Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    How come nobody mentioned what an awesome photo that is?!? Whoever took it should be given free season tickets! Oh, wait....it was ME! Actually it was kinda' cool seeing one of my pictures being discussed here. Glad to see they are getting around! I noticed his low stance at the time and just forgot to mention it. There are a few other angles too and it looks like he's in the same position:

Oh, and someone mentioned this earlier...the height difference between Cutler and Plummer:

There are plenty more where those came from. Feel free to check out the rest by clicking on the link in my signature. Go Broncos!!!
    Last edited by SunDevil_Jake; 06-20-2007 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil_Jake
    How come nobody mentioned what an awesome photo that is?!? Whoever took it should be given free season tickets! Oh, wait....it was ME! Actually it was kinda' cool seeing one of my pictures being discussed here. Glad to see they are getting around! I noticed his low stance at the time and just forgot to mention it. There are a few other angles too and it looks like he's in the same position:

Oh, and someone mentioned this earlier...the height difference between Cutler and Plummer:

There are plenty more where those came from. Feel free to check out the rest by clicking on the link in my signature. Go Broncos!!!

Those are great pictures and I remember looking at them. I would have gave you credit but I forgot who I got it from.

Good Job and CP to you for the great photos!
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Unhappy rare shanny mistake

if you watched the denver/san diego game then you would notice that phillip rivers had to get down just as low to and it didn't bother him. it was probably because jay wasn't getting many snaps from nalen during practice. this is just a rare shanny mistake

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk
    if you watched the denver/san diego game then you would notice that phillip rivers had to get down just as low to and it didn't bother him. it was probably because jay wasn't getting many snaps from nalen during practice. this is just a rare shanny mistake

Rivers is about 6'5" he's always had to squat down like that. However, its seems like Nalen is squating back more on his heals than he did earlier in his career.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

After reviewing the play, it's Jakes' stupid pad level that ruined his career here in Denver. I'd have a hard time throwing a ball too if my shoulder pads were practically covering my field of vision.

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    Come on we are better than this. We don't need name calling.

Now go sit in a corner
    Fine! but I am not wearing the Dunce hat
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    Hey, don't pay any attention to Mile High "Dud". He's a big "Hollywood" Leinart fan, and is yet to get out of school. You know, the ramblings of youth.
    Uh..... .....OK.
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

I played center for a few years.

In the first pic, yea, Cutler is really low along with Nalen's buttox. Its a pass play though and that stance benefits Nalen. I also don't know how much bending over would have to do with fumbling. If Cutler kept falling backwards or something, this probably would be the problem, but dropping the ball is just unfamiliarity.

On the pics that Sun Devil posted, Cutler is still a little low, but not as much as in the last ones. He should be able to work perfectly fine out of those stances.

Its probably just an unfamiliarity like TU (or is it TD) Hurricane said on page 3 (I think page 3). I'm sure there will be no problems in the future.

I looked it up and NFL.com lists Jake's height as 6'2" and Jay is usually listed as 6'3" or 6'4". So how much difference does an inch or two make?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil_Jake

Great photos!

In the photo of both it looks like Jake has a lot longer legs. A couple inches longer yet Jay is taller. From watching him run I thought his legs looked a little short for his height. Either Jakes legs are longer or Jay is bending his knees or standing in a hole. If that is the case then Jay is even taller then it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit
    Great photos!

In the photo of both it looks like Jake has a lot longer legs. A couple inches longer yet Jay is taller. From watching him run I thought his legs looked a little short for his height. Either Jakes legs are longer or Jay is bending his knees or standing in a hole. If that is the case then Jay is even taller then it appears.
    It could also be a camera perspective thing. Also, "IF" Jake's legs are longer, as the picture does indicate, then that would mean that Jake's legs should have been at the 'dissadvantage' in terms of the squat, although I still don't think that had anything to do with the snap problems.

Also, based on this picture, the height of their hands off the ground seems to be very similar, which is what I would expect, taller people tend to have longer arms. That means in terms of their hands above Nalens butt, they both had roughly the same starting point and had to get their hands down roughly the same amount to receive the snap.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by antiwup
    i just gauged it by the topic at face value. however i do think tom could change he is smart and tough enough to be able to adjust to a QB. you dont give him enough credit for all the experiance he has in the league. reason he sat so low was plummer was short way shorter than cutler.
    Not to burst your bubble but, Jake Plummer is 6'2 and Jay Cutler is 6'3 soo he isnt way shorter than Jay.

Those are some long pegs....

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit
    Great photos!

If you look at Jay's eye's, it looks like he's even thinking the same thing: "Damn! That dudes got some long a$$ legs"

At least that's what I hope he's looking at.....

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed
    If you look at Jay's eye's, it looks like he's even thinking the same thing: "Damn! That dudes got some long a$$ legs"

At least that's what I hope he's looking at.....
    You also have to consider Jakes jersey is tucked in while Jay's jersey is tucked out when could lead to the visual image of ones legs look longer than the other.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

This is a good post and a good point, and the reason, IMO, we should have released Nalen and made the move this season to Hamilton. Cutler himself said it has been an adjustment for him to take the snap from Nalen. Hamilton is taller, so it would mean a more natural position for Cutler, and since Nalen is basically year-to-year at this point, and Hamilton is under contract, I thought the move should have been made to Hamilton.

But Nalen is one of Shanahan's favorites, so he is still here.