Page 745 of 750 FirstFirst ... 245 645 695 735 743 744 745 746 747 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,175 of 11237
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    That's right, I was talking about the D-Lines.

From '69 through '72 the D-Lines weren't supported very well by the Backers and Secondary, except for Billy Thompson. The whole D improved from '73 through '76 especially the Backers. In '77 Joe Collier fielded his 34 D with Rubin Carter, Barney Chavous and Lyle Alzado on the D-Line; Randy Gradishar, Tom Jackson, Bob Swenson and Joe Rizzo at the Backers; and, Louis Wright, Steve Foley, Billy Thompson and Bernard Jackson in the Secondary. That was a great D.
    Thank you!
    Utah Bronco Freak

For a season the Broncos D held hands in the D huddle to show togetherness. What player is credited with starting this?

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    For a season the Broncos D held hands in the D huddle to show togetherness. What player is credited with starting this?
    Linebacker #56 Ray May who came in from the Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    Linebacker #56 Ray May who came in from the Colts!
    That;s correct. That was kind of the birth of the Orange Crush.

For those that don't know...May was a respected LB/leader that came to a young Bronco team that had never done anything and brought them together and gave them confidence. Plus "Ray May" is one of the greatest names ever.

In the 70's the Broncos were closing in on doing something they had never done before, clinch a playoff birth if they won a certain game but they lost, big time. What Broncos quarterback did some of the players want to "punch in the face" as he came off the field laughing after throwing an interception in that game?

Bonus points if you can name the exact game!

In the 70's the Broncos were closing in on doing something they had never done before, clinch a playoff birth if they won a certain game but they lost, big time. What Broncos quarterback did some of the players want to "punch in the face" as he came off the field laughing after throwing an interception in that game?

Steve Ramsey vs the Patriots

Wasn't it Denver at New England 28 November 1976? Broncos lost 38-14. Steve Ramsey threw three picks. Denver finished second in AFCW at 9-5 and Pats finished 11-3 as the WC team in the AFC. If Denver had won that game, they would have been in the playoffs instead of NE.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Steve Ramsey vs the Patriots
    Correct!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Wasn't it Denver at New England 28 November 1976? Broncos lost 38-14. Steve Ramsey threw three picks. Denver finished second in AFCW at 9-5 and Pats finished 11-3 as the WC team in the AFC. If Denver had won that game, they would have been in the playoffs instead of NE.
    Exactly correct! They went into New England with high hopes and laid a horrendous egg, got blown out. In Alzado's book he said that several of the players wanted to punch Ramsey in the face because he came off the field laughing after he threw an interception. Lyle was out with a broken leg otherwise he probably would've done it! And of course we know the next season Ramsey and Ralston were gone and we had Red Miller who was standing on the Patriots sideline for the game we just talked about!

Correct again!

LOL at Steve Ramsey...he'd have to put some "air" on 10 yard passes just to get the ball there. He is probably my least favorite Bronco QB of all time.

LOL at Steve Ramsey...he'd have to put some "air" on 10 yard passes just to get the ball there. He is probably my least favorite Bronco QB of all time.
    Iím glad Elway was the first bronco QB I saw as a kid!
    At that time dukes of hazard and the broncos were all i cared about. I didnít know much but I knew I liked how Elway threw a ball and played, i liked the duke boys racing and jumping the general Lee and I really liked Daisy Duke !!!!! 😍

I’m glad Elway was the first bronco QB I saw as a kid!
    At that time dukes of hazard and the broncos were all i cared about. I didn’t know much but I knew I liked how Elway threw a ball and played, i liked the duke boys racing and jumping the general Lee and I really liked Daisy Duke !!!!! ��
    Plus Daisy had a better arm than Steve Ramsey.

He set all kinds of passing records in college, but had more than enough opportunities to become the starting quarterback after Charley Johnson retired but just couldn't do it. Strange how some guys tear it up in college but are so so in the pros.