Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Dumervil=Freeney?

I don't see it!

We're getting a little carried away.....

julius peppers can do it all.. while freeney is one dimensional.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

If Moss = 3/4 of a Freeney, I'm happy.........

Freeney is teh suck when it comes to stopping the run.

If Jarvis is gonna play like him he can leave Denver right now.

But he wont, because he's awesome .
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...lerecopeey.jpg
    Teh siggies are made by me. PM if you like 'em.
    I'm a BroncoForLife!

Unfortunately for the Panthers, about an extra $10 mil over and above Freeney's contract

Quote Originally Posted by MindField
    Unfortunately for the Panthers, about an extra $10 mil over and above Freeney's contract
    And just imagine the contract the Chargers are going to have to give to Merriman. Oh, and the same offseason Merriman is a free agent his fellow teammates Philip Rivers, Marcus McNeill, Luis Castillo, Igor Olshansky, and Vincent Jackson are all free agents. Have fun trying to keep all of them together. They all very well could add up to $100 million in guaranteed salary in one offseason and well over $200 million in total salary.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Jarvis Moss is Jarvis Moss and nobody else. However, IMO he compares best to javon kearse as far as great DEs in the league go.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal19
    Jarvis Moss is Jarvis Moss and nobody else. However, IMO he compares best to javon kearse as far as great DEs in the league go.
    No offense but so far in his career his ability or lack thereof to stay healthy also compares to Kearse.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575
    No offense but so far in his career his ability or lack thereof to stay healthy also compares to Kearse.
    dude, no one compares to kearse. if this comment was true, he wouldn't have been drafted. so far, kearse is injuring himself and moss isn't.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

And just imagine the contract the Chargers are going to have to give to Merriman. Oh, and the same offseason Merriman is a free agent his fellow teammates Philip Rivers, Marcus McNeill, Luis Castillo, Igor Olshansky, and Vincent Jackson are all free agents. Have fun trying to keep all of them together. They all very well could add up to $100 million in guaranteed salary in one offseason and well over $200 million in total salary.
    thats really gonna suck for the chargers.. which is good news to both broncos and cheifs fans. But rivers and merriman will be the first they try to resign. but then again they can always just franchise meriman then sign him the next year.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam24
    Mike Evan said from 950 the fan says that Jarvis Moss is not Julius Peppers but he is Dwight Freeney, theres a difference.
    Now I know both guy are really good but what the heck is the difference?
    Would it be like comparing Bert Berry and Trevor Pryce, both of whom were really but one is a speed pass rusher while the other is a power guy.

If you ask me, I think Jarvis is the second coming of Trevor Prce, just at the kids size and all.
    julius peppers is a freak of nature, a guy like that only comes along once

Quote Originally Posted by HidEmu
    julius peppers is a freak of nature, a guy like that only comes along once
    . . . every few years (I finished your statement for you).

Before him, there was Reggie White. Then there was Deacon Jones. And a few
    others. You could even slide our own Rich Jackson in there. Julius Peppers is a
    superstar at his position, no doubt. However, he may eventually be considered with
    the greats, but not above them.

-----

Quote Originally Posted by MHS
    thats really gonna suck for the chargers.. which is good news to both broncos and cheifs fans. But rivers and merriman will be the first they try to resign. but then again they can always just franchise meriman then sign him the next year.
    The funny part about that is the very next year Antonio Gates, Jamal Williams, and Antonio Cromartie are free agents. Ladainian Tomlinson is then a free agent the year after that.

The Chargers are going to be in some deep trouble soon.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic
    Freeney is the speed rusher off the edge, and that's why Moss is being compared more to him.

Peppers is the do it all DE that excels at the rush.

I think that's the difference and the comparison they are talking about.

With Crowder/Ekuban on the other side as the more well rounded player, Moss will fit in perfectly with the scheme, and has the potential to develop inito that impact player along the dline.
    Crowder is more like peppers...

...he can stuff the run AND rush the passer.

I don't mind having a 2nd tier Freeney on the right, and 2nd tier peppers on the left.
    Plug in the big boys, and *money, in the middle, and it should be a fun time.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!

Ummmmm...

..you DO realize, don't you, that the cap can be massaged to fit them all in, right?

And if you notice, it's not like they're up against the lid....
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

Jacks RULE!!!!!!