Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: D.J. Williams

D.J. Williams

Does anyone else think we need to replace DJ Williams?? After impressing the Broncos in his rookie draft, he has been a bust since, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DTownNative
    Does anyone else think we need to replace DJ Williams?? After impressing the Broncos in his rookie draft, he has been a bust since, in my opinion.
    No. He hasn't had the same numbers as his rookie year because the Broncos changed his position. We need to move him back to his original position. If you want to get rid of a LB look no further than Gold.

Bates has already gone on record as saying that they were going to change the role that Williams will play in the defense. He was taken out of the game in a lot of situations last year...he will not be taken out so much this year. Williams is a stud...when the Broncos use him right, that will become clear to everyone.

I dont consider him a bust,DJ is a good player.He had to switch over to strong side linebacker and gain weight to accomadate Gold.His natural position is weakside linebacker,DJ will be find.

Sometimes you have to have patience with these players when their learning a new positon.

Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    No. He hasn't had the same numbers as his rookie year because the Broncos changed his position. We need to move him back to his original position. If you want to get rid of a LB look no further than Gold.

Bates has already gone on record as saying that they were going to change the role that Williams will play in the defense. He was taken out of the game in a lot of situations last year...he will not be taken out so much this year. Williams is a stud...when the Broncos use him right, that will become clear to everyone.
    Great Post man Im glad me and you agree on DJ,CPs coming

plus he looks like a hard ass with his black visor lol

Hmmm . . . did you watch the same Broncos as I last year?

I thought D.J. did a pretty good job.

-----

LOL...Some people just crack me up. Follow the team and you would know why his numbers are down. I'll give you a hint *Ian Gold*
    [center][IMG]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7156/patrickchuckwarahsigem7.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][B]Props to Snk 16 for the sig[/B][/SIZE][/center]

Coeur d'Alene, Id...home of John Elway & Jake Plummer

Question

What are you smoking? Replace him? Are you nuts. Move him over - yes!!!
    BRONCO @ BIRTH

please try to watch bronco football, follow bronco team news, undrstand the team makeup including coaches....before makeing assumptions

dj played great within the system in the position he was asked to

Quote Originally Posted by LDB

Fair enough - thanks for the input. I certainly hope Bates moves him back to where he's effective and worthy of the first-round pick. I'll always be rooting for any Bronco is willing to improve his game.

No. Would much rather see us unload Gold in a trade to Chicago for Briggs and move DJ back to weak side, and let Briggs play Strong side.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

We do not have issues at LB.

Gold, DJ, Al are a killer trio.

If its not broken, dont fix it. There's plenty of other things on the laundry list of things to change.

T777
    "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

It's like saying Mike Anderson sucked after his awesome rookie year because they moved him to fullback and he didn't get a thousand yards.

DJ was moved. It's not his fault. He's just waiting to be unleashed again. Look at the Pats game if you want proof of what he'll do when he's in a game a lot.

Dj is the best lb on this team! Replacing him would be crazy. We need to extend his contract before he is a free agent.

Nope. The former DC was wasting his talent. I think Bates will tap into his true talents, and will see some great highlight reels of him on ESPN this season.