Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    I don't recall John, Brian, or Plummer ever having to ge that low.
    So, does anyone have a few pics of Elway taking snaps from Nalen where one can see the angles?

I thought Elway was pretty much the same height as Cutler, [6'3"] no?

Maybe Nalen changed his stance as he matured in the league.

This is as close as I could get, he looks pretty low, not too many pictures of a QB getting low.

John under center

Jack did heres a pic of him with Tommy

Plummer under center

Just hit refresh for Jakes picture and it should come up

I am assuming the center is Tom Nalen. This is how it should be, a 45 degree angle just as Cutler fan said.

Looks like Jake had to get down as low as Cutler aswell.

If it is Nalen, Elway is taking a snap from in the first picture then I would assume that Nalen developed the low snapping stance as he matured.

How about a magic trick?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco

I am assuming the center is Tom Nalen. This is how it should be, a 45 degree angle just as Cutler fan said.

If it is Nalen, Elway is taking a snap from in the first picture then I would assume that Nalen developed the low snapping stance as he matured.

Heck of a post with the pictures! Ok - so is the blocking scheme different after Elway left?? Why did Nalen change - if he did (It looks like he squats lower than he did with Elway)

JMike - this would be a great question to ask Nalen. Does he squat lower now than he did with Elway - and if so (which it looks like he does) why??
    Last edited by cutlerfan; 06-19-2007 at 12:52 PM.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    Heck of a post with the pictures! Ok - so is the blocking scheme different after Elway left?? Why did Nalen change - if he did (It looks like he squats lower than he did with Elway)

JMike - this would be a great question to ask Nalen. Does he squat lower now than he did with Elway - and if so (which it looks like he does) why??
    Since Shanny must see that Cutler has trouble with Nalen's snaps I wonder why Shanny doesn't just ask Nalen to not bend down so low?

How about a magic trick?

Since Shanny must see that Cutler has trouble with Nalen's snaps I wonder why Shanny doesn't just ask Nalen to not bend down so low?
    That is a great question. Not sure - there maybe other factors.
    http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9...rfanmb9uc2.gif

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...assdb/Jay2.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerfan
    That is a great question. Not sure - there maybe other factors.
    Just a quick note... the one other major change since John was here is Alex Gibbs is no longer with our team...
    Denver Obsession
    www.BroncoTalk.net
    My Denver Obsession has moved to BroncoTalk!

In the picture of Elway, if you look at it closely, he is not under center just yet. His hands have yet to go under, which means he has also yet to get as low as he is going to. He still may be a bit higher than Cutler, but he is not actually under center.

As for Shanny asking Nalen to get higher, that isn't something that would be easy for Nalen. It is much more difficult for Nalen to pick himself up and still be able to fire off and make his blocks while snapping as well as he always does than it is for Cutler to adjust and lower himself down when he gets under center for the snap.
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/806...sonsig1bb2.png

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/9...nemsigbuq8.jpg

Sig by Sky.

All you nooby dooby doos need to stop making stupid threads.

Jake though not listed was also 2 too 3 inches shorter than Cutler. Something that can make a BIG difference
    As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit
    He didn't say he couldn't take the snap! But as anyone who actually looks at the photo can see Nalan is LOWER then most. It would take some getting use to. He can learn to do it but along the way it could have posed a problem that contributed to the fumbles.

Beings the Jake vs Jay debate didn't turn out in your favor are you trying to start a Jay vs John debate figuring the out come might be more favorable to you?
    Actually I said it for two reasons. 1 because I meant it. 2 because I wanted to see which jackass would be the first to bring up Jake Plummer when Jake Plummer had absolutely nothing to do with the prevousl statement. Congrats you WIN!!!!
    SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    Jake though not listed was also 2 too 3 inches shorter than Cutler. Something that can make a BIG difference
    Yes, but anyone that has shopped for golf clubs and immediately thought "I'm shorter than average, I need short clubs" or "I'm taller than usually, I need tall clubs" usually found out pretty quickly that typically taller people have longer arms and therefore location of their 'hands' are amazing similar to people with different heights.

So, it all has to do with how far above the ground their hands are when hanging down, which determines which of them (if either) had to squat lower.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighStud
    Actually I said it for two reasons. 1 because I meant it. 2 because I wanted to see which jackass would be the first to bring up Jake Plummer when Jake Plummer had absolutely nothing to do with the prevousl statement. Congrats you WIN!!!!

Your clearly just looking for a fight because your boy got the boot! You further proved my point with the name calling.

Your post had nothing to offer to this thread except to bash Cutler plain and simple!

Quote Originally Posted by vandyman53
    No he wasn't two to three inches shorter. Jay is listed a 6'3" and Jake is 6'2"according to what was listed on the roster.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC
    No he wasn't two to three inches shorter. Jay is listed a 6'3" and Jake is 6'2"according to what was listed on the roster.
    Hmmm, I thought there was more of a difference than that. Jake looks smaller, but maybe it has more to do with having a smaller frame.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator
    Hmmm, I thought there was more of a difference than that. Jake looks smaller, but maybe it has more to do with having a smaller frame.
    Height wise they're not far apart, but in weight Jay out weighs Jake by about 30 lbs.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16