't know if I want a guy like that on my team. I know it's business blah blah blah, and maybe he is just looking for the best deal for himself, but that can be taken too far real fast (usually when they listen to their agents too much). If someone's heart isn't in it and they are only around for the paycheck, then I don't care how good they are, I don't want them around. So I haven't passed judgement on Bly just yet, but if he is indeed a "money man", then we will be better off in the long run without him, and enjoy your career in the basement of the NFL.