X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EddieMac
    Canuck Mod, eh!
    • Feb 2004

So so far we have two right but not that right answers....

It’s like a feelings questions...no one is quite wrong because it’s their feeling...
    sigpic

Comment

• Sam_Z
      Banned User
      • Dec 2004

Ryan Torrain?

Comment

• DenverBlood
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
        Ryan Torrain?
        Just out of curiosity and not sarcasm but what would he have led the team in? I don’t recall him ever getting much playing time.
        sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Clinton Portis

15 tds
          Not Clinton, but a good try. Portis had a successful career after his rookie season. But he was darn good as a rook!!:thumb:

Comment

• CanDB
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            So so far we have two right but not that right answers....

It’s like a feelings questions...no one is quite wrong because it’s their feeling...
            I sometimes make up a quiz based on my own minor research. When that happens, sometimes more than one answer fit quite well. So, instead of saying "incorrect", I admit that they are good answers. Technically some are not perfect, but to my way of thinking, if a player played on one other team and not two, it really makes little difference. So, the bottom line is, I have another "flawed' quiz.

Then again, this is in fun, and I reward those who make good guesses.

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Ryan Torrain?
              Sorry Sam. Torrain did not have a good rookie season. But he was someone I was pulling for.

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Clue time:

Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?

Updated.....he also played for Seattle.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Clue time:

Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?

Updated.....he also played for Seattle.
                  Could this category be in the negative?

For example Garrett Bolles led the team in holding penalties in 2018.

It can be considered key when you consider how it affect the team!

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Could this category be in the negative?

For example Garrett Bolles led the team in holding penalties in 2018.

It can be considered key when you consider how it affect the team!
                    I would not call this a negative category. But I think I will add one more clue....

He played in the 80s.

Comment

• Shiz
                      All-Pro
                      • Feb 2008

Rick Parros!! He started all 16 games his rookie year and followed up with 17 more starts the following 5 years and his yardage is comparable to. I don’t know him and would never have guessed this as I was born 1980 but with intense research the past 10 minutes, I got it.

Make the CPs rain down on me!
                      sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
                        Canuck Mod, eh!
                        • Feb 2004

Rick U. Parros (born June 14, 1958) is a former American football running back in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. He played college football at Utah State

Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Shiz
                          All-Pro
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                          Rick U. Parros (born June 14, 1958) is a former American football running back in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. He played college football at Utah State

Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.
                          A hair too late there, EM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
                            Canuck Mod, eh!
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                            A hair too late there, EM.

Dam.. and honestly I didn’t see your answer before I posted...I decided to chase down the answer and never even looked in While I was researching.... you google way faster. Haha

. good work...CP of course..
                            Last edited by EddieMac; 07-20-2019, 07:30 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                              Rick Parros!! He started all 16 games his rookie year and followed up with 17 more starts the following 5 years and his yardage is comparable to. I don’t know him and would never have guessed this as I was born 1980 but with intense research the past 10 minutes, I got it.

Make the CPs rain down on me!
                              WINNER!

Rick Parros was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.

Though he led The Broncos in his rookie season, he only managed another 632 yards rushing for the rest of his career, Therefore he had over 54% of his rushing career in year one.

Comment

• CanDB
                                Football Immortal
                                • Mar 2008

Here's one offered to me by a fellow member:

Which former Denver Broncos draft pick once referred to a Jim McMahon injury as just whiplash?

Comment

Working...
                                X