Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 157

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707

    Picture of why I think Cutler fumbled - post your opinion

    Look how low Cutler has to go. His legs are almost 90 degrees! The Normal stance should be at 45 degrees. How good could you grab the ball at 1 foot off the ground. You then have to back peddle at 90 degree's how fun is that! You then need to go to 45 degree's or higher and not hit the centers butt and fumble. I will give Jake Plummer credit. He did a lot better job at getting the snap.

    Look at Vince Young and Tony Rono Below they both are at the normal 45 degree!






    Last edited by cutlerfan; 06-18-2007 at 12:29 PM.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    942
    looking at the pictures i cant help but see that both romo and vinces centers have a higher posture in there sets while tom nalen is really low. if he could get a higher posture i think the feed from center to QB should be better.
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

    [
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

    denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Virginia Tech, Blacksburg
    Posts
    396
    its just something he is going to have to get used to. Nalen cannot just change his stance this far into his career. i find it to be a positive. the lower you are the better he is going to be at getting up and under the DT. If he was any higher he will have more of a chance of getting bull rushed and knocked backwards.

    Many Qb's have this problem with their centers. It affects the first step or two on their drops but it can be managed with practice.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by specialblend154
    its just something he is going to have to get used to. Nalen cannot just change his stance this far into his career. i find it to be a positive. the lower you are the better he is going to be at getting up and under the DT. If he was any higher he will have more of a chance of getting bull rushed and knocked backwards.
    He should also be able to explode backwards in to the 5-7 step drops faster with the lower stance.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Virginia Tech, Blacksburg
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    He should also be able to explode backwards in to the 5-7 step drops faster with the lower stance.

    exactly, as long as he doesnt "explode" too much and fall over after the snap. only time i can see this being a disadvantage is in a one step "spot pass" to a wideout but we seldom use quick screens.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    He should also be able to explode backwards in to the 5-7 step drops faster with the lower stance.
    If you don't agree - get in a 90 degree stance and run backward. Then try a 45 degree stance. Which is easier?

    The QB's Butt should he higher than the lineman's when they are in a three point stance!
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    If you don't agree right now get in a 90 degree stance and run backward. Then try a 45 degree stance. Which is easier?

    Thw QB's Butt should he higher than the lineman's when they are in a three point stance!
    I can't even bend my legs to 90* without grimacing, so let's not and say we did.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Shelton, CT
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    If you don't agree right now get in a 90 degree stance and run backward. Then try a 45 degree stance. Which is easier?

    Thw QB's Butt should he higher than the lineman's when they are in a three point stance!
    Exploding back off the snap isn't running backwards because a QB doesn't stay backwards. They backstep and then they are sideways they don't throw while facing down the field, at least last time I checked.

    And what QB dictionary did you get that out of??
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

    Sig by Sky.

    All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    If you don't agree - get in a 90 degree stance and run backward. Then try a 45 degree stance. Which is easier?

    The QB's Butt should he higher than the lineman's when they are in a three point stance!
    i could step off very quick with both the 90 and 45 degree stances.
    Last edited by antiwup; 06-18-2007 at 01:03 PM.
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

    [
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

    denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hinesville Georgia
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    He should also be able to explode backwards in to the 5-7 step drops faster with the lower stance.
    I played QB for my HS...If you are low... you won't be able to see the everything when you are taking the snap...and it doesnt make you drop back faster.Because when you drop you have to have a tall stance soo you can see over the line and read the defense.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvinWillis
    I played QB for my HS...If you are low... you won't be able to see the everything when you are taking the snap...and it doesnt make you drop back faster.Because when you drop you have to have a tall stance soo you can see over the line and read the defense.
    Thank you!
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by specialblend154
    its just something he is going to have to get used to. Nalen cannot just change his stance this far into his career. i find it to be a positive. the lower you are the better he is going to be at getting up and under the DT. If he was any higher he will have more of a chance of getting bull rushed and knocked backwards.

    Many Qb's have this problem with their centers. It affects the first step or two on their drops but it can be managed with practice.
    i just gauged it by the topic at face value. however i do think tom could change he is smart and tough enough to be able to adjust to a QB. you dont give him enough credit for all the experiance he has in the league. reason he sat so low was plummer was short way shorter than cutler.
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

    [
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

    denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Shelton, CT
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by antiwup
    i just gauged it by the topic at face value. however i do think tom could change he is smart and tough enough to be able to adjust to a QB. you dont give him enough credit for all the experiance he has in the league. reason he sat so low was plummer was short way shorter than cutler.
    A center cannot just change the way they snap the ball... have you ever played any position on the line??
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

    Sig by Sky.

    All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hinesville Georgia
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by antiwup
    i just gauged it by the topic at face value. however i do think tom could change he is smart and tough enough to be able to adjust to a QB. you dont give him enough credit for all the experiance he has in the league. reason he sat so low was plummer was short way shorter than cutler.
    Not to burst your bubble but, Jake Plummer is 6'2 and Jay Cutler is 6'3 soo he isnt way shorter than Jay.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by specialblend154
    its just something he is going to have to get used to. Nalen cannot just change his stance this far into his career. i find it to be a positive. the lower you are the better he is going to be at getting up and under the DT. If he was any higher he will have more of a chance of getting bull rushed and knocked backwards.

    Many Qb's have this problem with their centers. It affects the first step or two on their drops but it can be managed with practice.
    I must say I found it rather awkward looking at it last year.
    2016 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS: STATED WEEK 7 SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •