Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Enlisted

Congrats for making this big step in your life and thank you for believing it is worth it!!! We need more like you!!!

God Bless America and God Bless You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    I didn't know you were a Gunny! Hell...if I would have known that I would've just started calling you Gunny!
    Please don't do that.
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2...otos196ny8.jpg
    Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOLB53
    Hey guys just felt like shareing with you that i joined the United States Army today. I'm going in as Infantry then Airborne school and get to try out for the Rangers. I'm in the Delayed Entry Program so i gotta a whole year before i ship off to Boot. I'm pretty excited about it but still realizing that im going into adult years so all choices and everything our up to me now.
    Congratulations You have made a very important decision in your life. BEST WISHES
    http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/787...sigxwaaea9.jpg

Thanks to Bronco4Life and Medford Bronco for signature

Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) and Damien (29

Great to hear! I wish you luck and remember when that drill sergeant is in your face yelling find that spot on the wall and stare. Don't look him in the eye! Good Luck and thanks for volunteering for your country!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Broncofan
    Great to hear! I wish you luck and remember when that drill sergeant is in your face yelling find that spot on the wall and stare. Don't look him in the eye! Good Luck and thanks for volunteering for your country!
    stare at the tip of his nose.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp
    stare at the tip of his nose.
    I always looked him right in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOLB53
    Hey guys just felt like shareing with you that i joined the United States Army today. I'm going in as Infantry then Airborne school and get to try out for the Rangers. I'm in the Delayed Entry Program so i gotta a whole year before i ship off to Boot. I'm pretty excited about it but still realizing that im going into adult years so all choices and everything our up to me now.
    Start running now!

get up to 20 miles a day in as fast as you can.

Start doing pushups, as many as you can, til it hurts then do 50 more.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    I always looked him right in the eye.
    I always looked at the Eagle Globe and Anchor on the smokie. My Senior Drill Instructor was a short guy, so it was the only thing that stuck out when the brim of the smokie was smacking me in the nose.

haha

Boot camp sucks when you are there, but is a point of pride afterwards.

13 weeks in Parris Island... I remember something I read in a port a potty at the rifle range.

"I know i'm going to Heaven, i've already done my time in hell"
    http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2...otos196ny8.jpg
    Al Davis leads yet another squad to the brink of mediocrity.

Code Of Conduct
    ARTICLE VI: I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States Of America.

Our basic at the time was only 6.5 weeks, but supposedly now it's 8.5 weeks.

My TI was about the same height as me. He would always put the brim of his hat right on my forehead.

The guy used to be a Marine TI, came to the AF and did his job for a couple of years then became an AF TI. He never told us that until the night before we all shipped out to tech school. It didn't surprise me though. He was psycho.

I ran in to him in the desert last summer. I walked up to him and I said "Sgt Sylvester...?"

"Yeah?"

"Sir, you were my TI about three years ago"

"Really? Well it's too bad there's no beer here otherwise I'd buy ya one"

"Sorry sir, but after putting up with you for 6.5 weeks sober, I don't know if I could drink with you"

Maleable...

Congrats on making the decision to give up your freedom for the defense of everyone else's. As a vet/retiree, I know that you are embarking on the single biggest life-changing journey of your life.

There are thousands of tips that you could be given about how to "handle" your Basic and AIT, but I think there is one central ideal to keep in mind. The point of basic training is to turn YOU into U-S. Everyone enters Basic/Boot Camp as an individual, the sooner you give up your individuality and become a cohesive member of that team, the easier it will all be. For most people, this requires being broken and the DIs won't have any problem doing that. The quicker you assimilate and the more maleable you are from Day 0, the better off you and your entire team will be.

My instructor had a catch phrase that I still use to this day. I'll pass it on to you.

FIDO! Yes, this simple dog name has the ability to get you through a 6 hour march in the rain, a 6 mile jog in a 45 lb pack and whatever else you face.

It means F*** IT - DRIVE ON!

It's simple, and can get you through the very toughest of days.

There are no "shortcuts" to becoming a better man. Everything you face gives you the choice to succeed or fail at becoming the very best of you.

Good luck and God Bless.

wow you guys r awesome. i love the support u guys all shared. it motivates x100 if i could give u guys a ton of cps i would. again thank you for ur support and thanks and i will keep u updated on what goes on even tho i got a year before anything major happens.
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Davii
    Congrats Knight!

You have chosen a path few are willing to choose. You will be very surprised the opportunities available to you.

Although i'm sure you will enjoy Airborne school and Ranger school if you pass the indoc, leave your options open.

Your first four years make sure you get some college under your belt, for a few reasons. First, if you decide the Army isn't your calling you will have another option ready. Second, the Army will pay for your college, 100% as long as you pass your classes. Third, even if you decide the Army is for you, get your degree anyway, it will only help, especially if you decide you want to become an officer.

There are plenty of active duty and former military members on the boards here. If you have any questions, just ask. You can PM me anytime if there's anything you'd like to know.

Good luck and take care.

Davii AKA GySgt Davis
    so your a gunny!! thats great! keep it up out there man. i recently transfered to individual ready reserve. did 4 as a gunnersmate in the navy. the military helps out so much college wise! i am thinking about volunteering for iraq i am thinking about it.
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Congrats on your decision! Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you. Most of my family is either Air Force or Marines. It's a very tough road, but I have nothing but respect for you!