Thumbs up Phins shopping for a QB!

Linky

Dolphins to visit top 2 QBs in NFL draft

By Alex Marvez

Posted April 8 2007, 10:26 PM EDT

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron and General Manager Randy Mueller are hitting the road to personally scout the top two quarterbacks in this year's NFL Draft.

A source said Cameron and Mueller will visit today with Louisiana State's JaMarcus Russell before heading to meet Tuesday with Notre Dame's Brady Quinn.

"I think they are great talents," Mueller said of Russell and Quinn while evaluating both at the NFL Scouting Combine in February. "I'm anxious to see a lot of [top prospects] go through the spring, how they handle it, how they work out."

The 6-foot-6, 265-pound Russell blossomed as a redshirt junior last season, completing 67.8 percent of his passes with 28 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Russell finished his college career with a 25-4 record as a starter.

Oakland coach Lane Kiffin compared the strong-armed Russell to a character in a video game last month while at the NFL owners' meetings in Phoenix.

"There isn't a throw he can't make, probably," said Kiffin, whose team is strongly considering making Russell the draft's top overall selection. "And the throws he can make, I don't know if anybody else can."

Russell is projected as the first quarterback who will be chosen April 28 and he almost assuredly won't be available if the Dolphins stand pat with the draft's No. 9 pick. But at the combine, Mueller said the Dolphins would probably talk to the "top two or three [prospects] by consensus" in case the franchise opts to trade up or a player isn't chosen as early as expected.

Mueller said the latter was the case in 2001 when he was New Orleans' general manager and running back Deuce McAllister slid to the Saints with the No. 21 overall selection.

"You've got to what-if yourself," said Mueller, who is entering his first draft with control over the Dolphins' personnel decisions. "As crazy as it sounds, you've got to be ready for some of those scenarios."

The odds of Quinn lasting until No. 9 in the draft appear much greater, especially if Cleveland opts to select another player at No. 3. Quinn, who met with the Browns last week, is one of the most storied passers in NCAA history and flourished in the pro-style attack coach Charlie Weis installed at Notre Dame.

"The first thing you notice is he looks like a quarterback," Browns General Manager Phil Savage said at the combine. "He's got a chiseled body and he spins the ball well. ..... He's played under a pro coach in Charlie Weis and under the scrutiny of national television every single game."

Mueller recently said the Dolphins would like to select a quarterback in this year's draft. Michigan State's Drew Stanton, who could become the third quarterback selected according to some draft analysts, and East Carolina's James Pinkney (Olympic Heights) were among the college prospects who participated last week in a workout at team headquarters.

Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please, select Quinn, give me a reason to go to the Wembley game!
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

closet phin fan.......??

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFanatic
    closet phin fan.......??
    They are orange and blue, just sort of pastel-ey...

closet phin fan.......??
    Nah, I'm a fan of Harrington's so had registered my interest in the NFL game in LOndon, and once they cut him I was wondering if I should go. If they get Quinn(who I've followed through his college career), then it'll all be back on. I'm not forking out 100 to not have at least one hot guy to ogle on the sidelines(without the teams including the Broncos).

I adopted Skywalker

oh c'mon-- 53 guys on each sideline and you can't pick ONE unless it's brady quinn??

picky much, boss? or do you just have a thing for quarterbacks? must involve fantasies of being the center. . . .

besides, i thought you were gonna accompany booker T. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish
    oh c'mon-- 53 guys on each sideline and you can't pick ONE unless it's brady quinn??

picky much, boss? or do you just have a thing for quarterbacks? must involve fantasies of being the center. . . .

besides, i thought you were gonna accompany booker T. . . .
    I probably will be Phin-sitting, but if there's a chance the Phins pick up Quinn, so much the better for me!

And yeah, haven't you seen the 'Lining up under centre/roughing the passer' convos the ladies have?

I adopted Skywalker

I doubt the phins go QB in the first round, it's all smoke screen from them. Their most likely going to look to get either Trent Green or David Carr. If they don't get either one, then they would probably take a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by kratos_godofwar
    I doubt the phins go QB in the first round, it's all smoke screen from them. Their most likely going to look to get either Trent Green or David Carr. If they don't get either one, then they would probably take a QB.
    Given that Carr has signed with Carolina, and Cleveland are looking at Green, it's not that crazy to imagine.

I adopted Skywalker

I think this whole thing is just smoke and mirrors.

Just look at this:

The Browns are "after" Trent Green, JaMarcus Russell, and Brady Quinn.

Last year the Browns were "after" Haloti Ngata.

Last year, the Browns let Ngata go for Wimbley.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    I think this whole thing is just smoke and mirrors.

Just look at this:

The Browns are "after" Trent Green, JaMarcus Russell, and Brady Quinn.

Last year the Browns were "after" Haloti Ngata.

Last year, the Browns let Ngata go for Wimbley.
    Last year the Broncos were "after" Maroney, Chad Jackson, and Vernon Davis

2 years ago the Broncos were "after" Vincent Jackson

3 years ago the Broncos were "after" Steven Jackson

It never works out as planned, NEVER.

Don't get your hopes up, Kap

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Last year the Broncos were "after" Maroney, Chad Jackson, and Vernon Davis

2 years ago the Broncos were "after" Vincent Jackson

3 years ago the Broncos were "after" Steven Jackson

It never works out as planned, NEVER.

Don't get your hopes up, Kap
    Hey now, anything is better than thinking he'll go to Detroit or Oakland!

I adopted Skywalker

WOW, HOW COME NO ONE IS TALKIN ABOUT THE BRONCOS? I MEAN CMON! THEY'RE ALL OVER THE ARTICLE!!

(Looks at the article)

Wait, nevermind.

But as far as the Dolphins are concerned, I say let them give Dante a chance. Last year he wasn't fully recovered.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/khristinejoy/U1699-11780657751.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/khristinejoy/laronlandrygs51.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][I]The Future[/I]...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][B]starts right now[/B][/SIZE].[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=Teal]Sig Credit To:[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkRed]BroncosFreak_56[/COLOR][/CENTER]

closet phin fan.......??
    I'd be a closet phin fan too if they did something like that. Free's up another
    D-lineman. I guess I have D-lineman on the brain!!