Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dinner and a movie

So, I've been thinking about this and was just curious.

(BTW, this will be the dumbest thread I've ever made so keep those NEGs coming)

If you can't tell by my Avatar, I'm a little infatuated with one Harvard grad/actress.

It occurred to me that IF (and it will never happen) I ever had a first date with Natalie, she probably wouldn't be up for dinner and a movie. Right? I mean, she's in movies. I know I don't like to spend my free time thinking about work. I don't know...she's a vegetarian too, so maybe dinner wouldn't work either.

Hmmm...

I'm sure there are lots of better ideas than going to dinner and a movie anyway, but wouldn't it be strange to date someone that KNOWS the "behind-the-scenes" and can't stand watching movies?

Quote Originally Posted by dare2bme

If you can't tell by my Avatar, I'm a little infatuated with one Harvard grad/actress.

It occurred to me that IF (and it will never happen) I ever had a first date with Natalie, she probably wouldn't be up for dinner and a movie. Right? I mean, she's in movies. I know I don't like to spend my free time thinking about work. I don't know...she's a vegetarian too, so maybe dinner wouldn't work either.

Hmmm...

I'm sure there are lots of better ideas than going to dinner and a movie anyway, but wouldn't it be strange to date someone that KNOWS the "behind-the-scenes" and can't stand watching movies?

im going to refuse to answer because im sure u will start a dumber thread than this.

im sure of it

sig by B4B6..

Quote Originally Posted by lynchembaby
    im going to refuse to answer because im sure u will start a dumber thread than this.

im sure of it
    Well that's no fun! You're supposed to revel in my stupidity, etc...

I think in that case you take her miniture golfing and horseback riding!!! Get her dirty...she is after all a dirty dirty dirty girl...

Also...that would be like taking someone like me to say a place called...Applebee's and expecting me to have a good time...

You have a point...and it isn't just the top of your head!!!

Well that's no fun! You're supposed to revel in my stupidity, etc...
    reveling in your stupidity would take too long and I dont have that much time.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Maybe she'd just want to play a good game of chess or cribbage or something like that?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Quote Originally Posted by His Wife
    Maybe she'd just want to play a good game of chess or cribbage or something like that?
    While enjoying some nice hard candy and go to bed at 5:30, right grandma?!

Hmmm...

Dumb?
    I'd say it's not even close, compared to some other ones I've seen in the last couple of weeks.....

...you can always Dream.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Wanting to make a date as enjoyable as possible is never stupid, even if the object of your affections is 'famous'.

Shannie made a great point with Mini golf. Maybe get a great vegetarian picnic made up, and go golfing.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Quote Originally Posted by His Wife
    I like to play Scrabble with girls on a first date.

I almost always win, but you can learn something about how intelligent a girl is by doing this. Like the time that a girl that I took to the tea shop to play scrabble with actually played eunuch. It was a little bit scary, but it also displayed a high vocabulary as most people don't know that word, but even if they did, being able to spell it is a different matter.

Anyway, for a first date, I would never take a woman to a movie. I mean, movies are ok, but they aren't good date material. I'd much rather do something more fun that is active. I'd rather go to the zoo or a museum or to the park or even to a coffee shop. Maybe I'd invite her to paint with me or go dancing. But, a movie is too passive and it's just time spent sitting next to eachother. You don't learn anything about them by sitting next to them except maybe if they talk a lot during the movie.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl

I almost always win, but you can learn something about how intelligent a girl is by doing this. Like the time that a girl that I took to the tea shop to play scrabble with actually played eunuch. It was a little bit scary, but it also displayed a high vocabulary as most people don't know that word, but even if they did, being able to spell it is a different matter.

Anyway, for a first date, I would never take a woman to a movie. I mean, movies are ok, but they aren't good date material. I'd much rather do something more fun that is active. I'd rather go to the zoo or a museum or to the park or even to a coffee shop. Maybe I'd invite her to paint with me or go dancing. But, a movie is too passive and it's just time spent sitting next to eachother. You don't learn anything about them by sitting next to them except maybe if they talk a lot during the movie.
    Excellent ideas...I need to go find Natalie and close the deal...LOL

Sharing a few moments of fantasy is actually quite fun.

Thanks all!

Yeh...I guess those MILLIONS of guys that take girls to movies for their first date are all stupid heads......

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

. But, a movie is too passive and it's just time spent sitting next to eachother. You don't learn anything about them by sitting next to them except maybe if they talk a lot during the movie.
    You can learn a lot about them if you let them pick the movie. For example, stay away from the girl who wants to see Fatal Attraction at the midnight movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake
    You can learn a lot about them if you let them pick the movie. For example, stay away from the girl who wants to see
    Fatal Attraction
    at the midnight movie.
    I was talking to someone the other day about this movie....