Page 728 of 730 FirstFirst ... 228 628 678 718 726 727 728 729 730 LastLast
Results 10,906 to 10,920 of 10946
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia23 View Post
    Mike Anderson? I know I'm wrong ... but he had a great rookie season, and then some ... felt like throwing a name out...
    Good try pal! Mike Anderson had a fabulous rookie season, and did play on another NFL team. But in the key stats, his rookie year was less than 1/2 of his entire career. Because you got several parts of this correct (good rookie season/declined performance/2 NFL teams) I'm sending some points!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Sorry DB. I am not aware of any Bronco stats he was leading in as a rookie, he played for 4 NFL teams, and as far as I can tell, he had some success after his rookie season. Please try again!
    I thought maybe he led the team in rushing when we basically used a FB as a RB. And I was also thinking he basically fell off after Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I thought maybe he led the team in rushing when we basically used a FB as a RB. And I was also thinking he basically fell off after Cleveland.
    It was a good guess my friend. I am being a bit picky on this one....yet again!!

Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?
    Olandis Gary...breaking out for over 1,000 yards and never coming close to that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    Olandis Gary...breaking out for over 1,000 yards and never coming close to that again.
    Shiz….this isn't the answer I got, but I am rewarding points based on the fact that Gary's best year was as a rookie, and his 1st year rushing totals were more than half of his career total. Technically speaking, and this is very technical, he was part of 3, not 2 NFL teams, but one was only as part of an offseason stint. You get the points sir, but I am still looking for another name.

Having said that, and based on the responses we are getting, it brings back fabulous memories of a team that could basically put anyone in the backfield and have a solid rushing season. That is the kind of Oline we would love to have back, and for the long term!

Clinton Portis

15 tds

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Clinton Portis

15 tds
    He had over half of his career TDs with the Redskins though.

Can said the rookie stat accounted for over half of their career stats.

And only 6 seasons.

Shiz….this isn't the answer I got, but I am rewarding points based on the fact that Gary's best year was as a rookie, and his 1st year rushing totals were more than half of his career total. Technically speaking, and this is very technical, he was part of 3, not 2 NFL teams, but one was only as part of an offseason stint. You get the points sir, but I am still looking for another name.

Having said that, and based on the responses we are getting, it brings back fabulous memories of a team that could basically put anyone in the backfield and have a solid rushing season. That is the kind of Oline we would love to have back, and for the long term!
    I definitely thought I had this one! Thanks!
    Who was his 3rd team?

So so far we have two right but not that right answers....

It’s like a feelings questions...no one is quite wrong because it’s their feeling...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Ryan Torrain?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ryan Torrain?
    Just out of curiosity and not sarcasm but what would he have led the team in? I dont recall him ever getting much playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Clinton Portis

15 tds
    Not Clinton, but a good try. Portis had a successful career after his rookie season. But he was darn good as a rook!!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    So so far we have two right but not that right answers....

It’s like a feelings questions...no one is quite wrong because it’s their feeling...
    I sometimes make up a quiz based on my own minor research. When that happens, sometimes more than one answer fit quite well. So, instead of saying "incorrect", I admit that they are good answers. Technically some are not perfect, but to my way of thinking, if a player played on one other team and not two, it really makes little difference. So, the bottom line is, I have another "flawed' quiz.

Then again, this is in fun, and I reward those who make good guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Ryan Torrain?
    Sorry Sam. Torrain did not have a good rookie season. But he was someone I was pulling for.

Clue time:

Following on the theme regarding players who had better rookie seasons....

This player played 4 seasons with Denver and then another couple on another NFL team.

He led The Broncos in a key category in his rookie season, but that was over 1/2 of his production for his entire 6 seasons. Who is he?

Updated.....he also played for Seattle.