Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LaVar Arrington Anyone?

Now I realize this player is still a few weeks/months? away from being able to play but it would not be a stretch to sign him for a small amount of cash for a 1 or two year deal.

Even if it takes him the first year to learn the playbook and recover from the injury he will still be a great LB with good field awareness. He would also fill a void that has everyone wondering who will play as starting 3 in the LB corp. We could go from having the best LB corp to the .... best LB corp

Anyways just my two cents what do you all think about it?

One of the reasons Washington let him go was he was a glory hog and never played team ball. Their "D" did better without him in the lineup. How else would you allow a "star" LB go to a division rival?

Once there, he bombed as well. He's an atheletic freak, but I don't want a "Me first" player, especially since he's only out there for the money and highlights on sports center and not helping the team reach a championship.

So no, I don't want him here.

no he would want too much money and he isnt that great in a system hes amazing when he just blitzes but hes not the greatest coverage guy or follow this play guy

that probably made little sense
    http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/8765/broncosxh4.gif
    RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs
    One of the reasons Washington let him go was he was a glory hog and never played team ball. Their "D" did better without him in the lineup. How else would you allow a "star" LB go to a division rival?

Once there, he bombed as well. He's an atheletic freak, but I don't want a "Me first" player, especially since he's only out there for the money and highlights on sports center and not helping the team reach a championship.

So no, I don't want him here.
    This is completely incorrect. The Washington defense was MUCH better when he was in the lineup, especially when he was creating the turnovers.

The reason he was benched, and eventually released was because of the lawsuit he filed against the Redskins concerning his contract.

I'm not saying he's a good fit here, but lets not make outlandishly wrong statements about a players abilities. Arrington didn't get along with management in Washington. But he made both the Redskins and the Giants better when in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!!
    This is completely incorrect. The Washington defense was MUCH better when he was in the lineup, especially when he was creating the turnovers.

The reason he was benched, and eventually released was because of the lawsuit he filed against the Redskins concerning his contract.

I'm not saying he's a good fit here, but lets not make outlandishly wrong statements about a players abilities. Arrington didn't get along with management in Washington. But he made both the Redskins and the Giants better when in the lineup.

He was benched because he played an undisciplined style in Gregg Williams defensive scheme, and didn't honor his assignments. It can also be argued that he was still getting back from injury. But fact is, Gregg Williams runs a very disciplined, assignment oriented offense that didn't fit in well with Arringoton's abilities.

Here's an article that briefly states how the relationship with Washington soured toward the end.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355921

I'm not sure how he will be coming back from multiple serious injuries, and he very likely won't play at all in the 2007 season, but he is a great linebacker when he plays in a system that allows him to make plays.
    Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 07-03-2007 at 04:35 PM.

i hear courtney brown is still available as well. . . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

headcase!

HEADCASE!

the mans all about him self, thats why he out of the job.

I still miss the blue background.

He's an injury waiting to happen. I find nothing special about him anymore, he's carrer in football is over with.

I live in MD and watch the Skins yearly, i think LaVar is a good blitzer and he is a very smart player he can't really cover to good but....when he is healthy he is a Pro bowler. The Skins were mad at him over a contract dispute! he was on the radio talkin about it for like weeks and they had that man playin special teams?...they are truly a bad ran organization.....i think if he came cheap(very BIG if) he would be a scary addition for our team.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncodogPG
    I live in MD and watch the Skins yearly, i think LaVar is a good blitzer and he is a very smart player he can't really cover to good but....when he is healthy he is a Pro bowler. The Skins were mad at him over a contract dispute! he was on the radio talkin about it for like weeks and they had that man playin special teams?...they are truly a bad ran organization.....i think if he came cheap(very BIG if) he would be a scary addition for our team.
    I heard he like to free lace rather than taking of his assignments on the field. No thanks.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Post Not A Fit!

The only person who has ever made him play was Joe Pa!I have watched him alot.I thought when he hit the N.F.L.,he was gonna be Great,brother-in-law redskin fan.The more praise he got on T.V.the more of a glory highlight guy.I dont see him playing team D unless Joe Paterno is linebacker coach!then you add hits,dl time..NOT A BRONCO His days of playing our # I think.Just a thought!.

my dad has season tickets to the redskins games so i go to every home game (they are my second team to the broncos). lavar is a great player and even when he wasnt getting much playing time he was still making plays. he was benched because of a contract dispute, NOT because of his "free lancing" or inability to play. im not sure where hed fit with the broncos unless DJ moves to MLB, but i think that hed be a good addition if the price was right.
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

....................................,.-‘”...................` `~.,
    .............................,.-”............................ .......“-.,
    .........................,/.................................. .............”:,
    .....................,?........................... ........... ................\,
    .................../......................................... ..................,}
    ................./........................................... ...........,:`^`..}
    .............../............................................. ......,:”........./
    ..............?.....__............................ ........... ..:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:` ........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`.... ...._/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/... .}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”......... ...../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }.......... ..../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(...... ;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\.... ../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./ .....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|.. ............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .. .............
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\. ................
    ................................`:,,.............. ........... ..`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,..................., %`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.... ...`\.

150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal.

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Denver Broncos General Manager

When Healthy, Lavar is easily one of the top 5 LBs in the game. I'm not kidding. He has sideline to sideline speed and can rush the QB like LT (the real one). His problems have been nagging injuries. He just can't seem to stay healthy anymore.

His first few years in Wash, he was a terror. He looked like the next Derrick Brooks/Lawrence Taylor. I'll never forget the lick he put on Troy Aikman which pretty much finished him off in pro football. You guys think Ian Gold and DJ Williams are fast? Arrington was faster, hit harder, and was a better tackler. Lavar suffered under poor coaching and poor management in Washington during his prime and was actually one of the few "top performers" (other than Champ) on that defense. He got stuck on a bad team that was going nowhere and "wasted" his best years there.

Remember how many guys thought Brian Urlacher was "overrated" until the Bears stopped sucking and started winning? Then they got a good look at him and realized he really does live up to the hype! Arrington was the same way. It's just a shame that with all his health problems, his best days seem behind him and all anyone remembers is the contract dispute, injuries, and a motorcycle accident.

arrington's like a kid with ADD. like we need to get him one of thsoe child leash things to keep him in position.

we couldn't even get him to sign a contract, he'd just overpursue and sign the desk or something. we'd be there all night.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity