View Poll Results: Should the NFL add more games per season?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only 1 game

4 3.77%
  • Yes, but only 2 games

17 16.04%
  • No, make 2 pre-season games official

23 21.70%
  • No, Its fine the way it is

62 58.49%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I would love to see more games, but it is to hard on the players already. Plus if you are a wildcard team and make it to the super bowl. That would be 5 to 6 extra games than normal. I don't think that alot of guys could take that much punishment.
    [IMG]http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CALI11612110238_thumbnail.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://espn.starwave.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/65x90/7232.jpg[/IMG] RIP Darrent Williams
    You know the difference between winners and losers?

Ya the score.

THE REPLACEMENTS

Yeah, keep the schedule the way it is. The season is long enough and is acutally 20 games when you count preaseason. The season is hard on players as it is and will be worse by adding another month, which would push the Super Bowl close to March. Not to mention making the offseason shorter.
    R.I.P
    #27 Darrent Williams
    #29 Damian Nash

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ucket/kobe.jpg
    Thanks MasterShake for the sig

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8...anscottck7.png

It's hard enough keeping a healty roster with a 16 game season.

Players get injured enough as it is

Ya, I;d like to see more football, but for the players and coaches sake, they need that time off. So just a suggestion, what I've REALLY been trying to do is get into our arena football team. The Utah Blaze. This is my first season cheering for them, they've only been around for two. Needless to say, it's fun, but a world away from going to a Broncos game. Although at the home opener at Energy Solutions, where the Utah Jazz play, I saw three Darrent Williams jerseys, and two Champ Bailey jerseys!! Almost made me feel like I was cherring with Broncos fans.

Cool

I wouldn't mind seeing them make the 4 preseason games regular season games. But the overall length of the season is probably good enough.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I think it would be cool to have the Practice squad for each team do some exhibition games in the spring/summer months. Kind of like NFL Europe, except here in America. And with more people watching. And no tea. They can call it NFL Europe Except It's In America, or NFLEEIIA for short.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake
    I think it would be cool to have the Practice squad for each team do some exhibition games in the spring/summer months. Kind of like NFL Europe, except here in America. And with more people watching. And no tea. They can call it NFL Europe Except It's In America, or NFLEEIIA for short.

LOL....U-SIK-WE-HIF

It would be a terrible idea to add more games to the schedule. It would only add more injuries and make it easier to overcome losses.

If anything the season should be shortened by trimming a preseason game or two.
    Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

[IMG]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9890/darrentwilliamstributebb3.jpg[/IMG]

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

[IMG]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5780/selyoinksig3yx.jpg[/IMG]

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by selyoink
    It would be a terrible idea to add more games to the schedule. It would only add more injuries and make it easier to overcome losses.

Good point. Right now, every game counts. It's not like baseball where you can lose your first 16 and still make a playoff run. If you lose your first 16, then you are going home early. Or you are the Oakland Ra.....ahhh, it's just too easy! (I'm just kidding Raidernation, you guys are allright!)

I like the season as is except for the bye weeks. It is absolutely moronic to give teams bye weeks in week 3 or 4. They need to give all the teams the same week off in the middle of the season. The NFL did it this way for a couple of years when they first started the bye weeks. My guess is they probably make more money not having a week without any football.

Quote Originally Posted by selyoink

thats just crazy.

i expected a differant result on the poll. 49 people think it should stay or shorten! are you guys nuts? the football season is way to short.

and last time i checked each team had a 53 man roster with backups at just about every position.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx
    thats just crazy.

i expected a differant result on the poll. 49 people think it should stay or shorten! are you guys nuts? the football season is way to short.

and last time i checked each team had a 53 man roster with backups at just about every position.
    And the game would be less exciting if teams went through every back up on the roster due to injuries.

The season is perfect now, players get beaten up through possibly 24 games, including preaseason and through the super bowl. I like the scheduling now, allows teams to play a good mix of teams throughout the year.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

I think the arguement players would get injured more is not valid.

Look at the teams who are regularly in the post season. They do not suffer any more injuries then anyone else yet they play 1-4 more games year in and year out.

Personally I think the preseason is a joke. Coaches know by the 2nd preseason game who is staying and who is going pretty much. That is why you see so many players year in and year out have great games on the last game or second to last game but still get cut.

If anything I would cut the overall schedule by 2 preseason games and add one more by week in the schedule for each team.

I know the NFL REFUSES to cut the preseason games out. If they insist on playing those games I would make 2 of them regular season games.

Agreed, preaseason is too long and there are some starters who don't play during the preseason due to the fact that they don't want to get hurt. I mean look at what happened to Portis in Washington. He got hurt in the first game and had no reason to be in when he got injured. Correct me if I am wrong, I think Portis got injured on a KO return or something like that (nothing to do with a running play).
    R.I.P
    #27 Darrent Williams
    #29 Damian Nash

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ucket/kobe.jpg
    Thanks MasterShake for the sig

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8...anscottck7.png