Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Enlisted

Enlisted

Hey guys just felt like shareing with you that i joined the United States Army today. I'm going in as Infantry then Airborne school and get to try out for the Rangers. I'm in the Delayed Entry Program so i gotta a whole year before i ship off to Boot. I'm pretty excited about it but still realizing that im going into adult years so all choices and everything our up to me now.
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

To quote Han Solo "Good Luck...Your going to need it."

Best of wishes to you, though, stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOLB53
    Hey guys just felt like shareing with you that i joined the United States Army today. I'm going in as Infantry then Airborne school and get to try out for the Rangers. I'm in the Delayed Entry Program so i gotta a whole year before i ship off to Boot. I'm pretty excited about it but still realizing that im going into adult years so all choices and everything our up to me now.

Thank you for serving this GREAT Country of ours. Stay safe.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Thank you greatly for joining and believing in this great country of ours!
    Thank you for not giving up on us.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

That is WONDERFUL. Thank you for your willingness to serve our country! You and your fellow soldiers will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations! I think it's going to be an adventure you're going to enjoy (most of it, anyway). Prayers for your safety.

Congrats. The army's dicipline will make you a better person. And I heard chicks dig vets. Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn
    Congrats. The army's dicipline will make you a better person. And I heard chicks dig vets. Good luck to you!
    Oh YEAH!!! A man in uniform

Best of Luck to you and Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn
    We do "dig" vets. This is true. What more could we want than a white knight (soldier who'd defend our country) next to our side? Bravery, self-discipline, determination, and so much more to offer. Good call DevilSpawn!
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Congrats Knight!

You have chosen a path few are willing to choose. You will be very surprised the opportunities available to you.

Although i'm sure you will enjoy Airborne school and Ranger school if you pass the indoc, leave your options open.

Your first four years make sure you get some college under your belt, for a few reasons. First, if you decide the Army isn't your calling you will have another option ready. Second, the Army will pay for your college, 100% as long as you pass your classes. Third, even if you decide the Army is for you, get your degree anyway, it will only help, especially if you decide you want to become an officer.

There are plenty of active duty and former military members on the boards here. If you have any questions, just ask. You can PM me anytime if there's anything you'd like to know.

Good luck and take care.

Davii AKA GySgt Davis
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2...otos196ny8.jpg
    Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

calibroncogrl47 Guest
    That is so great and so brave of you! Thank you so much for serving our great country

Thank you for serving and fighting for our freedom. Stay safe bro. Good luck.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Good job mate. You'll do yourself and your country proud. And good choice on leaving it a while to train, you'll make it much easier on yourself and show up to impress your drill instructors.
    "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
    Ayrton Senna..

Wow man. That's a pretty big step. I was in DEP from April '02 until Aug '03 for the USAF. I don't know much about the Army besides they deploy a lot, but the one bit of advice I can give you is don't let your recruiter make everything peaches and cream. They get paid to make the big picture look like the Mona Lisa, but sometimes the big picture looks more like a cow with a bottle rocket tied to it's tail. Do as much research as you can. Go to basic training as mentally and physically prepared as you possibly can. Get in to the habit of "yes sir" "no sir".

Quote Originally Posted by Davii

Davii AKA GySgt Davis
    I didn't know you were a Gunney! Hell...if I would have known that I would've just started calling you Gunney!