Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yeah mostly all of them arn't helpin at all. I like EKuban and Myers's was doing good, Warren is over paid, for what he does.
    Last edited by Adrenaline84; 03-23-2007 at 11:32 AM.

Embarrassing? I don't think so. They got to the AFC CC game with them. They were in the playoffs and competitive with them. The D was ranked quite high in the league total D and Run D rankings.... Not elite, certainly, but not as bad as some folks would like to make them out to be. I don't care where they came from. It is all about the number of wins they get.

It's easy to transfer disdain for Cleveland's luck to the Broncos. Seems some "writers" want to constantly ridicule Shanahan for a number of reasons....

good find... i hope shanny reads this and spends multiple picks on DL. i wanna walk out of the draft with a DE, DT, S, and OL, anything else is gravy.
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...24/smaller.jpg

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever.

My Adopt-a-Crustacean is Lobster!!!

My sig says it all.

How about a magic trick?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco
    My sig says it all.
    Yeah it sure does, lol.

Well . . .

Ebenezer Ekuban, Gerard Warren, Michael Myers, and Kenard Lang are doing a good
    job for what the Broncos paid for them, which was relatively little.

I'm not embarrassed.

-----

its an embarrassment no matter how u look at it, the "brown-co" emperiment should be tossed in an inferno. sometimes u have to swallow ur pride and get an elite prospect. getting a cheap fill-in and hope to re-ungulf his carreer is not only risy its time consuming. weve got to pay for top notch DL or draft good ones simple as that. As far as us getting to the AFCCG thats all good and all but like the article said we are constantly below the league average in sacks and cant get a constant pass rush without blitzing....its becoming an issue period

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    Ebenezer Ekuban, Gerard Warren, Michael Myers, and Kenard Lang are doing a good
    job for what the Broncos paid for them, which was relatively little.

I'm not embarrassed.

-----

I don't know Top, we paid a ton for Warren, and he responded by loafing it (or suffering from his toes, however one sees it) and bombing last year. I think that was embarassing because everyone and their grandmother warned us that he'd take the money and half ass it.

But overall, I agree with you, the Browncos have been ok as stop gaps. I'm not embarassed about them. What I am embarased about is that we've made them more then stopgaps because we refuse to draft D-line still. That's the part that is embarassing. And with the recent trade moves and such, I'm getting the feeling we'll be passing on the D-line once again.

agreed, but you have to admitt that its not only embarrassing its frustrating that they keep signing the brown castoffs....we need to start picking a better team to fall in love with...oooorrrrrr we can draft the DL like some teams do lol

Its not embarassing but enough is enough. Our d-line has been average at best and for an elite team like the broncos, it's not enough.
    [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p166/Hickster24/CHAMP.jpg[/IMG]

What can Browns Do for You but I bet that is copyright infringement. Dang espn stealing everything recently
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    I don't know Top, we paid a ton for Warren, and he responded by loafing it (or suffering from his toes, however one sees it) and bombing last year. I think that was embarassing because everyone and their grandmother warned us that he'd take the money and half ass it.

But overall, I agree with you, the Browncos have been ok as stop gaps. I'm not embarassed about them. What I am embarased about is that we've made them more then stopgaps because we refuse to draft D-line still. That's the part that is embarassing. And with the recent trade moves and such, I'm getting the feeling we'll be passing on the D-line once again.
    MUG, I appreciate your contributions to this board. I have learned a lot from you.

However, I have played off a bad toe, and I didn't have to push 300 pounds off it.
    As one who has experienced it, I admire Warren for sucking it up and doing what he
    can out there. It has been said he didn't show the explosiveness last year that he
    did the year before. Yes, I can see why.

But it seems we have done very well in stocking up on reserves. As you implied, it
    is long since past time that they start acquiring a starter or two.

-----

Why can't we learn from our mistakes!
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5630/resizew31du0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBronco
    Why can't we learn from our mistakes!

And what exactly would you say our "mistakes" are? Picking up other teams castoffs? Almost every player in this league is some other team's castoff. Maybe specifically picking up Brown's castoffs? I still wouldn't call this a mistake. While it seems that we have a particular affection for the Brown's Dline, maybe there is someone in the organization who has an intimate knowledge of those guys. Last year is was "whats his name" (the guy we fired who also coached with the Browns), who know's this year. Or maybe our mistake is picking up players altogether from the Browns. Why would we exclude a team when looking for players. Because the team sucks? Not........

I don't think we are making "mistakes" that we are somehow uncapable of learning from. We are gambling on players that cost us very little (except for Warren, he is an over paid underachiever), so if it works out, great, if not, that's ok too. I garantee that the front office knows what they are doing (unless all those careerbuilder commercials with the monkey's is actually OUR front office ), so trust them, everything will be fine.

Or at least it better be, darnit........................

Any I am certainly not embarrased, that is ridiculous. In fact I think "Browncos" is pretty funny.......

But if the Browncos experiment worked, Shanny would be a genius...............but it didn't so now it is "embarrassing". I guess that is is the danger of being a risk taker. Keep it up Shanny, I'll take a risk taker any day of the week in your line of work!!