Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Seems to me that speculation about losing Al because of money is misguided. I think it has more to do with the need for improvement on the D, and Al provides a means to an end. Bates is now the D-Coord. And he has a vision of what he wants to develop, and I think he is trying to pull off one move in a series to get to where he wants to be personnel-wise. If Tuck pans out as a DE, and the Broncos get a third or better for Al in addition to Tuck, then the Broncos will be moving towards improving the team as a whole. First pick then should be a DT like Harrell. An LB in 2. S in three.

They are working hard to put together a better team on D. It's what everyone wanted to see. It may be a bit painful and gut-wrenching to get there, but it needs to be done.....

Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    We were going to have to pay Al Wilson $5.2 Million this season if he didn't take a pay cut. Joey Porter just signed a 6 year $30 Million deal with the Dolphins. Javon just freed up another $3.2 Million by re-working his bonus. We have the $$$ lets pull the trigger and offer him top market $$. Move DJ to inside and let Lance get busy in Jim Bates system. Get a DE in the draft early. If we were to trade with the Giants we would get their 1st round. Package our pick with their #1 pick and move up to get Gaines or keep them both and get a Safety and DE. The offense is set and I am sure they will add depth in the draft. It could work!
    Briggs is a Will. Gold is a Will. D.J. can play Will. Why would the Broncos want another Will?

Don't think so.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by T8KNOVR
    We were going to have to pay Al Wilson $5.2 Million this season if he didn't take a pay cut. Joey Porter just signed a 6 year $30 Million deal with the Dolphins. Javon just freed up another $3.2 Million by re-working his bonus. We have the $$$ lets pull the trigger and offer him top market $$. Move DJ to inside and let Lance get busy in Jim Bates system. Get a DE in the draft early. If we were to trade with the Giants we would get their 1st round. Package our pick with their #1 pick and move up to get Gaines or keep them both and get a Safety and DE. The offense is set and I am sure they will add depth in the draft. It could work!
    I doubt this will happen, but I would be content - it's a longshot. Plus Chicago is not going to let Briggs go anytime soon.