• Show
Clear All
  • T140
    Special Teams
    • Jan 2005

Went to the wolf sanctuary today

Said hello to Tien the wolf.

and Bengo the Jagard

Didn't get many pics though because we were actually working for a change! Summer morning in Florida, wow it was hot. That's why Tien is under a house, because it was so hot.

here's Indie, Tien's brother, running around from us while I try to get images of Tien and try to get him to come out. He later came out and licked me with his giant, dirty tongue and also rolled around on his back for awhile. Later in the morning I was still really dirty in the face but we went to go see Tien's brother Chokowah, who was dirty everywhere except his tongue and he cleaned me up. What a thoughtful wolf!
  • His Wife
    His Boss
    • Aug 2006

Tien looks beautiful T140! He's gorgeous. Those eyes are penetrating and so green! It's hard on them when it's so hot with that heavy fur coat! No wonder they tend to like the high altitudes so much more overall, eh?

Thank you for sharing your stories and photos! I really look forward to reading about each visit you tell us about.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill (Look him up )

Comment

• McKeough
      Thank you Rod Smith!
      • Jan 2006

Aww, thanks for sharing man. I have a major soft spot for animals.

They are both gorgeous.

CP your way!

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
      sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

• dogfish
        • Jan 2006

dang, i'm not jealous. . . . what a fantastic opportunity for you!
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

• 2 Minute Warning

Those are so cool. Thanks!

Comment

• AlWilsonizKING
            Baddest....On2Turntables
            • Oct 2005

WOW CP for you!!

Wolves are my favorite animal! I would love to go there. Thanx for posting the pics.

PEACE!!!

Comment

• sneakers
              Playmaker
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by T140
              http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...Wolvess008.jpg
              Said hello to Tien the wolf.

and Bengo the Jagard

Didn't get many pics though because we were actually working for a change! Summer morning in Florida, wow it was hot. That's why Tien is under a house, because it was so hot.

here's Indie, Tien's brother, running around from us while I try to get images of Tien and try to get him to come out. He later came out and licked me with his giant, dirty tongue and also rolled around on his back for awhile. Later in the morning I was still really dirty in the face but we went to go see Tien's brother Chokowah, who was dirty everywhere except his tongue and he cleaned me up. What a thoughtful wolf!
              Awesome, wolves are great animals.

Comment

• Saddletramp
                Captain
                • Nov 2005

Good hunting spot....
                [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• EddieMac
                  Canuck Mod, eh!
                  • Feb 2004

We have a lion/bear/tiger sanctuary just across the border...

I made arrangement to go their early with my daughter for her birthday once..it was coo, as they are very active before it gets too hot..got to feed a couple and get in real,close...amazing creatures..
                  sigpic

Comment

• EddieMac
                    Canuck Mod, eh!
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                    Good hunting spot....
                    Only a rancher......

Wolves have actually migrated into our area here and are taking over..there is provincially funded bounties for them for certain times of the year..
                    sigpic

Comment

• Saddletramp
                      Captain
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      Only a rancher......

Wolves have actually migrated into our area here and are taking over..there is provincially funded bounties for them for certain times of the year..
                      And a realist. Wolves are killing the livestock industry in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho. And, coming soon to Colorado.
                      [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                      Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Sophia23
                        RIP #88
                        • Sep 2012

Never saw this thread. One of my favorite animals. The pictures can no longer be seen... . We came across one when we were camping a few years ago, just stopped and stared at us for a while and wandered off.... didn't bother us.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                        Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                        Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                        Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Dennis.1960
                          Captain
                          • Nov 2014

Up here in the Olympia WA area we have "Wolf Haven" where they accept wolves captured elsewhere and provide them a large natural habitat to live in. Each wolf (or pair if they're compatible) has a fenced area to hang out in. My wife & I have been there twice and it's very cool. The tour guides remind us all to be very quiet...no loud noises or sudden movements

If anyone's ever in the Oly area and wants to visit...here's their web page:

"There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                          PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                          LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Working...
                          X