Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SM19
    No one from Northwestern in this year's draft. If there was, the rest of these guys wouldn't be able to hang.
    Isn't Marquice Cole in this years draft?
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by muse
    It's a real knock on the Unis they go to though. People should not be allowed to progress through college if they can't do the academics...
    what i don't understand is how can a person who graduated from berkely score a 10 on the wonderlic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    But Ryan's problems didn't have to do with his lack of comprehending the playbook. You don't want your QB having a wonderlic scores of single digits if THEY are the person that is responsible for knowing the routes, responsibilities, and of everyone else on the offense. Not to mention the one making the reads of the opposing team. Athletic ability is only a part of the game, you have to be able to think, read, memorize, and have a resemblence of intelligence.

You don't want the guy on the offensive line that makes the reads and the calls (the center) to be the guy that can't remember what a 'right triangle' is. You don't want the RB that is supposed to read the blitz, and is responsible for picking up the guy that may KILL your QB, if he doesn't know what 2dimes and a nickle equal to.

How are you supposed to have your QB and your WR on the 'same page' if the WR isn't intelligent enough to know how many sides are on a rectangle?

If it comes down to choosing between two guys, both having reasonably the same amount of skill athletically, who are you going to choose? The guy that scores a 39, or the one that scores an 11?
    1. What does knowing what a "right triangle" have to do about making reads for a center?
    2. In what play will a RB need to know what "2dimes and a nickle" is?
    3. What formation requires a WR to know how many sides are on a rectangle?

Generally speaking, jocks already aren't considered to be the smartest people on the planet. But Young didn't seem to be too dumb last year in his Play!

It's like the exit exam in college. If you don't do well, it's not like they're going to hold for ransom your diploma.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro
    As someone who has worked with people who are mentally and phsyically disabled, i find the use of the word retarded to be very offensive(and I'm sure I won't be the only one on the boards who feels this way).

You couldn't have said stupid, or 'not the sharpest knife in the drawer'?
    As someone who excels in the culinary arts, I find the use of "not the sharpest knife" to be very offensive.....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

The only time I remember this test being controversial....

....is when someone as popular as Vince Young and Reggie Nelson test about as well as Corky Thatcher would....

Then all of a sudden the test is useless!
    Last edited by stnzed; 04-07-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maruske845
    i still say the test has nothing to do with playing football
    But it has a lot to do with their ability to learn

Quote Originally Posted by 22cannon
    But it has a lot to do with their ability to learn

Which....Has....A....Lot....To....Do....With.... Playing....Football!!!!

Talking slowly may help those who think this has nothing to do with playing football.

Mike Croel had all the talent in the world....He just couldn't play football above the neck!

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed

Talking slowly may help those who think this has nothing to do with playing football.

Mike Croel had all the talent in the world....He just couldn't play football above the neck!
    Which also explains why Mike Croel went to Nebraska

Didn't Vince Young get something pretty lame on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117
    Didn't Vince Young get something pretty lame on there?
    Yes. He bombed the test. But, remember that NFL teams don't just depend on the Wonderlic. They have interviews. And in the interviews they can talk to the player and find out whether he's really as dumb as a tree-stump or whether he just tests badly.

They can talk to him about his life and interests and see whether he can hold up his end of a conversation or whether he gets easily confused by shiny objects.

That's a good idea before you start throwing tens of millions of dollars at a player!
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed

Good point. Eric Brown was the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by 22cannon
    Which also explains why Mike Croel went to Nebraska

True Dat!

im in high school and i bet i could get at least a 15

and how do u get points for r u more like a cat or a dog????

jw

but irons is a moron not kenny irons the dumb irons lol

i dont want him but Vince Young didnt do well but did in the end
    http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8765/broncosxh4.gif
    RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak
    1. What does knowing what a "right triangle" have to do about making reads for a center?
    2. In what play will a RB need to know what "2dimes and a nickle" is?
    3. What formation requires a WR to know how many sides are on a rectangle?

Generally speaking, jocks already aren't considered to be the smartest people on the planet. But Young didn't seem to be too dumb last year in his Play!

It's like the exit exam in college. If you don't do well, it's not like they're going to hold for ransom your diploma.
    Because if they don't know how to do simple math then why would you wanna trust them with the complex names of plays and such? If a player can't add 10 + 10 + 5 then why would you think he could understand an entire NFL playbook and remember it to be effective?

You have to admit that its basic stuff and anyone should know it. Its not hard.
    Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever
    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/3...eyesig3ba6.jpg

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley