Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol, Wis.
    Posts
    272

    Draft Day thought

    As much as I have been praying that Denver takes Nelson or Griffin in the first if they are available, then DE with the next pick since there will be so many good ones this year, I would not be surprised to see Shanny take.............. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... a LB with the first pick.

    I have religiously watched the draft to see what the Broncos pick up every year for 15 + yrs, and Shanny ALWAYS does something out of the norm.
    I am predicting this year, he will pick up a GOOD LB in the first round, a solid DE in the second round, and address DT, S, RB and OL later.

    I'm still hoping for Griffin, then DL help, but I'l wait and see !!!!
    [SIGPIC][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/alkee_619/DOMINATOR.jpg[/IMG][/SIGPIC]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bristol, Wis.
    Posts
    272
    Any ideas ??
    [SIGPIC][IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/alkee_619/DOMINATOR.jpg[/IMG][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,952
    Like you, I would not be surprised to see a linebacker taken.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    326
    It is a strong possibility that Shanahan will pick LB in the first round, especially with someone like Pouleszny there... (i would love to get our hands on Patrick Willis...), but with a new defensive scheme in Bates, it is too difficult to predict what the broncos plan on doing with the first pick. DE/S/LB are all obvious needs, and there are surely guys at all those positions that the front office are likely interested in at 21 - Carriker, Moss, Spencer, Nelson, Griffin, Posluszny, Beason, Timmons are all likely candidates at 21.

    One thing's for sure, in my opinion...

    Who we pick at 21 will definately depend on who the 49ers end up picking at 11, and whoever the broncos pass on will likely be picked by the patriots...Another thing to consider... who do the broncos currently have faith in at the DE/S/LB position... Dumervil? McKinley? Webster? Ferguson? Foxworth?... that will decide which position is picked in the first and second round.
    Last edited by DTownNative; 04-20-2007 at 07:15 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Realism.
    Posts
    2,362
    I wouldnt mind Posluszny

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Momentum
    I wouldnt mind Posluszny
    I agree... wish patrick willis would fall at 21, but that wont happen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by DTownNative
    One thing's for sure, in my opinion...

    Who we pick at 21 will definately depend on who the 49ers end up picking at 11, and whoever the broncos pass on will likely be picked by the patriots...Another thing to consider... who do the broncos currently have faith in at the DE/S/LB position... Dumervil? McKinley? Webster? Ferguson? Foxworth?... that will decide which position is picked in the first and second round.

    I think it's more than that: I think who Denver takes at #21 depends on who the previous 20 teams take.

    Smartass aside, there's a lot to like in this draft. There are several directions the team could go, and the odds are good that a top-tier player in one of those areas will be there at #21. Good value in some positions of need in the 2nd and 3rd...then Shanny does his thing for the rest.

    To me, this is a perfect situation to step back, pour a cold one (or 10...the first round is long!) and enjoy the ride!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    far away from you
    Posts
    1,665
    Not Posluzny...Timmons. That's the LB Denver should be targeting at #21.

    For all the people reading this and then astutely seeing my avatar and thinking "homer," just save it. Timmons had a better year statistically than Posluzny and scouts agree that he is more athletic and has more "upside." Only problem is he is likely to be gone by #21. The Steelers and Giants are two teams very interested in him.
    Last edited by tommy1986; 04-20-2007 at 07:18 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by CSU_stat
    I think it's more than that: I think who Denver takes at #21 depends on who the previous 20 teams take.

    Smartass aside, there's a lot to like in this draft. There are several directions the team could go, and the odds are good that a top-tier player in one of those areas will be there at #21. Good value in some positions of need in the 2nd and 3rd...then Shanny does his thing for the rest.

    To me, this is a perfect situation to step back, pour a cold one (or 10...the first round is long!) and enjoy the ride!
    Yes...all in all...the broncos pick at 21 does depend on the first 20...lol smartass. Anyways, I do agree with you on one thing - I will be pouring many cold ones and enjoying the ride on draft day!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    929
    Justin Harrell, would be a slight reach at 21, but minus the injury last season he probably would have been a top 15 pick mentioned with Okoye and Branch. He and Warren could anchor our D-Line for a years to come.

    If we did go linebacker, I would probably push for Timmons in the first
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    941
    tommy1986, that signature is quite offensive. You seem like a very knowledgable poster here, and it is hard to simply ignore it as I read and post on these boards.
    I don't mean for any conflict, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could change it.
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1342/johnfoxavy120.png

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    far away from you
    Posts
    1,665
    Quote Originally Posted by atl-bronco
    tommy1986, that signature is quite offensive. You seem like a very knowledgable poster here, and it is hard to simply ignore it as I read and post on these boards.
    I don't mean for any conflict, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could change it.

    S T F U


    That is all.
    Last edited by tommy1986; 04-21-2007 at 05:06 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy1986
    I got rid of it. I certainly don't want to offend anybody.

    Thanks!
    http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1342/johnfoxavy120.png

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •