My Day 1 Denver projected moves.

I'm new to posting so please be nice, lol.

I think that Shanahan really believes Cutler is special. I think this can also be seen by the offseason moves. The team is now solid at most positions and has depth at most positions. This team also has a good mix of veteran and young starters, but is quite young in the backup positions.

This confidence in Cutler and overall youth and depth sets the stage for a departure from previous denver draft day philosopy, aka best player available.

I think Shany believes he needs a few specific positions in this draft, and they must be impact players at these positions, causing the need to move to areas where predetermined picks can be had with decent value.

(In other words I believe Denver has 4-7 players targeted, maybe less, and will look to move to positions where these players are fair value.)

This proposed line of thinking leads me to this first day:

Denver Trades: #21, #70, and 2008 1st rnd

Washington Trades: #6 and 2008 2nd

With #6 Denver picks Gaines Adams

With #56 Denver picks Marcus Thomas

Denver trades : Al Wilson and #86

Detroit trades : #66 and #101

With #66 Denver picks : Tank Tyler

On the first day Denver gets the only can't miss pure 4-3 DE. Taking 2 large DT, both with slight motor issues, back to back only 10 picks apart in the second should light a fire under all our DT's. One of these DT's absolutly must contribute in a big way and taking two will help insure this happens.

Denver also will have Washingtons 2nd next year and if needed could get back into 2008 rnd one via trade with 2 2nd"s. We also move to the top of rnd 4, a good spot to pick up a day safety or linebacker that drops.

What do you think?? And Please be nice.

Bronco Bill

d
    Last edited by Broncobill; 04-08-2007 at 12:11 AM.

If the Raiders don't draft Calvin Johnson, I think it's very possible Denver makes a trade with Detroit involving Al Wilson and Denver's first for Detroit's #2, and other picks from Denver.

Other than that, I don't see any movement from Denver with their picks.

A trade for Detroits # 2 would also be cool, but I really think Shany wants Adams.

In all honesty i'm hoping for a safety in the first

I think our dline is just too pressing now, and Brandon will be back, but I would like a real cover safety too. I thought about Merriweather at 66 but decided DT was too desperate.

I think your exactly right about Shanahan's draft philosophy. But i don't thing he takes two DT's. Its evident that he wants to address the d-line (Kerney, Wilkenson, McKinley...) BUT will likely have to do it in the draft. With McKinley, Warren, and a possible return of M. Meyers, i think Shanahan focuses at DE. It may not be a bigger need, but it does have question marks.

Dumerville, is a solid pass rusher, but small against the run.
    Eukaban (sp?) is good and versatile, but old and slowing down.
    Lang... well he is a good backup. The fact we have him starting shows how poor this line is.

I really see him taking to large DE's with speed and mobility to get around the edge. I also see him taking a DT as well. But where and when depends on who is available at what picks. IMO, i think Shanahan will look for 2 DE's and 1 DT on the first day.

Trading up for that premier talent makes sense though, unless a target falls to your pick. I think Shanahan would rather give more for the chance of receiving more, than playing conservative and hoping a good player falls to our pick.

Nice work, CP to yah!

Thumbs up

I like the idea of moving up for Gaines Adams. I doubt Shanahan would take Marcus Thomas in the 2nd. I believe he's projected as a 3rd rounder. Quentin Moses or Victor Abiamiri would be a better pick with the #56, if one of them is still available then. If Shanahan wants to take Tyler and Thomas then Tyler would be the 2nd round choice and Thomas would be the 3rd round choice, that's going by the grades Scouts Inc. gave both of them. Of course teams have their own grades, so, it's really anyone's guess on who gets taken in what round. I still prefer taking two DEs though.
    Last edited by broncolee; 04-08-2007 at 06:12 AM.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117
    In all honesty i'm hoping for a safety in the first
    i agree if we trade into the top ten it should be for laron landry
    [img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q118/showoff2007/djwilliamsani.gif[/img]

[IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e300/Broncofan4life/newsig2.gif[/IMG]

[img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9076/tricksigvk9.jpg[/img]

props to snk16 on the sig thx brother

thanks for the input, I could really see one of the 2 later picks as safety, linebacker, or OT. I just see all the DT this year as having a fairly high bust factor and we must get one to play, thus I chose to shot gun that pick.

I was thinking that we will get someone falling at tackle, safety, or backer with number 101 in the fourth in this scenario.

DT rankings are partly why I took 2 DT. They have guys all over the place, Branch from 3-31, okoye 8- 25, harrell 1st rnd to mid 2nd rnd, etc... This tells me that all the DT have big upside but none are slam dunks, they all have issues and how much weight you give those issues determines where you rank them. There are 5 or 6 guys that could be there from #57 to #66 and all I think are very similar, ie if they didn't have weight, motor, or weed issues they would be one to two rnds higher. I took 2 to make sure we get one as i see a 50-50 chance with all these guys.

That was my thinking.