• Show
Clear All
  • Lumiere
    All-Time Great
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Only once. in 2015

WINNER!

The Broncos have only lead the NFL in Total Defense once in their history, in 2015. During that memorable season, The D only allowed 283.1 yards per game. Included on that total was a league leading 199.6 yards per game against the pass, and #3 against the run, with only 83.6 yards per game.

Of course that was also the season that The Broncos won their 3rd Super Bowl, which was highly related to their incredible Defense, lead by Von Miller!

One of the most jaw-dropping stats about our 2015 defense is that it lead the league in yards per attempt for both passing and rushing! In the modern era, only three other defenses have managed to pull off that feat: 2008 Steelers, 1991 Eagles, and the 1987 Bears.

Insanely freaky good. Love watching 2015 highlights!
    Last edited by Lumiere; 12-27-2018, 02:21 PM.
    To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• CanDB
      Football Immortal
      • Mar 2008

One more (to complete the storyline)!

How many times (and when) did The Broncos lead the league in Total Offense?

Comment

• DenverBlood
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2005

1 time in 2013?
        sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
          Football Immortal
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          1 time in 2013?
          Sorry DB....but you did get one part correct.

Comment

• ChitownBronco
            Starter
            • Oct 2004

3 times 1996,1997,2013
            sigpic
            AMPIPE

Comment

• CanDB
              Football Immortal
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ChitownBronco View Post
              3 times 1996,1997,2013
              WINNER!!! (hey pal, I think you're on to me!!)

The Broncos have led the league 3 times in Total Offense - 1996, 1997 and 2013. Lets compare the numbers (yards per game):

2013 - 457.3 (a whopping 40.1 more than 2nd place Philly)
              1997 - 367.0
              1996 - 361.9

Quite a difference in 2013! Throughout that regular season, numerous individual, league and franchise records were set, including Peyton Manning setting new NFL records for passing touchdowns and passing yardage, as well as the team setting new NFL records for touchdowns and points scored in a single season.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

The Broncos have led the league 3 times in Total Offense - 1996, 1997 and 2013. Lets compare the numbers (yards per game):

1997 - 367.0
                1996 - 361.9

Quite a difference in 2013! Throughout that regular season, numerous individual, league and franchise records were set, including Peyton Manning setting new NFL records for passing touchdowns and passing yardage, as well as the team setting new NFL records for touchdowns and points scored in a single season.

Could’ve sworn the year we upset the packers that the packers led the league in offense. Guess i was wrong but I thought I remembered reading about this since our 2013 year.
                sigpic

Comment

• CanDB
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Could’ve sworn the year we upset the packers that the packers led the league in offense. Guess i was wrong but I thought I remembered reading about this since our 2013 year.
                  The Packers finished 4th that year, behind us, Detroit and Seattle.

Comment

• CanDB
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                    One of the most jaw-dropping stats about our 2015 defense is that it lead the league in yards per attempt for both passing and rushing! In the modern era, only three other defenses have managed to pull off that feat: 2008 Steelers, 1991 Eagles, and the 1987 Bears.

Insanely freaky good. Love watching 2015 highlights!
                    Yessss...that D was amazing! And coupled with the outstanding Os we had in '13 (and for a good part of the Manning era), it was a fantastic time to be a Broncos fan! Two SB appearances and a win, in such a short time period. One era, not just because of Manning, that I will never forget! Lets just say it had a lot to do with Elway and those who believed in the plan!
                    Last edited by CanDB; 12-28-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Lumiere
                      All-Time Great
                      • Jan 2011

Yessss...that D was amazing! And coupled with the outstanding Os we had in '13 (and for a good part of the Manning era), it was a fantastic time to be a Broncos fan! Two SB appearances and a win, in such a short time of period. One era, not just because of Manning, that I will never forget! Lets just say it had a lot to do with Elway and those who believed in the plan!
                      Yeah, those were good years! To go from record breaking offense to historical defense and Super Bowl championship in a span of two years...that's a masterstroke of GM'ing if ever there was one. Hopefully, Elway can turn things around next year.
                      To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• CanDB
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                        Yeah, those were good years! To go from record breaking offense to historical defense and Super Bowl championship in a span of two years...that's a masterstroke of GM'ing if ever there was one. Hopefully, Elway can turn things around next year.
                        Not to be too dramatic, but based on these last 2 seasons, hopefully we hit bottom....and nothing but UP and UP ahead. I am not quite there in thinking, until I see a couple of changes. But the future will be bright if Elway puts on his old thinking cap.

Comment

• ChitownBronco
                          Starter
                          • Oct 2004

1997 - 367.0
                          1996 - 361.9

Thank you! Now on to the next Broncos Trivia Question!!!!

Heres one;
                          What city/state invited the Broncos to be their "home" team in a special exhibition game against the Oakland Raiders?
                          Hint - its not Colorado
                          sigpic
                          AMPIPE

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ChitownBronco View Post
                            Thank you! Now on to the next Broncos Trivia Question!!!!

Heres one;
                            What city/state invited the Broncos to be their "home" team in a special exhibition game against the Oakland Raiders?
                            Hint - its not Colorado
                            Based on what is going on these days, was it Oakland, California?

Comment

• KY. Bronco
                              Practice Squad
                              • May 2012

Las Vegas Nevada?

Comment

• Rancher Mike
                                Practice Squad
                                • Oct 2018

North Platte, Nebraska

Comment

Working...