Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 113
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,514
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Broncos were 7th against #2 WR's, not 1st.

    And for how much crap everybody gives Ty Law the Chiefs were surprisingly 4th against #1 WR's.
    He probably meant 1, 2,and 3 combined.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,775
    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe
    McAlister played for the University of Arizona. That is the same conference as USC,
    UCLA, Washington, Oregon, and ASU. Moreover, he played against LSU, Utah, Notre
    Dame, Ohio State, and Penn State, among others. Yeah buddy, he played against
    receivers who are in the NFL today.

    And yes, I can say Chris makes Ed look better, just as Ed makes Chris look better.
    Both were in the Pro Bowl last year, so arguing as to who is the better player
    amounts to a pissing contest . . . the type that doesn't interest me. So this issue is
    closed.

    -----
    Another member owned by Top.


    Where would you guys rank Foxworth as in terms as RTB7 catagories?

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,729
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Comeon man. Ty Law deserves mentioning. He definitely isn't elite anymore but he is a hell of alot better than some of those guys on that list. Law is better than Surtain for one.
    As I mentioned previously, I missed some names and I apologized... However, I may be wrong here, but weren't a lot of Chief fans complaining about Law's play last year and telling him to retire? Or am I just imagining things?

    How did he do last year? The only thing I remember about him last year was the fact that he got mossed by Javon in OT in our first meeting back in week 2, and 2 years ago I remember him getting his ankles broken by LT. That wasn't directed smack either, I just remember that.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,514
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6
    Another member owned by Top.


    Where would you guys rank Foxworth as in terms as RTB7 catagories?
    I would rank him at 27

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    8,729
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6
    Another member owned by Top.


    Where would you guys rank Foxworth as in terms as RTB7 catagories?
    I'd personally put him in as a solid-above average nickel corner, and a solid replacement at #2 if someone got injured, but nothing more than that.
    Last edited by ReleaseTheBeast7; 06-21-2007 at 08:42 PM.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    As I mentioned previously, I missed some names and I apologized... However, I may be wrong here, but weren't a lot of Chief fans complaining about Law's play last year and telling him to retire? Or am I just imagining things?

    How did he do last year? The only thing I remember about him last year was the fact that he got mossed by Javon in OT in our first meeting back in week 2, and 2 years ago I remember him getting his ankles broken by LT. That wasn't directed smack either, I just remember that.
    I wasn't one of them. Besides a couple of times where he fell down he was very solid last year. Our biggest problem at cornerback was that Lenny Walls was not quick enough to cover slot receivers so we had to move Patrick Surtain inside so Walls could cover the #2 WR. Walls usually got burnt.

    I wouldn't base too much off of one play. Law had pretty good coverage, Walker just made a good play. However, Law did say that Walker pushed off on him on that play.

    And don't worry. I didn't take your post as smack.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

    It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,514
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    I wasn't one of them. Besides a couple of times where he fell down he was very solid last year. Our biggest problem at cornerback was that Lenny Walls was not quick enough to cover slot receivers so we had to move Patrick Surtain inside so Walls could cover the #2 WR. Walls usually got burnt.

    I wouldn't base too much off of one play. Law had pretty good coverage, Walker just made a good play. However, Law did say that Walker pushed off on him on that play.

    And don't worry. I didn't take your post as smack.
    I wonder why he would say something like that.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Broncos were 7th against #2 WR's, not 1st.

    And for how much crap everybody gives Ty Law the Chiefs were surprisingly 4th against #1 WR's.
    KMartin tried this backwards logic over on the Mane awhile ago. I'm going to go ahead and post Mediator12's owning of him:

    http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...70#post1603270

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediator12
    If your argument is they played a cover two, then the responsibility of the #1 WR was not on Ty Law. His responsibility would be a zone, not a player. If the weakness was the gaps between the LB's and Safeties then TE's should have been rated much weaker than they were.

    To post such drivel as proof of Ty Law not regressing in that defense last year is just your basic homerism that you typically display here. If you played press man coverage on the #1 WR's most of the time or cover three, then Law would be more responsible for the #1 WR 's numbers. Trying to make a solid football argument while missing the design of your defensive scheme and calling others on their lack of intelligence is quite pathetic.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    243
    dont know if somebody already said this and i dont have time to read but im going to have to go with Pacman

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos Rex
    dont know if somebody already said this and i dont have time to read but im going to have to go with Pacman
    I might too, had he done anything yet. But he hasn't done anything in particular.



    Except get into trouble . . .



    -----

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    639
    I see neither Nathan Vasher or Terrance McGee gets any love...

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    41
    Man, I hate the Chefs, but I really like Ty Law. I love how he always gets a pick off of Peyton Manning every time they play against each other. He's crafty.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    13,489
    Quote Originally Posted by chope
    Man, I hate the Chefs, but I really like Ty Law. I love how he always gets a pick off of Peyton Manning every time they play against each other. He's crafty.
    I think Law may be suffering from the same image that afflicts John Lynch: He's
    getting old, therefore he is slow and has lost his effectiveness. It is true that both
    may have lost a half-step, but both played at a high level last year, far as I could see.

    What they will do this year . . . well, it's a year-to-year thing now. But I don't believe
    Law deserves some of the dissing apparent on this board.

    -----

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenis7
    Got to agree w/u, NPF. Hall's a self-promoter. I think someone asked Champ who he thought was the next great CB, and Champ mentioned Hall. Guess it went to his head, b/c Hall's play didn't back it up last year.

    I'd go:
    1. Champ Bailey
    2. Chris McAlister (Ravens)
    3. Nate Clements (Niners)
    yeah i've learned to really take athletes comments like those with a grain of salt. you never know if they're being modest, making nice remakrs about their friends, or just trying to not look like a homer.

    i mean, rod smith once said chris mcallister was the best corner in the nfl. i knew for a second he didn't mean it and was just trying to basically pick one outside champ. then if you'll notice during the champ clip that was posted, he not only says he's the best corner in the league, he says he's the best football player he's played against. so there ya go.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

    http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,931
    WOW i didnt think my thread would get this many posts and this many good posts to boot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •