Page 728 of 733 FirstFirst ... 228 628 678 718 726 727 728 729 730 ... LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 10982
  1. #10906
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,754
    So so far we have two right but not that right answers....

    It’s like a feelings questions...no one is quite wrong because it’s their feeling...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  2. #10907
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,654
    Ryan Torrain?

  3. #10908
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    17,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ryan Torrain?
    Just out of curiosity and not sarcasm but what would he have led the team in? I donít recall him ever getting much playing time.

  4. #10909
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,369
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Clinton Portis

    15 tds
    Not Clinton, but a good try. Portis had a successful career after his rookie season. But he was darn good as a rook!!

  5. #10910
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,369
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So so far we have two right but not that right answers....

    It’s like a feelings questions...no one is quite wrong because it’s their feeling...
    I sometimes make up a quiz based on my own minor research. When that happens, sometimes more than one answer fit quite well. So, instead of saying "incorrect", I admit that they are good answers. Technically some are not perfect, but to my way of thinking, if a player played on one other team and not two, it really makes little difference. So, the bottom line is, I have another "flawed' quiz.

    Then again, this is in fun, and I reward those who make good guesses.

  6. #10911
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ryan Torrain?
    Sorry Sam. Torrain did not have a good rookie season. But he was someone I was pulling for.

  7. #10912
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,369
    Clue time:

    Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

    This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

    He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?

    Updated.....he also played for Seattle.

  8. #10913
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,654
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Clue time:

    Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

    This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

    He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?

    Updated.....he also played for Seattle.
    Could this category be in the negative?

    For example Garrett Bolles led the team in holding penalties in 2018.

    It can be considered key when you consider how it affect the team!

  9. #10914
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Could this category be in the negative?

    For example Garrett Bolles led the team in holding penalties in 2018.

    It can be considered key when you consider how it affect the team!
    I would not call this a negative category. But I think I will add one more clue....

    He played in the 80s.

  10. #10915
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    719
    Rick Parros!! He started all 16 games his rookie year and followed up with 17 more starts the following 5 years and his yardage is comparable to. I donít know him and would never have guessed this as I was born 1980 but with intense research the past 10 minutes, I got it.

    Make the CPs rain down on me!

  11. #10916
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,754
    Rick U. Parros (born June 14, 1958) is a former American football running back in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. He played college football at Utah State

    Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  12. #10917
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Rick U. Parros (born June 14, 1958) is a former American football running back in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. He played college football at Utah State

    Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.
    A hair too late there, EM.

  13. #10918
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    18,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    A hair too late there, EM.


    Dam.. and honestly I didn’t see your answer before I posted...I decided to chase down the answer and never even looked in While I was researching.... you google way faster. Haha

    . good work...CP of course..
    Last edited by EddieMac; 07-20-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

  14. #10919
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    Rick Parros!! He started all 16 games his rookie year and followed up with 17 more starts the following 5 years and his yardage is comparable to. I don’t know him and would never have guessed this as I was born 1980 but with intense research the past 10 minutes, I got it.

    Make the CPs rain down on me!
    WINNER!

    Rick Parros was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the fourth round of the 1980 NFL Draft, for whom he played from 1981 through 1984. He was Denver's leading rusher in 1981 with 749 yards on 176 carries. Parros also played for the Seattle Seahawks from 1985 through 1987.

    Though he led The Broncos in his rookie season, he only managed another 632 yards rushing for the rest of his career, Therefore he had over 54% of his rushing career in year one.


  15. #10920
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,369
    Here's one offered to me by a fellow member:

    Which former Denver Broncos draft pick once referred to a Jim McMahon injury as just whiplash?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •