Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't know how anybody could miss these questions:

Here's a sample Wonderlic test from ESPN:

See how you score on some examples from a Wonderlic IQ test.

Set your clock for five minutes, don't peek at the answers, and ... oh, yeah, run the 40 and give us some bench-presses first, would ya?

The Wonderlic Personnel Test ™
    WPT ™ Sample Questions

1. Look at the row of numbers below. What number should come next?
    8 4 2 1 ½ ¼ ?

2. Assume the first two statements are true. Is the final one:
    1. true, 2. false, 3. not certain?
    The boy plays baseball. All baseball players wear hats. The boy wears a hat.

3. Paper sells for 21 cents per pad. What will four pads cost?

4. How many of the five pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?
    Nieman, K.M. Neiman, K.M.
    Thomas, G.K. Thomas, C.K.
    Hoff, J.P. Hoff, J.P.
    Pino, L.R. Pina, L.R.
    Warner, T.S. Wanner, T.S.

5. RESENT RESERVE • Do these words
    1. have similar meanings, 2. have contradictory meanings, 3. mean neither the same nor opposite?

6. One of the numbered figures in the following drawing is most different from the others. What is the number in that figure?

7. A train travels 20 feet in 1/5 second. At this same speed, how many feet will it travel in three seconds?

8. When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for sixty cents?

9. The ninth month of the year is
    1. October, 2. January, 3. June, 4. September, 5 May.

10. Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount?
    7 .8 31 .33 2

11. In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1,800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2,400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?

12. The hours of daylight and darkness in SEPTEMBER are nearest equal to the hours of daylight and darkness in:
    1. June, 2. March, 3. May, 4. November.

13. Three individuals form a partnership and agree to divide the profits equally. X invests $9,000, Y invests $7,000, Z invests $4,000. If the profits are $4,800, how much less does X receive than if the profits were divided in proportion to the amount invested?

14. Assume the first two statements are true. Is the final one:
    1. true, 2. false, 3. not certain?
    Tom greeted Beth. Beth greeted Dawn. Tom did not greet Dawn.

15. A boy is 17 years old and his sister is twice as old. When the boy is 23 years old, what will be the age of his sister?

These are sample test questions and are intended for demonstration purposes only. The Wonderlic Personnel Test is published by Wonderlic, Inc.

Answers
    1. 1/8
    2. true
    3. 84 cents
    4. 1
    5. 3
    6. 4
    7. 300 feet
    8. 6 feet
    9. September
    10. .33
    11. 17
    12. March
    13. $560
    14. not certain
    15. 40 years old
    You'd have to be a real imbecile to miss most of these questions. (In fairness I missed #13, kept coming up with $576 instead of $560 --- but then I suck at math, which I haven't studied since 1976 when I was back in high-school).

These guys just graduated from college and they should be able to answer this stuff without any trouble. There wasn't even ONE intellectually demanding question there.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Now I really wouldn't mind getting Blalock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel

You'd have to be a real imbecile to miss most of these questions. (In fairness I missed #13, kept coming up with $576 instead of $560 --- but then I suck at math, which I haven't studied since 1976 when I was back in high-school).

These guys just graduated from college and they should be able to answer this stuff without any trouble. There wasn't even ONE intellectually demanding question there.
    CP's for whoever finds me the Bengals version of the Wonderlic, it was posted here a while back, I just dont have the time or patience to look for it. Its hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithOverTO
    My only knowledge was the Wonderlic test in Madden 2005 and the questions were like "What shape is a stop sign?"

Is it a square
    R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    But Ryan's problems didn't have to do with his lack of comprehending the playbook. You don't want your QB having a wonderlic scores of single digits if THEY are the person that is responsible for knowing the routes, responsibilities, and of everyone else on the offense. Not to mention the one making the reads of the opposing team. Athletic ability is only a part of the game, you have to be able to think, read, memorize, and have a resemblence of intelligence.

You don't want the guy on the offensive line that makes the reads and the calls (the center) to be the guy that can't remember what a 'right triangle' is. You don't want the RB that is supposed to read the blitz, and is responsible for picking up the guy that may KILL your QB, if he doesn't know what 2dimes and a nickle equal to.

How are you supposed to have your QB and your WR on the 'same page' if the WR isn't intelligent enough to know how many sides are on a rectangle?
    I suppose there is a method to the madness. I guess that's why they are the coaches and I am the fan.

I see what you are saying, but I do believe in some instances, talent outweighs the knowledge of a triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    If it comes down to choosing between two guys, both having reasonably the same amount of skill athletically, who are you going to choose? The guy that scores a 39, or the one that scores an 11?
    This is something I can not answer truthfully or accurately. I wont even attempt it.

I do know that there's more to making a decision on who the right guy is than just the wonderlic score though.

Quote Originally Posted by LoufromLItt.
    Is it a square
    Are you messing around?

It's an Octagon.

As someone who has worked with people who are mentally and phsyically disabled, i find the use of the word retarded to be very offensive(and I'm sure I won't be the only one on the boards who feels this way).

You couldn't have said stupid, or 'not the sharpest knife in the drawer'?
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

I missed two questions, but it doesnt mean you dont understand the game of football. It's a pretty stupid test if you ask me.

They should give a test based on football questions. Like defense setup, blitzing schemes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CinnaMunMun
    The SATs are a bit important!
    Yeah well... I'm not going to college, and sitting in a room for 6 hours straight pissed me off...

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Yeah well... I'm not going to college, and sitting in a room for 6 hours straight pissed me off...
    Yea. the SAT's suck. I actually nailed them (not to brag, but yeah, im the man), but i think that its a stupid way to measure someone's intelligence. Some people just arent good test takers, and its not fair that colleges weigh their admissions so heavily on them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuture6
    Yea. the SAT's suck. I actually nailed them (not to brag, but yeah, im the man), but i think that its a stupid way to measure someone's intelligence. Some people just arent good test takers, and its not fair that colleges weigh their admissions so heavily on them.
    I can't believe the simplicity of the Wonderlic. You want to see some really hard questions? This sample from the LSAT always tangles my brain:
    Example:
    An amusement park roller coaster includes five cars, numbered 1 through 5 from front to back. Each car accommodates up to two riders, seated side by side. Six people—Tom, Gwen, Laurie, Mark, Paul and Jack—are riding the coaster at the same time.

The Conditions:

Laurie is sharing a car.
    Mark is not sharing a car and is seated immediately behind an empty car.
    Tom is not sharing a car with either Gwen or Paul.
    Gwen is riding in either the third or fourth car.

The Questions

The conditions are followed by a series of questions about the relationships defined by those conditions. The questions call for deductive analysis. As in math problems, one and only one response can be proven beyond any doubt to be the correct one. The number of questions per game ranges from four to eight, although six or seven questions is most common. You must consider each question separately from the other questions. Do NOT carry over information provided in any particular question to other questions. The four questions that follow pertain to the premise and conditions above.

Sample Questions:

1. Which of the following groups of riders could occupy the second car?

(A) Laurie only
    (B) Tom and Gwen
    (C) Laurie and Mark
    (D) Jack and Tom
    (E) Jack, Gwen, and Paul

2. If Gwen is riding immediately behind Laurie's car and immediately ahead of Tom's car, all of the following must be true EXCEPT:

(A) Gwen is riding in the fourth car.
    (B) Paul is riding in the third car.
    (C) Tom is riding in the fifth car.
    (D) Laurie is riding in the third car.
    (E) The first car is empty.

3. Which one of the following statements CANNOT be true?

(A) Neither Tom nor Gwen is sharing a car with another rider.
    (B) Neither Mark nor Jack is sharing a car with another rider.
    (C) Tom is sharing a car, and Jack is sharing a car.
    (D) Gwen is sharing a car, and Paul is sharing a car.
    (E) Tom is sharing a car, and Gwen is sharing a car.

4. If Paul is riding in the second car, how many different combinations of riders are possible for the third car?

(A) one
    (B) two
    (C) three
    (D) four
    (E) five

5. Assume that a seventh rider is riding with Jack in the first car, but that all other rules remain unchanged. Which of the following is a complete and accurate list of the riders who might be riding in the fifth car?

(A) Mark
    (B) Gwen, Paul
    (C) Tom, Laurie, Paul
    (D) Tom, Laurie, Mark
    (E) Mark, Gwen, Paul, Tom, Laurie
    Try and imagine most NFL draftees tangling their brains with that one!

An entire section of those questions reduced me to jello on the LSAT. GMAT questions are supposedly just as hard.

So, NFL draftees really don't have any room to complain if they can't even answer the simple stuff on that Wonderlic test!
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-06-2007 at 06:18 PM.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

I can't believe the simplicity of the Wonderlic. You want to see some really hard questions? This sample from the LSAT always tangles my brain:

Try and imagine most NFL draftees tangling their brains with that one!

An entire section of those questions reduced me to jello on the LSAT. GMAT questions are supposedly just as hard.

So, NFL draftees really don't have any room to complain if they can't even answer the simple stuff on that Wonderlic test!
    I can't write an essay worth crap.

I'll stick to the SAT's

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos Rex
    ha this guy laughs...mean while there the ones laughing making there money doing sumthing they enjoy doing, driving nice cars to practice and banging hot women..

in all honesty i don't mean to snap on you but this probaly one of the worst things i hate most in this world when people make fun of people's intellegence, i see this alot becuase i work with kids

lol are you serious?!

wow, if the questions are like that and people are getting 4s and 8s then something is wrong. How in the world did they pass college?! That's just pathetic I mean seriously come on. At least try to be decently smart enough to answer a 3rd grade question.

lol
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

I. Laurie is sharing a car.
    II. Mark is not sharing a car and is seated immediately behind an empty car.
    III. Tom is not sharing a car with either Gwen or Paul.
    IV. Gwen is riding in either the third or fourth car.

1. Which of the following groups of riders could occupy the second car?

(A) Laurie only
    (B) Tom and Gwen
    (C) Laurie and Mark
    (D) Jack and Tom
    (E) Jack, Gwen, and Paul
    We're talking about the second car, so let's look at the conditions, as I labeled them. Condition IV says that Gwen is in car 3 or 4, so she can't be in number 2. Thus you eliminate B and E. Condition I says Laurie is sharing a car, so you eliminate A. II says Mark is not sharing a car, so you eliminate C. Thus D is correct.

2. If Gwen is riding immediately behind Laurie's car and immediately ahead of Tom's car, all of the following must be true EXCEPT:

(A) Gwen is riding in the fourth car.
    (B) Paul is riding in the third car.
    (C) Tom is riding in the fifth car.
    (D) Laurie is riding in the third car.
    (E) The first car is empty.
    I've got to admit I'm a bit confused by this one. It sees to me the combination of 5-T&J, 4-G, 3-L&P, 2-M, and 1-empty works. Condition I is satisfied as Laurie is sharing with Paul. Condition II is satisfied as Mark is not sharing and is seated behind the empty car 1. Condition III is satisfied as Tom is not sharing with Gwen or Paul but with Jack. Condition IV is satisfied as Gwen is in car 4. As for the problem, Gwen is in 4, behind Laurie in 3 and ahead of Tom in 5. A, Gwen is in the 4th car. B, Paul is in the 3rd. C, Tom is in the 5th. D, Laurie is in the 3rd. E, 1 is empty. Perhaps a flaw in the question?

3. Which one of the following statements CANNOT be true?

(A) Neither Tom nor Gwen is sharing a car with another rider.
    (B) Neither Mark nor Jack is sharing a car with another rider.
    (C) Tom is sharing a car, and Jack is sharing a car.
    (D) Gwen is sharing a car, and Paul is sharing a car.
    (E) Tom is sharing a car, and Gwen is sharing a car.
    A cannot be true. 6 people. 5 cars. One car must be empty (II) and Mark must be alone (II), Tom must be alone (question), and Gwen must be alone (question). Thus the empty car and the 3 solo cars leave one remaining car to fit three people (Laurie, Paul, Jack). That fails because only two can ride in one car. (original prompt). For the remaining options:
    B, 5-L&T, 4-G&P, 3-J, 2-M, 1-empty
    C, 5-L&T, 4-G, 3-J&P, 2-M, 1-empty
    D, 5-L&T, 4-G&P, 3-J, 2-M, 1-empty
    E, 5-L&T, 4-G&P, 3-J, 2-M, 1-empty

4. If Paul is riding in the second car, how many different combinations of riders are possible for the third car?

(A) one
    (B) two
    (C) three
    (D) four
    (E) five
    The answer is C, three. Lets look at things. Paul must be in car 2 (question). Because mark must be alone and riding behind an empty car, you must block two consecutive cars for the M/empty set. the only 2 available consecutive sets would be 5&4 or 4&3. However, because Gwen must be in either 3 or 4 (IV), you can't have 4-M, 3-empty. So Mark is in car 5 alone, car 4 is empty, Gwen must be in car 3, and Paul must be in car 2. Thus we have 3 mobile players, Tom, Laurie, and Jack. Tom cannot be in car 3 with Gwen (III). That leaves three possible combinations for car 3, Gwen and Laurie, Gwen and jack, Gwen alone. Examples:
    G&L:.....5-M, 4-empty, 3-G&L, 2-P, 1-T&J
    G&J:......5-M, 4-empty, 3-G&J, 2-P, 1-T&L
    G...........5-M, 4-empty, 3-G, 2-P&J, 1-T&L

5. Assume that a seventh rider is riding with Jack in the first car, but that all other rules remain unchanged. Which of the following is a complete and accurate list of the riders who might be riding in the fifth car?

(A) Mark
    (B) Gwen, Paul
    (C) Tom, Laurie, Paul
    (D) Tom, Laurie, Mark
    (E) Mark, Gwen, Paul, Tom, Laurie
    The answer is D, Tom, Laurie, and Mark. We are putting Jack and mystery in 1 (question), so we can essentially forget car 1. We are left with Cars 5, 4, 3, and 2. Once again, two consecutive cars must be filled with the set of Mark alone & empty. Again, they cannot reside in cars 3&4 as Gwen must be in either 3 or 4 (IV). So we can have 5&4 taken or 3&2 taken. Assuming 5-M, 4-Empty, the combination of 5-M, 4-empty, 3-G&P, 2-T&L meets all conditions thus Mark can be in car 5. Eliminate choices B and C. Now, assuming 3-M, 2-empty. We now have 4 movable players (Gwen, Paul, Tom, Laurie) in two cars (5 and 4). Tom cannot be with Gwen or Paul (III). Because we cannot have any empty seats in these remaining cars, Tom must sit with Laurie and Gwen must sit with Paul. Because Gwen must sit in 3 or 4 (IV) and 3 is taken, Gwen and Paul must sit in car 4. Thus Tom and Laurie can sit in car 5. Eliminate choice A. Again, Gwen must be in 3 or 4 and not 5, thus we can eliminate E. D must be correct.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."