Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Broncomania Awards - Nomination Information

Here are the categories. Nominate 2 for each category and you can't nominate yourself. You can nominate someone for more than one category.

In the interest of variety, this time you nominate two for each category.

Code:
    Broncomania Poster Award Categories:

BroncoFanCam Award (To the friendliest poster)

Best Sig Maker

Best Young Poster (17 and under) 

Best Adult Poster (18+)

Best Newbie (Less than 6 months)

Best Moderator (Mods only) 

Best Rival Poster (Must be from another team)

Best Thread Starter

Best Threadkiller

Best Username

Best Draft Guru

The Ebert & Roper Award (Best Movie Critic)

Best Broncos Themed Username

Most Creative Username

Funniest Poster

Craziest Poster

Most Servicable Poster To Broncomania (Does the most for the Messageboards) 

Most Mysterious Poster

Most Bronco Knowledge

Biggest Broncos Fan

Best Advice Giver

Most Helpful Poster

Smack King

Best Storyteller

Least Likely to get into a fight 

Most Likely to get into an arguement

Most likely to win a debate

Best Board Statician (Best at using and presenting stats)

Most Random Poster

Best Foreign Poster

Best Poster You Think Will NOT Win an Award

Most Entertaining Thread

Most Helpful Thread

Best News Reporter (Posts the most interesting news stories about the latest happenings in the world)

RunYouOver is helping me tally the numbers.

Email your nominations for the first 17 to RunYouOver at broncosob780@gmail.com The categories you send to RunYouOver are in orange.

EMAIL your nominations for the remaining 17 categories to me at snk16@optonline.net The categories you send to me are in white.

YOU MUST PUT YOUR USERNAME ON THE EMAIL OR THEY WON'T COUNT

REMEMBER: NAME 2 FOR EACH CATEGORY, YOU MUST NOMINATE AT LEAST 50%, AND YOU CAN'T NOMINATE YOURSELF

If you have any questions about the process or the awards, post them in this thread, and I will answer them when I see it.

IF YOU WISH NOT TO BE NOMINATED FOR A CATEGORY POST HERE

Nominations end in six days from now (Saturday June 14, 2007) at 7:00 PM EST.

Also, please do not post nominations here.

Once the nominations have been tallied, we will allow hiring of campaign managers to help you win the award. I will post the list of people to hire.
    Last edited by Snk16; 06-10-2007 at 01:07 PM.

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

well i hope it wasn't like last year, where all the popular people here were voted.....sorta like the pro bowl, whodey the best bronco fan? c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFanatic
    well i hope it wasn't like last year, where all the popular people here were voted.....sorta like the pro bowl, whodey the best bronco fan? c'mon

yea i think itd be cool if we were kinda serious and voted people we really thought should win
    http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8765/broncosxh4.gif
    RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

I think I'm going to nominate YOU for biggest bronco fan.

Just kidding!
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN
    yea i think itd be cool if we were kinda serious and voted people we really thought should win

GOOD POST.

This is important:

DO NOT FEEL PRESSURED INTO VOTING FOR FRIENDS ON THE BOARD. ONCE THE NOMINATIONS ARE IN, VOTE FOR WHO YOU THINK BEST FITS THE AWARD.
    Administrator

It's not just about popularity, it's about nominating those you think REALLY deserve the award.

The stupid thing is that if you don't nominate someone for an award then how the heck are folks meant to vote for them?

And um, awards are pretty much a popularity contest.
    President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
    I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

I meant to post this when you asked for new categories, and forgot...

I think you should drop the rule that you can't leave any blank, and here's why:

I don't know a lot... I don't know who the best draft people are, I don't necessarily know who has the MOST Bronco knowledge, etc...

So I don't nominate anyone at all... and when there's the same rule for voting, I don't vote at all, cuz I DON'T know, and would rather not throw it off...

I understand you're trying to cut down on people just voting for their 'friends' or something, but maybe you could make it you have to nominate in a certain percentage? I'd be more likely to participate that way... But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by redbirdy80

I think you should drop the rule that you can't leave any blank, and here's why:

I don't know a lot... I don't know who the best draft people are, I don't necessarily know who has the MOST Bronco knowledge, etc...

So I don't nominate anyone at all... and when there's the same rule for voting, I don't vote at all, cuz I DON'T know, and would rather not throw it off...

I understand you're trying to cut down on people just voting for their 'friends' or something, but maybe you could make it you have to nominate in a certain percentage? I'd be more likely to participate that way... But that's just me.
    I were just gonna say that there same thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro
    It's not just about popularity, it's about nominating those you think REALLY deserve the award.
    The stupid thing is that if you don't nominate someone for an award then how the heck are folks meant to vote for them?

And um, awards are pretty much a popularity contest.
    sorta contradicting yourself there aye? and don't roll your eyes at me miss, if you look at last years you would see that it was the same 5 people winning every other award, not that i care, but c'mon.....'' ''

Quote Originally Posted by redbirdy80

Good idea. Done.

1. Death
    2. Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver
    GOOD POST.

This is important:

DO NOT FEEL PRESSURED INTO VOTING FOR FRIENDS ON THE BOARD. ONCE THE NOMINATIONS ARE IN, VOTE FOR WHO YOU THINK BEST FITS THE AWARD.
    Yup, this is how it goes.

We keep all the nominations and voting information confidential so we aren't going to tell anyone if you didn't vote or nominate them. So feel free to tell them you nominated them even if you didn't.

1. Death
    2. Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Snk16
    Good idea. Done.
    Thanks. You'll have my nominations soon

I wish to be nominated for a category.

Nominate me and I promise to allow your arms to remain in their sockets for a couple days longer.

EDIT: I don't think you should HAVE to nominate two for each category.
    Last edited by TheWookieeBronco; 06-10-2007 at 01:28 PM.

How about a magic trick?

hmmm. . . .

every time these hapen, we have to listen to complaints about how it's a popularity contest. . . sounds like sour grapes to me-- if it bothers you, why bother to read the thread? i wouldn't, but i guess that makes too much sense. . .

still, there is some basis for it. . . i like jwinn and emancipator as much as anyone, but there ARE plenty of other good posters who contribute here as well, even if they don't post as frequently. . . so with absolutely no disrespect intended to jdub or big E, i'm going to challenge people to think about it a little harder this year, and try to recognize some of our other quality members for a change. . . . most of the usual suspects do win these things time after time for a reason, but there are mysterious posters besides TDK, random posters besides anton, and bigtime broncos fans besides topscribe. . . . and they deserve some recongnition too! let's try to make it a bit more interesting this year, shall we? just a suggestion. . . .

oh, and please don't nominate me for anything, thanks!
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

I personally found the WhoDey thing hillarious. Its hard to nominate the best broncos fan with all the good fans here, and so someone came up with the idea of a good joke.

And it only makes sense that this is partially a popularity contest. Broncos2356547Bailey might be the best draft guru the boards have ever seen, but if he only had one post, he won't be nominated. Point is, if people don't know you, how are they going to know what to nominate you for?

And of course there are repeat winners. They were nominated the other years since they fit, and if nobody changes or if we don't get any new contenders then it will be the same.

Hell, even a lot of popular people have never won an award. Most of the mods, some of the ladies, lots of rival fans....