Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    littleton
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    The people in my schools division could not and did not pass so they ran the ball the whole time.

    That's the same way with my high schools team.

    I wish I could still play football (parents made me quit after freshmen season now a sophomore).
    why can't they pass? is it bad blocking? bad qbs? bad recievers? combination of all? or is it just for simplicity sake as it's easier to remember dive right, dive left, toss right, and toss left then a whole playbook of pass plays? haha
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...24/smaller.jpg

    "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever.

    My Adopt-a-Crustacean is Lobster!!!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank24
    why can't they pass? is it bad blocking? bad qbs? bad recievers? combination of all? or is it just for simplicity sake as it's easier to remember dive right, dive left, toss right, and toss left then a whole playbook of pass plays? haha
    I honestly don't know why the teams here don't pass that much to be honest with you. It's the coaches call and I guess he thinks we are horrible at it.

    The only times we've passed were during the goal line situations and maybe some when we can waste a play away.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank24
    why can't they pass? is it bad blocking? bad qbs? bad recievers? combination of all? or is it just for simplicity sake as it's easier to remember dive right, dive left, toss right, and toss left then a whole playbook of pass plays? haha
    And I would like to add that our school has like a 4-5 man rotation at rb.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    littleton
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    And I would like to add that our school has like a 4-5 man rotation at rb.
    lol. is it because of durability? or are your coaches just trying to get more players involved and on the field?

    sorry for the questions, like i said i missed out on hs football and am curious.
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...24/smaller.jpg

    "Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever.

    My Adopt-a-Crustacean is Lobster!!!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank24
    lol. is it because of durability? or are your coaches just trying to get more players involved and on the field?

    sorry for the questions, like i said i missed out on hs football and am curious.
    A mix of all those you mentioned.

    You're not going to see some dude have 30-40 carries a game by himself.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,440
    Thanks for the information guys, I'm definetly going to try and get ready to be the best I can and get prepared to play both ways. I agree though with just being 2nd string RB though because it will wear me down alot.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    5,365
    If I had your size and speed, I would choose QB. That is mostly because is the most important player (except for the Center ).

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, MI
    Posts
    747
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx84
    Thanks for the information guys, I'm definetly going to try and get ready to be the best I can and get prepared to play both ways. I agree though with just being 2nd string RB though because it will wear me down alot.
    well you gotta be ready for that. I mean if you're such a small school like you say you guys are then you are going to have to do a lot. Your going to be tired at practice cause you don't have people to be the scout offense or do drills between you dong them. There will be less time to rest and you will be working a lot more, but that's what happens with smaller teams.

    Trust me playing both sides is hard and wares ya out, but you feel more like you gave it your all and contributed. Plus you feel more like a captain of the team. I started to play both ways my freshmen year which we went undefeated and then just played o-line.

    I was playing RG and OLB and then it just became RG which was fine because I like playing the o-line. Then I was invited up to varsity my sophmore year even though there were already 45 players or so. I played RG, LG and RT last year on varsity as a Soph. and this year there's a possiblity I might even play center. Then my coach is going to try me out at ILB and see how I do. It will be fun and this year should be great and the fact that my coach thinks so much of me is pretty cool.

    Well good luck, sorry to bore ya, but remember work hard and the rest will take care of itself.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

    "When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Land of Corn
    Posts
    13,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx84
    Thanks for the information guys, I'm definetly going to try and get ready to be the best I can and get prepared to play both ways. I agree though with just being 2nd string RB though because it will wear me down alot.
    Do you guys have coaches ready though?

    Our high school had 6 coaches.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Shelton, CT
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx84
    Well I may be the only player able to play both ways, I'm thinking Safety on defense and RB on offense what do you think?
    That may not be the best combination. If you want to play RB on offense you should probably go more of the CB route on defense, and if you want to play Safety on defense, you should probably go more towards the WR route on offense. I say this only because those are 2 positions where you are going to be giving and taking a lot of hits, and if you have to play them both all game your body may end up breaking down quickly.
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

    Sig by Sky.

    All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,013
    you should play right bench.

    thats what i played in all 4 years of my highschool.

    i didnt play a single down.

    i still got a full athletic scholorship at UCLA for hopscotch anyway though.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Honolulu & Omaha
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    Our high school runs a 5-3 (or was it a 5-2 ) with the 2 linebackers rushing all the time (I was linebacker), 5 man line, and the safety watching the runningback and that was pretty much our defense, well minus the goal line situations.
    Wow... My school's intermediate football team runs a 2-6. 3 DBs. Actually, it's a 3-5, as one linebacker lines up at DE.

    There's only 3 guys rushing and 7 guys covering. It's like a prevent situation every play.

    Our D was crazy. We went 2-3

    First game we lost by a blowout. The school we were playing was small, so they didn't have a JV team, only Vars and Inter. So, their inter team is super stacked and their Vars team sucks (second to last in division 2, last is Pac-5 which is players from 5 small schools combined).

    Second game we won by a shootout and then coach started sending in subs but then they had to get called back because they were making a 4th quarter comback.

    Third game we won too.

    Fourth game was on a school day and we lost by quite a bit.

    Fifth game we lost. Hot day too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •