Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Briggs

Briggs

Is He A Free Agent If He Is Should We Sign?or Try A Trade For Him?
    WE LOVE AND MISS DARRENT AND DAMIEN

He is not a FA. He was franchised and no, we should not try to trade for him.

He wants too much money. I'm not sure the Broncos aren't already using voodoo magic to make the moves they've already made, work. They weren't too far from the salary cap at the beginning of the offseason, they've signed two very expensive FAs in Graham and Henry, they've picked up several other FAs, and traded for some others. On top of all that, they still have to sign their draft picks. There's no way Briggs will sign a cap friendly deal. He's trying to hold the Bears hostage for a big payday.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

How many Briggs' threads have we had now, like 81? Enough already--we are not trading for him.

If we signed Briggs, what would we do with Ian Gold and his gigantic, undeserved contract?

We don't need Briggs and besides he isn't worth the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by DTP(R.I.P.DWDN)
    Is He A Free Agent If He Is Should We Sign?or Try A Trade For Him?
    No he's not a free agent and no we shouldn't sign if he was nor should we trade for him.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

No.

Simple as that. Read the other 100 'Should we sign Briggs?' threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowlensbest3233
    How many Briggs' threads have we had now, like 81? Enough already--we are not trading for him.

"we should".

WE'll just go ahead and cut Champ Bailey to fit Briggs under the salary cap.

Great idea. Trade for another prototypical weakside linebacker and put him at strongside linebacker. Did you guys not learn your lesson with D.J. Williams?
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

go back to madden please
    http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8765/broncosxh4.gif
    RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

NO offense kid but you're stepping into grown men's yards with lil kid ballz lol, you just have to do a lil more homework and think out these threads b4 u post em, life isn't as simple as OVER RIDING the Madden trade clauses...real life has salaries, years left, age factors, roster spots, a whole slew of crap that Madden has an "On/Off" option for lol, just giving ya fair warning...hate to see ya get flamed anymore

MY two cents? Like it's been said, we are currently giving Ian GOld way too much money and we had to Cut our best LB in Wilson just to keep our FA's this year, it's a sad crappy business but we can't keep em all...

I wonder if John Mobley and Al Wilson are going to hang out more now lol...maybe Mobley is healthy now-a-days?

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Great idea. Trade for another prototypical weakside linebacker and put him at strongside linebacker. Did you guys not learn your lesson with D.J. Williams?

What lesson, exactly, were we supposed to learn, kmart?

Btw, you have the tact of a 2x4 to the head.....And your a mod? Damn....

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed
    What lesson, exactly, were we supposed to learn, kmart?

Btw, you have the tact of a 2x4 to the head.....And your a mod? Damn....
    Relax, I'm not insulting the Broncos in any way. I'm simply stating Briggs would not fit in Denver.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    Relax, I'm not insulting the Broncos in any way. I'm simply stating Briggs would not fit in Denver.
    Kmart you say that about every player that comes down the line.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 07-02-2007 at 01:27 PM.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

i have to disagree with a lot of people and say that briggs is NOT overrated but no we shouldnt trade for him. The bears offered him good money last year...something to the tune of 33 mil over 5 years and he wouldnt take it.

If we did trade for him, he would be MLB and not SLB. Briggs even said that he wants to play MLB but wont for the bears for obvious reasons.
    Glen Haven Fire

The question is,is Briggs better than either Ian Gold or DJ? Or could Briggs play MLB and Ian and DJ have the other LB positions?Stronside and weakside.If we had all 3 we would be a force.I would give a up our #1 for Briggs.