Page 719 of 730 FirstFirst ... 219 619 669 709 717 718 719 720 721 729 ... LastLast
Results 10,771 to 10,785 of 10946
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    One of the most jaw-dropping stats about our 2015 defense is that it lead the league in yards per attempt for both passing and rushing! In the modern era, only three other defenses have managed to pull off that feat: 2008 Steelers, 1991 Eagles, and the 1987 Bears.

Insanely freaky good. Love watching 2015 highlights!
    Yessss...that D was amazing! And coupled with the outstanding Os we had in '13 (and for a good part of the Manning era), it was a fantastic time to be a Broncos fan! Two SB appearances and a win, in such a short time period. One era, not just because of Manning, that I will never forget! Lets just say it had a lot to do with Elway and those who believed in the plan!
    Last edited by CanDB; 12-28-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Yessss...that D was amazing! And coupled with the outstanding Os we had in '13 (and for a good part of the Manning era), it was a fantastic time to be a Broncos fan! Two SB appearances and a win, in such a short time of period. One era, not just because of Manning, that I will never forget! Lets just say it had a lot to do with Elway and those who believed in the plan!
    Yeah, those were good years! To go from record breaking offense to historical defense and Super Bowl championship in a span of two years...that's a masterstroke of GM'ing if ever there was one. Hopefully, Elway can turn things around next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Yeah, those were good years! To go from record breaking offense to historical defense and Super Bowl championship in a span of two years...that's a masterstroke of GM'ing if ever there was one. Hopefully, Elway can turn things around next year.
    Not to be too dramatic, but based on these last 2 seasons, hopefully we hit bottom....and nothing but UP and UP ahead. I am not quite there in thinking, until I see a couple of changes. But the future will be bright if Elway puts on his old thinking cap.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    WINNER!!! (hey pal, I think you're on to me!!)

The Broncos have led the league 3 times in Total Offense - 1996, 1997 and 2013. Lets compare the numbers (yards per game):

2013 - 457.3 (a whopping 40.1 more than 2nd place Philly)
    1997 - 367.0
    1996 - 361.9

Quite a difference in 2013! Throughout that regular season, numerous individual, league and franchise records were set, including Peyton Manning setting new NFL records for passing touchdowns and passing yardage, as well as the team setting new NFL records for touchdowns and points scored in a single season.

Thank you! Now on to the next Broncos Trivia Question!!!!

Heres one;
    What city/state invited the Broncos to be their "home" team in a special exhibition game against the Oakland Raiders?
    Hint - its not Colorado
    AMPIPE

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBronco View Post
    Thank you! Now on to the next Broncos Trivia Question!!!!

Heres one;
    What city/state invited the Broncos to be their "home" team in a special exhibition game against the Oakland Raiders?
    Hint - its not Colorado
    Based on what is going on these days, was it Oakland, California?

Las Vegas Nevada?

North Platte, Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Rancher Mike View Post
    North Platte, Nebraska
    winner!!

In 1967 The Broncos and raiders played a pre season game in North Platte, NB with the Broncos as the "home" team. The Broncos won 21-17. It cost $10.50 per ticket to see the game and each team was paid $25,000 to play.
    AMPIPE

What was the venue of the Denver Broncos' exhibition game against the Detroit Lions in 1967, and what was special about the result?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    What was the venue of the Denver Broncos' exhibition game against the Detroit Lions in 1967, and what was special about the result?
    Game was played at Denver University Stadium and was the first time an AFL team beat a NFL team.
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Game was played at Denver University Stadium and was the first time an AFL team beat a NFL team.
    That is correct, DU's Hilltop Stadium which no longer exists. Just as the Denver Broncos won the first AFL game played, they were the first to defeat an NFL team.

PS. I was at that game.
    Last edited by samparnell; 01-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Wasn't that the game where Alex Karras say he'd walk back to Detroit if the Broncos won? And he didn't walk back to Detroit...

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Wasn't that the game where Alex Karras say he'd walk back to Detroit if the Broncos won? And he didn't walk back to Detroit...

I do believe that is correct.

That is correct, DU's Hilltop Stadium which no longer exists. Just as the Denver Broncos won the first AFL game played, they were the first to defeat an NFL team.

PS. I was at that game.
    That is so cool you being at that game. Your part of football history samparnell
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpgFOR HOF!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Today’s trivia..........

Random fact of the day​​

High draft picks aren't always what they're cracked up to be. In 1994, the Broncos selected Tom Nalen in the 7th round. In fact, Nalen was 4-spots away from Mr. Irrelevant. He went on to have a brilliant 14-year career and recently became the newest member of the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame.

Rod Smith wasn't drafted in 1994. He was originally signed by the New England Patriots but was released. The Broncos signed him and he came to camp and earned his spot as a Denver Bronco. He went on to play his entire 13 year career in Denver. (many more examples, including some very, very good "undrafted" players....most recently a young stud at RB!!)

Random quote of the day

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

This month in Broncos history ​​

JANUARY 29, 1979 - One year after sending a then-team-record five players to the Pro Bowl, the Broncos have seven: Lyle Alzado, Randy Gradishar, Tom Jackson, Riley Odoms, Bill Thompson, Rick Upchurch and Louis Wright.

JANUARY 11, 1987 - The Drive - The Broncos post a thrilling, 23-20 overtime win over the Cleveland Browns.

It began auspiciously, with a poorly fielded squib kickoff knocking the Broncos back to their 2-yard line. In the Broncos’ huddle, tension grew along with the noise from 79,915 fans yelling, barking and brandishing Milk-Bones in honor of their beloved “Dawg Pound” defense. At that point, left guard Keith Bishop spoke up.

“We have them right where we want them,” he said.

JANUARY 4, 1992 - The Drive II - On January 4, 1992, John Elway and the Broncos faced first-and-10 at their own 2-yard-line. Sounds familiar, right? But even though the Broncos trailed the Houston Oilers by a solitary point, they had over three minutes less time than they did five years earlier at Cleveland’s Municipal Stadium.

The Broncos did not have to march 98 yards in 5:32. But they did need to go at least 60 yards in two minutes to give David Treadwell a plausible shot at the game-winning field goal. And unlike January 1987, the Broncos were out of timeouts.

“There are times when you know the situation is hopeless,” said wide receiver Michael Young. “But one look at John, and we knew we had a chance.”

JANUARY 31, 1995 - Mike Shanahan is hired as the 11th head coach in Broncos history.

JANUARY 25, 1998 - The Broncos claim their first World Championship with a 31-24 victory over defending champion Green Bay in Super Bowl XXXII at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego.

JANUARY 31, 1999 - Denver defeats Atlanta 34-19 in Super Bowl XXXIII at Pro Player Stadium in Miami, Fla., to claim its second consecutive World Championship.

JANUARY 14, 2006 - The Broncos defeat the Patriots 27-13 in an AFC Divisional Playoff Game to mark the club’s first postseason victory at INVESCO Field at Mile High and propel the team to the AFC Championship Game.

JANUARY 5, 2011 - Hall of Famer John Elway is named Executive Vice President of Football Operations and Joe Ellis is appointed as President of the Broncos.

JANUARY 8, 2012 - Tim Tebow and Demaryius Thomas turn the first play in overtime into an 80-yard touchdown, defeating the Steelers.

JANUARY 19, 2014 - With a 26-16 win against the Patriots, Denver writes its ticket to the Super Bowl.

JANUARY 24, 2016 - Denver holds off New England for a 20-18 win in the AFC Championship game to propel the club to its eighth Super Bowl appearance. The Broncos’ two-point win against the Patriots was their 11th of the season decided by seven points or less to represent the most in NFL history.

Today’s trivia

Since being a member of The Western/West Divisions, which team(s) in The Broncos' division, made the division larger?
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-16-2019 at 02:13 PM.