Page 731 of 742 FirstFirst ... 231 631 681 721 729 730 731 732 733 741 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 11118
    Sutton, yeAr 2

Sutton had a breakout season in 2019, catching 72 passes for 1,112 yards and six touchdowns. As a second-year player, Sutton is the fastest receiver in franchise history to reach the Pro Bowl, topping stars including Demaryius Thomas (third season) and Brandon Marshall (third season).
    Last edited by EddieMac; 01-16-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Emmanuel Sanders? First year pro bowl....but did not start his career here.
    Good guess but as you already pointed out, he did not start his career here.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Rick Upchurch?

MY MAN LUM GREAT JOB!!!!

In his nine NFL seasons, Upchurch excelled as a receiver and a kick returner on special teams. In his rookie season, he rushed for 97 yards, caught 18 passes for 436 yards, returned 27 punts for 312 yards, and added another 1,014 yards returning kickoffs. In his second season, he set an NFL record by returning four punts for touchdowns and made the Pro Bowl. In the 1977 season, he led the NFL with 653 punt return yards and assisted his team to their first ever Super Bowl appearance. The Broncos lost Super Bowl XII to the Dallas Cowboys 27-10, but he had a good performance in the game. Upchurch amassed 125 total offensive yards (94 kickoff return, 22 punt return, 9 receiving), including a Super Bowl record 67-yard kickoff return in the 3rd quarter that set up Denver's only touchdown of the game.

Upchurch stayed with the Broncos until the 1983 season. He led the NFL in punt return average twice (1978 and 1982), and was selected to the Pro Bowl three more times (1978, 1979, 1982). He finished his nine-season career with 49 carries for 349 rushing yards, 267 receptions for 4,369 yards, 248 punt returns for 3,008 yards, and 95 kickoff returns for 2,355 yards. Overall, Upchurch gained 10,081 total yards and scored 35 touchdowns: eight returning punts, 24 receiving, and three rushing. He was also selected All-Pro five times. At the time of his retirement, he was the NFL's career leader in punt return yards, and his eight punt returns for touchdowns tied the NFL record shared by Jack Christiansen. He is one of five players to record a career average of over 12 yards per punt return.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 01-16-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Hey FL....were you looking for 2nd year to make it guys, or what did Upchurch do otherwise? Odoms (a TE, but still a receiver) made it in his 2nd year, though I may have misinterpreted the other part of the question.

Thx!

Hey FL....were you looking for 2nd year to make it guys, or what did Upchurch do otherwise? Odoms (a TE, but still a receiver) made it in his 2nd year, though I may have misinterpreted the other part of the question.

Thx!
    As I previously replied to Sam

Well he did make a lot of pro bowls and he did start with the Broncos...

But SS was not a WR for the Broncos..
    So yes when I said payed reciever I was looking for a Bronco who played the posiiton of reciever.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    As I previously replied to Sam

So yes when I said payed reciever I was looking for a Bronco who played the posiiton of reciever.
    Sorry I flew right past that.....misinterpreted receiver for WR/TE.

One of the Three Amigos, he and John Elway did something quicker than anyone else before, in this "big" game in 1988. Who was he and what did they do?

One of the Three Amigos, he and John Elway did something quicker than anyone else before, in this "big" game in 1988. Who was he and what did they do?
    Mark Jackson and first wr and qb to 100 td passes together. Even though that is just a random guess

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Mark Jackson and first wr and qb to 100 td passes together. Even though that is just a random guess
    Sorry. Actually Jackson did not reach 100 TDs. Try again!

I remember this.

1988 Super bowl XXII vs the Redskins, John Elway to Ricky Nattiel, Quickest and probably The longest super bowl touchdown pass up to that point.

On the Broncos opening offensive drive John Elway came out with a boot leg and fires a 56 yard touchdown pass to Ricky Nattiel.

First drive, one play, touchdown!

I remember it clearly and from then on out, my father would always say “John Elway is going to come out and scare the hell out of this team with a dagger to the heart”.

Great Moment!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-16-2020 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I remember this.

1988 Super bowl XXII vs the Redskins, John Elway to Ricky Nattiel, Quickest and probably The longest super bowl touchdown pass up to that point.

On the Broncos opening offensive drive John Elway came out with a boot leg and fires a 56 yard touchdown pass to Ricky Nattiel.

First drive, one play, touchdown!

I remember it clearly and from then on out, my father would always say “John Elway is going to come out and scare the hell out of this team with a dagger to the heart”.

Great Moment!
    WINNER!!! (must spread before I send reward)

Super Bowl XXII started out very well for the Denver Broncos. After forcing Washington to go three-and-out, the Broncos scored on their first play from scrimmage, when quarterback John Elway threw a 56-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Ricky Nattiel, giving Denver a 7–0 lead after just 1:57 had elapsed in the game. It was the earliest touchdown any team had ever scored in Super Bowl history to that point (the record was later broken by Jerry Rice in Super Bowl XXIX, and again by Devin Hester in Super Bowl XLI)

Ricky Nattiel, nicknamed "Ricky the Rocket," played college football for the University of Florida, and thereafter, he played professionally for the Denver Broncos.

The Denver Broncos chose Nattiel in the first round (27th overall pick) of the 1987 NFL Draft, and he played for the Broncos in six NFL seasons from 1987 to 1992, including eight playoff games and two Super Bowls. His rookie season, he had 31 receptions for 630 yards, a franchise rookie record of 20.3 yards per catch. His second year, he upped his receptions to 46, and was the Broncos primary punt returner for 972 all purpose yards.

Nattiel and fellow Broncos wide receivers Vance Johnson and Mark Jackson all played together from 1987 to 1992 and were nicknamed "The Three Amigos." He finished his six-year NFL career with 121 receptions for 1,972 yards and eight touchdowns.

I was drafted in the first round, and played my entire career with the Broncos, spanning more than seven seasons. I played in one Super Bowl that we lost. I never scored any touchdowns, but did manage to grab a handful of fumble recoveries. After my football career ended, I worked at a Girl Scouts ranch near my home. Who am I?

I'll start with Tom Glassic...

I’m going to guess Rulon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’m going to guess Rulon Jones
    Good guess Sam, but not the name I'm looking for!