Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16

    Broncos Fans Opinions

    I just want to know what you guys think of your team. I am a 49er fan so compare your situation to ours.

    QB- Cutler - Smith - I give the upper hand to the niners because Smith has more expierience and is younger than Cutler. Smith has a break out season this year IMO.

    RB- Henry - Gore - It is Gore hands down here.

    You guys get the point. Choose some stuff and compare. I will post more as we go.
    5 time world champs

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atoka, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,878
    Okay I'll bite, although, I have to admit, I have somewhat against the 49ers (55-10; that really pisses me off!)


    But I will be civil.

    Cutler vs Smith. While I think Smith's season this year will be another step forward, he isn't better than Cutler. I think in the long run, Cutler will far surpass Smith in achievements, and utlimately, in wins(I do like ya'lls coach though). I just think that Cutler has more talent, has a better coaching staff, and has better overall talent around him.

    Gore vs Henry. Gore has to do it again before I put him ahead of Henry. I'd be willing to call it a draw for now, but Gore really blew up last year. If he can show consistentcy as Henry has(this with Henry not being the #1 man year in and year out), he'd probably be ahead. But remember, Henry is now a Bronco, he'll get his yards I imagine.

    Our WRs vs Your WRs. Advantage us. I have to admit, I don't know too much about ya'lls(did ya'll get Ashlie Lelie?), but I like our combination of TEs and WRs over what ya'll have now.

    I'll let someone else jump in now.
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel51
    Okay I'll bite, although, I have to admit, I have somewhat against the 49ers (55-10; that really pisses me off!)


    But I will be civil.

    Cutler vs Smith. While I think Smith's season this year will be another step forward, he isn't better than Cutler. I think in the long run, Cutler will far surpass Smith in achievements, and utlimately, in wins(I do like ya'lls coach though). I just think that Cutler has more talent, has a better coaching staff, and has better overall talent around him.

    Gore vs Henry. Gore has to do it again before I put him ahead of Henry. I'd be willing to call it a draw for now, but Gore really blew up last year. If he can show consistentcy as Henry has(this with Henry not being the #1 man year in and year out), he'd probably be ahead. But remember, Henry is now a Bronco, he'll get his yards I imagine.

    Our WRs vs Your WRs. Advantage us. I have to admit, I don't know too much about ya'lls(did ya'll get Ashlie Lelie?), but I like our combination of TEs and WRs over what ya'll have now.

    I'll let someone else jump in now.
    I think the 49ers will have better WR's this year. Don't forget that the niners also traded for Darrell Jackson and drafted Jason Hill. Vernon Davis is going to explode this year.

    And I am definitley going to draft Henry. He is my top fantasy draft steal.
    Last edited by backtoglory49; 06-21-2007 at 04:56 PM.
    5 time world champs

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,718
    Are we doing positions as a whole? Or starters?... I guess I'll do starters with the exception of receiver and corner(If I get to it)

    QB - Cutler vs. Smith
    I say Cutler because of the fact that he has more weapons, more consistent weapons, and also that fact that he has more smarts and talent. He would have been in Niner's pick at #1 overall over Alex Smith if he was in the 05' draft, without a doubt. Right now, the edge would go to Smith, but if you ask me at this middle/end of this football season, I'll probably be ready to say Cutler.

    RB - Gore vs. Henry
    Talent wise, I'd say Gore, yes. But also, don't forget the fact that there's been reports WHEN HE CAME OUT of college at Miami that he had the body and was as worn down as much as a 30 year old. He won't be playing at that level for long, and if he does that will really suprise me. System wise, I'd say Henry has the edge. Every year we have a guy back that with decent talent, and they end up tearing it up. Then we got guys with a good amount of talent and they turn out to be Clinton Portis and Terrell Davis. Well, add Henry to that list.

    FB - Johnson vs. Norris
    Johnson was on the verge of being a pro bowl player in 05', and the only reason Mike Shanahan switch the starting job over to Cecil Sapp last season was because of the fact that he wanted to experiment because he felt that Sapp had more talent and athleticism. But now that Sapp will be taking snaps at HB this year, expect that pro bowl caliber player to be back. Moran Norris is a solid FB, don't get me wrong, and I feel that he could be just as good as KJ, but right now, no.

    WR - Walker/Marshall/Stokely/Smith vs. Jackson/Lelie/Battle/Gilmore
    Let's go ahead with the starters - Walker, pro bowler. Jackson, solid. Marshall, unproven. Lelie, proven to be a #2 or slot receiver at best. Right now, I'd take Walker and Marshall. Just because of Walker. If you want to get into slot/4th WR's, then you start getting into a 1,000 yard, 10 TD SLOT receiver, and a future all of famer. The Broncos absolutely demolish the Niners in this category.

    TE - Graham vs. Davis
    Davis has the potential to be as good as Sharpe or, if you want to talk about modern day, then Gates or Gonzalez. However, when you look at it and you look at the fact that Vernon was injured for a good portion of last year, you can't say too much about him yet. He had a little bit better season than our #2 TE in Tony Scheffler, and I'd say that isn't too impressive that receiving is Vernon's best quality. He wasn't known to be a very good blocker in college. Now you throw in Daniel Graham who is probably one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL as of now, he's not much of a threat in the passing game, but he does move the chains, and he does have reliable hands. Right now, as Vernon is still pretty much unproven blocking in the trenches, I'd take a Daniel Graham over a Vernon Davis 9 times out of 10(Depending on the situation).

    That's it for now
    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 06-21-2007 at 05:01 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    4,165
    The 49ers have an awesome receiver corp.

    Along with a solid and underrated receiver in Arnaz Battle, they added:

    Darrell Jackson (legit #1 target)
    Ashley Lelie (legit field stretcher and #2 WR)
    Jason Hill [rookie] (loved him in college and should develop nicely into a pro)

    At TE, I love theirs for one reason.... Vernon Davis, the monster from Maryland. (GO TERPS!)

    While I like our guys more, talent-wise, they have a sexy crop of targets too that I certainly can't hate on.

    Add solid additions to the O-line and the hopeful tossing out of Kwame Harris, and thier offense should be DEADLY next season.

    On defense, they still need to find a legit nose-tackle to anchor that 3-4 defense, but I like their DEs Marques Douglas and Bryant, the aging wonder. With some tutelage, Ray McDonald should become a fine replacement in time.

    Their LBs are pretty decent. A developing and speedy edge rusher in Manny Lawson and the lethal product of Ole Miss: Patrick Willis.

    While thier safeties are ok, Michael Lewis got let loose by Philly for a reason, Nate Clements and Walt Harris should form a strong corner tandem until they can develop someone for the future.

    Overall...

    Our WRs > their WRs
    While I love Vernon Davis, having a dual-threat like Graham, combined with a decent target in Scheffler, I'd give the edge to us.

    Our O-line is going through a flux, and their O-line is already stockpiling some talent, so its even here for me.

    On defense, despite our horrible pass rush, thier D-line is developing while ours has been the focus of our offseason, I go with ours.

    I like their LBs, but they have all proven little, then again, we have 2 new starters at LB, so we'll call it even.

    At safety, John Lynch is still a pro-bowler and Ferguson is more servicable than the opposite of Michael Lewis, advantage us.

    At corner, Bailey and Bly and Foxworth are the best group in the league... nuff said.

    Kicker... well, I don't like their kicker and you can only guess why.... Besides, Elam is better.

    Punter... who cares...


    150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

    D.J. 55's Mock Draft:


    Denver Broncos General Manager

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16
    Bryan Gilmore is not even going to make the niners roster. We drafted Hill in the 3rd round.
    5 time world champs

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by backtoglory49
    I just want to know what you guys think of your team. I am a 49er fan so compare your situation to ours.

    QB- Cutler - Smith - I give the upper hand to the niners because Smith has more expierience and is younger than Cutler. Smith has a break out season this year IMO.

    RB- Henry - Gore - It is Gore hands down here.

    You guys get the point. Choose some stuff and compare. I will post more as we go.
    I agree that Smith will be better this season because he has more experience.

    I also believe that Gore is a better RB, than Henry.

    However, I think both Cutler and Henry will have better stats this year because of the players around them and the system they play in.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust
    The 49ers have an awesome receiver corp.

    Along with a solid and underrated receiver in Arnaz Battle, they added:

    Darrell Jackson (legit #1 target)
    Ashley Lelie (legit field stretcher and #2 WR)
    Jason Hill [rookie] (loved him in college and should develop nicely into a pro)

    At TE, I love theirs for one reason.... Vernon Davis, the monster from Maryland. (GO TERPS!)

    While I like our guys more, talent-wise, they have a sexy crop of targets too that I certainly can't hate on.

    Add solid additions to the O-line and the hopeful tossing out of Kwame Harris, and thier offense should be DEADLY next season.

    On defense, they still need to find a legit nose-tackle to anchor that 3-4 defense, but I like their DEs Marques Douglas and Bryant, the aging wonder. With some tutelage, Ray McDonald should become a fine replacement in time.

    Their LBs are pretty decent. A developing and speedy edge rusher in Manny Lawson and the lethal product of Ole Miss: Patrick Willis.

    While thier safeties are ok, Michael Lewis got let loose by Philly for a reason, Nate Clements and Walt Harris should form a strong corner tandem until they can develop someone for the future.

    Overall...

    Our WRs > their WRs
    While I love Vernon Davis, having a dual-threat like Graham, combined with a decent target in Scheffler, I'd give the edge to us.

    Our O-line is going through a flux, and their O-line is already stockpiling some talent, so its even here for me.

    On defense, despite our horrible pass rush, thier D-line is developing while ours has been the focus of our offseason, I go with ours.

    I like their LBs, but they have all proven little, then again, we have 2 new starters at LB, so we'll call it even.

    At safety, John Lynch is still a pro-bowler and Ferguson is more servicable than the opposite of Michael Lewis, advantage us.

    At corner, Bailey and Bly and Foxworth are the best group in the league... nuff said.

    Kicker... well, I don't like their kicker and you can only guess why.... Besides, Elam is better.

    Punter... who cares...
    You really can't compare our DL's. DL in the 34 are meant to plug up holes and take blockers, not to get a pass rush. A DE in the 34 should be 300+ plus pounds. I wouldn't get anyone below 285.
    5 time world champs

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,718
    Quote Originally Posted by backtoglory49
    Bryan Gilmore is not even going to make the niners roster. We drafted Hill in the 3rd round.
    Gilmore will make the team, since Hill is still unproven. Just like we'll still have Kircus on our team because Stokely coming off an injury, and Marshall are unproven. But either way, our receiver corps is still better than yours by a mile.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Gilmore will make the team, since Hill is still unproven. Just like we'll still have Kircus on our team because Stokely coming off an injury, and Marshall are unproven. But either way, our receiver corps is still better than yours by a mile.
    The 49ers will keep 5 WR's. Jackson, Lelie, Battle, Williams, Hill

    The niners will not cut Williams, he was a 3rd round pick last year and is doing the best in OTA's.
    5 time world champs

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    413
    Hill is going to be an amazing wide reciever. I'd give San Fran the better recievers and Starting RB (Denver will have the better Duo).

    Denver has the better QB, TE, O/D-Line, Secondary, Linebacking Corps though.
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9...oundoe0rf3.png

    Go Cougs! Go Broncos!

    Thanks tons Broncosfreak_56!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Doggcow
    Hill is going to be an amazing wide reciever. I'd give San Fran the better recievers and Starting RB (Denver will have the better Duo).

    Denver has the better QB, TE, O/D-Line, Secondary, Linebacking Corps though.
    It is really hard to compare our DL and LB's. We run way different systems. Your DL may be better at rushing the passer because the niners DL isn't meant for that. While the niners LB's are better at rushing the passer because your LB's are meant for that.
    5 time world champs

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by backtoglory49
    I just want to know what you guys think of your team. I am a 49er fan so compare your situation to ours.

    QB- Cutler - Smith - I give the upper hand to the niners because Smith has more expierience and is younger than Cutler. Smith has a break out season this year IMO.
    cutler is something other fans can't really judge unless they watch every snap he takes.

    he's talented. he's one of those guys you could tell was a really talented passer before he threw a ball. bronco fans know what i mean. and he showed it last year. only every few years does a guy like this come along. alx smith is good, but he's got nothing in cutler.

    gore vs henry? i'd give it to gore, but not hands down, like you say. henry's very close.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

    http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirateFunk
    cutler is something other fans can't really judge unless they watch every snap he takes.

    he's talented. he's one of those guys you could tell was a really talented passer before he threw a ball. bronco fans know what i mean. and he showed it last year. only every few years does a guy like this come along. alx smith is good, but he's got nothing in cutler.

    gore vs henry? i'd give it to gore, but not hands down, like you say. henry's very close.
    The same can be said about Smith. Your guys' pride and joy Champ even said it himself that Alex Smith is going to be great.
    5 time world champs

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,718
    Quote Originally Posted by backtoglory49
    The same can be said about Smith. Your guys' pride and joy Champ even said it himself that Alex Smith is going to be great.
    Yeah but Cutler is going to be on Elway's level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •