Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who is stupid now? Top 10 and Bottom 10 Wonderlics.

From my main man who has been traveling around with teams to as many Pro Day's as possible and was lucky enough to get to Indianapolis.

Wonderlic results
    The official results of the Wonderlic test, which was administered at the combine, have been made available. Although there's no Vince Young-gate to report, there are some interesting scores, nonetheless. A year ago, five players (Syracuse DE Kader Drame, Alabama ILB Freddie Roach, Louisville DT Montavious Stanley, NC State TE T.J. Williams and Oklahoma CB Chijioke Onyenegecha) tied for the worst score . The dubious distinction in 2007 goes to Auburn CB David Irons and Weber State S Bo Smith, who each scored 4 out of 50 on the test. The highest score in this year's class was a 41 (Texas G Justin Blalock), and only eight of the 326 players who took the test (at least once) scored a 10 or lower.

Here's a look at the best and worst from this year's Wonderlic results:

Best 10 scores
    1. Justin Blalock, G, Texas (41)
    2. Anthony Pudewell, TE, Nevada (39)
    3. Kody Bliss, PK, Auburn (38)
    T-4. Jon Cornish, RB, Kansas (37)
    T-4. Brandon Harrison, S, Stanford (37)
    T-6. Scott Chandler, TE, Iowa (36)
    T-6. Daniel Sepulveda, PT, Baylor (36)
    T-6. Jared Zabransky, QB, Boise State (36)
    9. Jordan Kent, WR, Oregon (35)
    10. John Beck, QB, BYU (34)

Worst 10 scores
    T-1. David Irons, CB, Auburn (4)
    T-1. Bo Smith, S, Weber State (4)
    3. Earl Everett, OLB, Florida (5)
    T-4. James Jones, WR, San Jose State (9)
    T-4. Turk McBride, DT, Tennessee (9)
    T-4. Julius Wilson, OT, UAB (9)
    T-7. Brandon Mebane, DT, Cal (10)
    T-7. Matt Trannon, WR, Michigan State (10)
    T-9. Baraka Atkins, DE, Miami (11)
    T-9. Alonzo Coleman, RB, Hampton (11)
    Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 04-08-2007 at 01:20 PM.

they get an hour right?

wow... 4 is very bad. i've seen sample wonderlic questions and most of them are common sense type stuff, or like 5th grade math..

that's sad, good thing some of these guys are good at football.

kinda disappointed to see david irons at the bottom. he's pretty good, and very funny. maybe he'll drop to 6 because a piece of corn on the cob could beat him in a spelling bee, and we can pick him up for depth lol.
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...24/smaller.jpg

"Don't let anyone say you can't do anything. Look what Dee achieved in 24 years."
    We all Miss you D-Will and Damien. RIP Broncos forever.

My Adopt-a-Crustacean is Lobster!!!

Hmmm, those DT's seem to maybe be a standard deviation or two below normal...

It's a real knock on the Unis they go to though. People should not be allowed to progress through college if they can't do the academics...

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Quote Originally Posted by evendelae
    Hmmm, those DT's seem to maybe be a standard deviation or two below normal...
    I remember watching some show and they said DL tend to be the big beast guys who are animals and OL are the big smart guys who like to read on their free time.

Kind of funny actually

I'd be skeptical of those results. I know that Reggie Nelson's 6 has been omitted.

The Wonderlic is signed under a confidentiality agreement, similar to an HIV test. It's not that simple to get the results, and if someone gets them and publishes them without the approval of the NFLPA, they are likely to be enjoined and fined.

i still say the test has nothing to do with playing football

I still miss the blue background.

Im surprised Mebane got that low, I mean come on, the guy is at Berkley...

I highly doubt they care about this test, they probably just fill in answers and say whatever... Kind of like what I did with my SATs

Quote Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    I'd be skeptical of those results. I know that Reggie Nelson's 6 has been omitted.

The Wonderlic is signed under a confidentiality agreement, similar to an HIV test. It's not that simple to get the results, and if someone gets them and publishes them without the approval of the NFLPA, they are likely to be enjoined and fined.
    yet each and every year the results are found out and talked about on national radio shows... Hmmmm.. sounds like its not that confidential. So I don't find it difficult to believe any of the scores. I'm sure each and every one of them don't have the "fabulous" excuse that Vince Young had.

Even if a player's score is 'omitted' (as was Young's brilliance), it still shows a pretty low intelligence to even have a score like that HAS to be 'omitted.'

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    I highly doubt they care about this test, they probably just fill in answers and say whatever... Kind of like what I did with my SATs
    The SATs are a bit important!

Did somebody say...retarded?

Here I am...:wave: Hello.

Honestly, the wonderlic test is a bit of a mystery to me. If the guy can play, what is the importance of it.

I think I read somewhere that Ryan Leaf scored a 39 on it.

Not sure if that's true, but if it is, this test means very little to how a player performs on the field.

My only knowledge was the Wonderlic test in Madden 2005 and the questions were like "What shape is a stop sign?"
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Chidoze
    Did somebody say...retarded?

Here I am...:wave: Hello.

Honestly, the wonderlic test is a bit of a mystery to me. If the guy can play, what is the importance of it.

I think I read somewhere that Ryan Leaf scored a 39 on it.

Not sure if that's true, but if it is, this test means very little to how a player performs on the field.
    But Ryan's problems didn't have to do with his lack of comprehending the playbook. You don't want your QB having a wonderlic scores of single digits if THEY are the person that is responsible for knowing the routes, responsibilities, and of everyone else on the offense. Not to mention the one making the reads of the opposing team. Athletic ability is only a part of the game, you have to be able to think, read, memorize, and have a resemblence of intelligence.

You don't want the guy on the offensive line that makes the reads and the calls (the center) to be the guy that can't remember what a 'right triangle' is. You don't want the RB that is supposed to read the blitz, and is responsible for picking up the guy that may KILL your QB, if he doesn't know what 2dimes and a nickle equal to.

How are you supposed to have your QB and your WR on the 'same page' if the WR isn't intelligent enough to know how many sides are on a rectangle?

If it comes down to choosing between two guys, both having reasonably the same amount of skill athletically, who are you going to choose? The guy that scores a 39, or the one that scores an 11?