Page 4 of 730 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by // / yardo
    I'm going to say Sammy Winder

1986 against NE he rushed for 102 yards

Ding Ding Ding.... We have a winner.

Sammy Winder, who gained 102 yards in a 22-17 victory over New England in a 1986 AFC Divisional Playoff Game.

WTG yardo.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

I had to dig for that one. Off the top of my head I thought maybe Floyd Little but then I started looking into it and realized they never made it to the "postseason" while he was playing.

what where the names of the players traded to the colts for john elway in 1983?
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

QB Mark Herrmann, OL Chris Hinton
    And a first round pick that ended up being Ron Solt?

I had to dig for that one. Off the top of my head I thought maybe Floyd Little but then I started looking into it and realized they never made it to the "postseason" while he was playing.
    Sammy was one of my favorites. He had a great personality about him. He was under rated but solid. He didn't get a lot of yardage but when it was 3rd and short, he was the man.

And I really loved his Mississippi Mud Walk.

I try to award a CP to the correct guesser, but "I must spread around before giving to yardo again"

So here is today's reward:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69
    Sammy was one of my favorites. He had a great personality about him. He was under rated but solid. He didn't get a lot of yardage but when it was 3rd and short, he was the man.

And I really loved his Mississippi Mud Walk.

I try to award a CP to the correct guesser, but "I must spread around before giving to yardo again"

So here is today's reward:
    No prob man... Thanks for the beer. Wish it were real...

Here is the fun fact for the weekend May 5th/6th.

Happy Cinco De Mayo! <---- (Those are Corona's)

We are going to look at Gary Zimmerman again this week:

Tackle Gary Zimmerman (1993-1997) is a member of the NFL's all-decade teams for both the 1980's (when he played for the Minnesota Vikings) and the 1990's.

WTG Z-Man!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I'll be sure to have a beer for all of you guys...
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

what bronco was last to score 2 return touchdowns in a quarter?
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Quote Originally Posted by antiwup
    what bronco was last to score 2 return touchdowns in a quarter?
    Darrien Gordon:

NOVEMBER 9 - Cornerback Darrien Gordon ties an NFL record by returning two punts for touchdowns in the same quarter, a feat previously accomplished just twice in NFL history. His scoring returns of 82 and 75 yards in the first quarter staked Denver to a 14-0 lead en route to a 34-0 defeat of Carolina. The two touchdown returns in a game also tie Rick Upchurch's franchise record, while his 168 punt return yards also set a new franchise standard, as Gordon wins AFC Special Teams Player of the Week honors.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=781

Good Morning.

It is Monday May 7th the 127th day of the year with 238 to go.

125 days until Buffalo.

It is also Nurse's Week. Here's to all our hardworking Nurse's and Nurse Aids

Against what team did Terrell Davis rush for a club-postseason-record 199 yards in a 1998 AFC Divisional Playoff Game?

Miami Dolphins

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...contentID=1178

1998 AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Miami Dolphins

Saturday, January 09, 1999, 02:15 PM (Central Standard)

The Denver Broncos won their fifth straight postseason contest and advanced to the AFC Championship Game for the second year in a row with a record-setting 38-3 win over Miami in an AFC Divisional Playoff Game played before 75,729 raucous fans at Mile High Stadium.

The 35-point differential represented Denver’s largest margin of victory in a postseason game, and was punctuated by a defensive effort that limited Miami to just 14 yards on 13 carries for an average of 1.1 yards per rush — all of which set new franchise records. The three points allowed were also the fewest allowed by Denver in a postseason game.

The Broncos offense was just as sharp, putting points on the board in all four quarters, including 14 in both the first and fourth quarters. Denver’s two first quarter TD both came courtesy of T.D. himself -- Terrell Davis -- who scored on runs on 1 and 20 yards, the latter of which would qualify for any highlight film as Davis juked two Dolphins defenders with separate moves as he dashed to the end zone. Davis was, unequivocally, the offensive star, posting a franchise-record 199 yards on 21 carries, which also represented the fourth-highest single-game total in NFL postseason history. Davis, who moved into eighth place all-time in NFL postseason rushing in just his sixth game, had rushed for 129 yards by halftime to notch his first 100-yd. half in the postseason, to go along with 10 in the regular season.

Miami closed the gap to 14-3 in the second quarter, scoring it’s only points of the game on a 22-yd. Olindo Mare field goal, but Denver answered with an 11-play, 87-yard drive capped by Derek Loville’s 11-yard TD run to increase the lead to 21-3 at halftime. The Broncos pushed the margin to 24-3 early in the third quarter when Jason Elam converted a 32-yd. field goal, and put the game far out of reach early in the fourth quarter when John Elway hooked up with Rod Smith for a 28-yd. touchdown play that was his 25th career postseason TD, tying him for fourth-place all-time.

The icing on the cake was provided when Neil Smith picked up a fumble forced by Darrius Johnson at the Broncos’ 21-yd. line and ran it back 79 yards for his first career postseason and a 38-3 Broncos lead, that would stand up over the final 9:49 for Denver’s most lopsided postseason win.

Shannon Sharpe led all Denver receivers with five catches, while Smith was the top yardage-gainer through the air with 71 on four catches. Defensively, Darrius Johnson and Bill Romanowski each intercepted Dan Marino, with Johnson returning his pickoff 48 yards for the second-longest interception return in franchise postseason history.

OFFICIALS
    Referee — Bill Carrollo (63); Umpire — Ed Coukart (71); Head Linesman — Tony Veteri (36); Line Judge — Mark Steinkerchner (84); Field Judge — Borris Cheek (41); Side Judge — Ken Baker (91); Back Judge — Jeff Triplette (42)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69
    Good Morning.

Against what team did Terrell Davis rush for a club-postseason-record 199 yards in a 1998 AFC Divisional Playoff Game?
    The Miami Dolphins
    W 38-3
    Davis gains the yards in 21 carries.

Miami Dolphins

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...contentID=1178

1998 AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Miami Dolphins

Saturday, January 09, 1999, 02:15 PM (Central Standard)
    oops!
    Sorry yardo! I was so excited to answer that I didn't see your answer. props to you....

Correct Answers!

Miami Dolphins when Denver won in a rout 38-3

Well Done. Terrell was a mad man that day!! 199 yards on 21 carries gives him almost a 9-1/2 yards (9.476) average per carry. Unstoppable!