Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hawaii Is Our SALVATION

There is no school (and I'm being a homer) that can fill our needs better than Hawaii.

Ikaika Alama-Francis. A very strong versatile End or Tackle, 4-3 or 3-4. He has great potential to be a great player. A great update to our D-line.

"Nasti" Nate Ilaoa. The 248-pound bunker-busting bowling-ball that is nearly unstoppable once he gets up to speed. At Hawaii, most of the time, it would take SIX PLAYERS to bring him down. Linebackers and DBs. More than one time I've seen him run over two players right after another before being forced out of bounds. He is absolutely a bulldozer. I have yet to see someone who can bring him down one on one. He would be a nice change in the Broncos running game, being a player who just levels everyone in his path. He can also go in as FB to make holes for Henry or Bell. Also, he has 6 years of NCAA eligibility, which translates to a LOT of experience.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=3JMq0FLpb9I

Leonard Peters. He too was granted 6 years of NCAA eligibility. Lots of experience. Reggie Bush absolutely FEARS him. When Hawaii played SC the season before this past season, Peters would just knock down Bush. Bush has said repeatedly that he has a LOT of respect for Peters as being a tough safety. One of the toughest players Bush has ever played, and one of the hardest hitting. He has good/great size too.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TL91j6OHGvk

Ikaika gives us a good fix on D-line, Ilaoa gives us a good 3rd RB, and Peters gives us a good backup safety.

Peters would also be a PERFECT starter when the Broncos play New Orleans.
    Last edited by NickTranOwnz; 04-04-2007 at 08:04 PM.

I fully agree with all except getting Iloa, I think we're fine at RB/FB unless he has some talent as a returner, like a Michael Turner style of returning?

And I loved the idea of starting that beast at safety, I do remember him smacking Bush around, except I don't know when we play New Orleans. Certiantly not this year. And you never know, maybe he could turn into starting material.

Quote Originally Posted by NickTranOwnz
    There is no school (and I'm being a homer) that can fill our needs better than Hawaii.

Ikaika Alama-Francis. A very strong versatile End or Tackle, 4-3 or 3-4. He has great potential to be a great player. A great update to our D-line.

"Nasti" Nate Ilaoa. The 248-pound bunker-busting bowling-ball that is nearly unstoppable once he gets up to speed. At Hawaii, most of the time, it would take SIX PLAYERS to bring him down. Linebackers and DBs. More than one time I've seen him run over two players right after another before being forced out of bounds. He is absolutely a bulldozer. I have yet to see someone who can bring him down one on one. He would be a nice change in the Broncos running game, being a player who just levels everyone in his path. He can also go in as FB to make holes for Henry or Bell. Also, he has 6 years of NCAA eligibility, which translates to a LOT of experience.

Leonard Peters. He too was granted 6 years of NCAA eligibility. Lots of experience. Reggie Bush absolutely FEARS him. When Hawaii played SC the season before this past season, Peters would just knock down Bush. Bush has said repeatedly that he has a LOT of respect for Peters as being a tough safety. He has good/great size too.

Ikaika gives us a good fix on D-line, Ilaoa gives us a good 3rd RB, and Peters gives us a good backup safety.

Peters would also be a PERFECT starter when the Broncos play New Orleans.
    You.........

Well my idea of having Ilaoa kind of went down the drain after we got Henry. I don't think he did punt and kick returns at Hawaii. But man I sure would love to have a huge RB like him that will run over Steroid Merriman.

This guy won't be returning kicks anytime soon in the NFL, he is bigger than Jerome Bettis.

Quote Originally Posted by mxbronco13
    This guy won't be returning kicks anytime soon in the NFL, he is bigger than Jerome Bettis.
    but he can rumble. dude's very fast for his size.

probably not fast enough to return kicks, but i'd be scared as hell to try and tackle him while we were both running full speed at one another... . <-me after trying to tackle nate.
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...24/smaller.jpg

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever.

My Adopt-a-Crustacean is Lobster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mxbronco13
    He may be better than Bettis, but he is faster and stronger.

I really would like to see him knock over Steroid Merriman.

But Leonard Peters is worth a 6th-rounder and Ikaika Alama-Francis is DEFINITELY worth 3a.

Quote Originally Posted by NickTranOwnz
    He may be better than Bettis, but he is faster and stronger.

I really would like to see him knock over Steroid Merriman.

But Leonard Peters is worth a 6th-rounder and Ikaika Alama-Francis is DEFINITELY worth 3a.
    i actually think the chances of us taking Ikaika Alama-Francis might be good. the only thing is that there'll be quite a few good DEs left in that third round so it will just come down to who shanny and Co. likes best out of the group if we go that direction.

i don't think we need nate, but i think he will be an effective runner in the nfl if given the chances somewhere.

i don't know peters, but i'll take your word for it. only guy i have in mind for one of our late rounders is Madison Miller. if we take peters at least i can now go, "hey, i know who that guy is!"

which usually isn't the case with the late round picks.

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank24
    i actually think the chances of us taking Ikaika Alama-Francis might be good. the only thing is that there'll be quite a few good DEs left in that third round so it will just come down to who shanny and Co. likes best out of the group if we go that direction.

i don't think we need nate, but i think he will be an effective runner in the nfl if given the chances somewhere.

i don't know peters, but i'll take your word for it. only guy i have in mind for one of our late rounders is Madison Miller. if we take peters at least i can now go, "hey, i know who that guy is!"

which usually isn't the case with the late round picks.
    Yea, RB (and FB) isn't a need now. Shanny sure likes to stockpile em. Can't find roster room? Stick em in IR and PS.

Oh okay, I didn't know he was THAT big hahaha. I really liek the way San Diego has gone with returning their kicks. In all honesty I would much rather have a 240 pound guy with decent speed that has a good chance of breaking 2-3 tackles on every return and consistenly getting us to the 30-35 yard line and occasionally taking one past mid field rather than some guy who may take it to the house once or twice a year, but other times just get clocked at the 22 and fumble the ball.

I think Ilaoa may be a good idea though... There's this other guy that plays for A&M who also reminds me of Jerome Bettis. What a lineup that would be. Travis Henry who doesn't go down without a fight, very tough, Mike Bell, I guess the one considered the quicker faster back out of our set, and then our run you over beast

He definitely would have helped us last year in that SF game

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117
    Oh okay, I didn't know he was THAT big hahaha. I really liek the way San Diego has gone with returning their kicks.
    ok, don't go giving all the credit to san diego.. don't know if you remember, but reuben droughns got his first playing time returning kicks for the broncos and did a good job at it.

cecil sapp has also returned plenty of kicks, and was doing so before he got hurt this season.

those dang chargers are just copying us!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117
    Oh okay, I didn't know he was THAT big hahaha. I really liek the way San Diego has gone with returning their kicks. In all honesty I would much rather have a 240 pound guy with decent speed that has a good chance of breaking 2-3 tackles on every return and consistenly getting us to the 30-35 yard line and occasionally taking one past mid field rather than some guy who may take it to the house once or twice a year, but other times just get clocked at the 22 and fumble the ball.

I think Ilaoa may be a good idea though... There's this other guy that plays for A&M who also reminds me of Jerome Bettis. What a lineup that would be. Travis Henry who doesn't go down without a fight, very tough, Mike Bell, I guess the one considered the quicker faster back out of our set, and then our run you over beast

He definitely would have helped us last year in that SF game
    Ilaoa's running style reminds me of LT. He runs very smoothly. Here's some videos of him. You will see what I mean when I say "bunker-busting bowling-ball." The first run at Boise State is a perfect example. And the run right after vs USC, he lays out a corner who tries to go 1 on 1 with him. And there's a run at around 2:40 where he lays out 2 defenders at once. Most of the tackles on him are gangtackles from behind.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3JMq0FLpb9I

60 yard shovel pass TD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L9UbZGh1a...elated&search=

If the Broncos do draft him, Cutler better learn to perfect the shovel pass.

Here are vids of Leonard Peters... Reggie Bush has said that Peters is one of the toughest hardest hitting players he's ever played against.

There were some huge plays against Hawaii in this vid but showed Peters' hard hitting and hustle.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TL91j6OHGvk

And here's one where he blitzes and forces a fumble on the QB. Recovered by Ikaika Alama-Francis

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M79Yce0Gg...elated&search=

Oh yea he scored like 7 INT TDs too I believe. 3 from this past season.

He reminds me of Brian Dawkins.

i don't want peters unless he gets a haircut.

i wish i was joking, but i'm not.

I would not mind at all if we drafted Peters.

This dude looks like a sleeper.