Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 157
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by specialblend154
    that does not really count, he is not really under center. better pics!

    i bet peton and eli have a similar problem being 6' 5" (ish) and all.
    Jay is 6'3.5"

    Please look at the Young and Romo pictures for reference.

    Thanks
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Virginia Tech, Blacksburg
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    I know it is hard in your little mind but mentally fast forward - he is checking off - but he is not going much lower in his stance.

    hahaha, damn thats mean.

    still i have to agree that the photo was irrelevant to your original post.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hinesville Georgia
    Posts
    2,731
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    He should also be able to explode backwards in to the 5-7 step drops faster with the lower stance.
    I played QB for my HS...If you are low... you won't be able to see the everything when you are taking the snap...and it doesnt make you drop back faster.Because when you drop you have to have a tall stance soo you can see over the line and read the defense.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Shelton, CT
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    I know it is hard in your little mind but mentally fast forward - he is checking off - but he is not going much lower in his stance.
    You are trying to tell me how low the QB of my team has to go to get into his stance?? And you obviously weren't much of a college QB if you don't realize that usually if a QB is checking off and still has his hand under Center the Center has lifted his butt up in order to allow for the QB to make his calls. The Center does not stay in his exact stance, and it isn't hard at all to get lower than what he is.
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

    Sig by Sky.

    All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,793
    You have to face that your argument is blown here...


    You should have picked a different angle!!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    When I get off....never mind....
    ha ha!!! i could step back quick from both 45, 90 about the same.
    GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

    [
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...in40oz/rpg.jpg

    denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by shanniefly
    You have to face that your argument is blown here...


    You should have picked a different angle!!!
    I should have for Palmer. It was the best I could come up with in 30 seconds
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvinWillis
    I played QB for my HS...If you are low... you won't be able to see the everything when you are taking the snap...and it doesnt make you drop back faster.Because when you drop you have to have a tall stance soo you can see over the line and read the defense.
    Thank you!
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by bengaaaaals1688
    You are trying to tell me how low the QB of my team has to go to get into his stance?? And you obviously weren't much of a college QB if you don't realize that usually if a QB is checking off and still has his hand under Center the Center has lifted his butt up in order to allow for the QB to make his calls. The Center does not stay in his exact stance, and it isn't hard at all to get lower than what he is.

    That was a mean statement and I am sorry about that. I am just stating that Palmer will not get much lower because of his bad knee. I may be wrong.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Shelton, CT
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    That was a mean statement and I am sorry about that. I am just stating that Palmer will not get much lower because of his bad knee. I may be wrong.
    Don't worry about it, I have heard much worse both here and at the Bengals board lol.

    He doesn't get a lot lower, which is just how his stance has always been, but he does get lower. And while this may be true it still doesn't back-up your reasoning that Cutler fumbles because of his stance. You are right that he gets lower than a lot of QB's, but that alone doesn't back up your belief in the reason for his fumbles. It more than likely isn't his stance, as the only thing that him starting that low would affect is his immediate view of the defense as he went back, but as he stood up he would see it all anyways.
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

    Sig by Sky.

    All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by bengaaaaals1688
    Don't worry about it, I have heard much worse both here and at the Bengals board lol.

    He doesn't get a lot lower, which is just how his stance has always been, but he does get lower. And while this may be true it still doesn't back-up your reasoning that Cutler fumbles because of his stance. You are right that he gets lower than a lot of QB's, but that alone doesn't back up your belief in the reason for his fumbles. It more than likely isn't his stance, as the only thing that him starting that low would affect is his immediate view of the defense as he went back, but as he stood up he would see it all anyways.
    Thanks for being cool.

    What I mean is if he is at 90 degrees he has to raise up to throw or hand off. So he is in motion going from 90 degree's to almost standing - if he raises to soon he hits the centers butt and causes a fumble. I have had it happen to me.

    Just a thought - not saying this is for certain.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by shanniefly
    Awwwwwww...thanks, makes my whole day...



    I can see clearly now the rain is gone...
    I think you're nice.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Shelton, CT
    Posts
    4,259
    Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    Thanks for being cool.

    What I mean is if he is at 90 degrees he has to raise up to throw or hand off. So he is in motion going from 90 degree's to almost standing - if he raises too soon he hits the centers butt and causes a fumble. I have had it happen to me.

    Just a thought - not saying this is for certain.
    I understand that, but there are many ways to offset that. First of all he can bring the ball closer into his body off the snap or stand a split second later. I mean you could be right about it being the cause, but I can't say that I agree with it, and I do doubt that it is the reason. It is also easier for a QB to adjust to the height of a center than it is for the center to adjust for the QB.
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

    http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

    Sig by Sky.

    All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed
    I think you're nice.
    Thanks buddy!
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

    http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

    Where Jay Graduated!


    I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    849
    I play Center, and I know the only thing a QB can do when he doesnt fit the center stance, is get used to it, plain and simple, I take bliions of snaps with my QB everyday during the season, and he just gets used to how i snap the ball

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •