Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Denver possibly acquires Duckworth

Reports are surfacing all over the NFl world that Tim Duckworth OG Auburn has chosen to sign with Denver after recieving offers from 9 different teams.

When I find the link I will post it. At the moment this is unofficial.

Wow...very interesting. Yet another sign that Shanny's looking for the big ass mauler-type player, as Duckworth is definitely not a typlical ZBS lineman, IMO.

That would be awesome if it is true! He is a bulky guard and can help protect Cutler and contribute in the zone blocking scheme. I think if its true he'll be a great find and fit in Denver.
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=7][FONT=Tahoma]Down with Chokeland![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

that would be a good signing, he was rated 4th-5th round i thought.

those auburn olinemen are awesome

Tim Duckworth
    OG | (6'3", 306, 5.42) | AUBURN

Scouts Grade: 45

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy(M: MENTAL) Does not retain and learn the system(S: SPEED) Player lacks ideal speed at position

Strengths: Is a big, physical offensive guard prospect with above average overall strength. A road-grading type blocker in the running game. Will engulf smaller defenders at the point of attack. Shows the size and lower body strength to anchor versus powerful bull rushers. Continues to improve with more game-experience. Has been a reliable starter and will finish his career with terrific starting experience at the highest collegiate level.

Weaknesses: Below average athletic ability. Is slow and struggles to consistently reach the second-level as a downfield blocker. He does not do an effective job of hitting the moving target in space. Not a natural knee bender and struggles to mirror-and-slide effectively versus more athletic pass rushers. Will over-extend at times in pass pro, which leads to him getting off-balanced and lunging. Needs to improve his feet and awareness in pass pro. Durability was an issue in 2005. Marginal score on the Wonderlic Test.

Overall: Duckworth began his career in 2003 in Auburn's defensive line rotation (nose tackle), saw action in 11 games, made 12 total tackles including 3 for loss, registered two sacks, and blocked one field goal attempt. He was switched to offensive tackle after spring practice in 2004 and appeared in 10 games, mostly on special teams that year. Duckworth then started 10 contests at right guard in 2005, missing the Ball State game (9/17) with a knee injury and the Kentucky game (11/5) with a groin injury. He underwent off-season arthroscopic knee surgery that forced him to miss spring practice in 2006. Duckworth returned healthy as a senior in 2006, as he started 12 of 13 games, and missed the Tulane game due to injury.
    Duckworth is a classic mauler as an offensive guard prospect. His lack of mobility limits his NFL ceiling and his durability issues could also cause him to slip a bit in next April's draft. However, he is big enough and strong enough to develop into a starting guard in the NFL if he continues to improve his technique and feet. Overall, Duckworth warrants second-day consideration in the upcoming draft.
    This analysis from ScoutsInc doesn't describe a Bronco lineman.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I have no idea if this was good or not. But heck why not.

I don't care how good he is I hate the name....
    But seriously the name has to go...

Quote Originally Posted by mxbronco13

Which is why I was superstoked that Denver didn't draft Adam Carriker.

No!

This guy doesn't impress. His scouting profile is weak, he's injury prone and Check him out getting clowned by Marcus Thomas in the Marcus Thomas video thread .

Yes, Bronco fans. That guy made the Marcus Thomas highlight reel and looks S L O W!

Camp fodder, period.

Quote Originally Posted by mxbronco13
    Could be worse. I know a guy named D*ck Heed. But its pronounced D*ck Head.

Quote Originally Posted by dare2bme
    This guy doesn't impress. His scouting profile is weak, he's injury prone and Check him out getting clowned by Marcus Thomas in the Marcus Thomas video thread .

Yes, Bronco fans. That guy made the Marcus Thomas highlight reel and looks S L O W!

Camp fodder, period.

He's a project. He's only been playing OL for 2 years after starting out at DT in college.

He could be a good practice squad player and may be a future linemen if he can stay healthy and continue to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    He's a project. He's only been playing OL for 2 years after starting out at DT in college.

He could be a good practice squad player and may be a future linemen if he can stay healthy and continue to progress.
    Anything is possible. I'd say the odds are stacked pretty high against him, but if he puts together a great offseason and makes the PS, more power to him.

Might also be a project on the "D" line, says he played there as a freshman and Bates loves big bodies in the middle! Just a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Heaven
    Might also be a project on the "D" line, says he played there as a freshman and Bates loves big bodies in the middle! Just a possibility.
    We would be better off signing Walt Thomas than trying to convert a slow OG to DT. I think Duckworth at best will be auditioning for a spot on another team.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Yeah he definitely doesn't sound like a Denver guy...