Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    why would you want us to pick another DT in the draft next year don't you think we have enough D-lineman now? If all of our new D-line pans out the way we think they should we should have a solid line for years to come, so we shouldn't waste a top pick for yet another DT. I didn't think of Manningham... he could be a really go pick up. But i would certainly like McFadden or Slaton both would make a great one, two punch with Henry until he retires. And I think we should definitly get either a linebacker or safety for defense.

I would like to get Mario Manningham....we can never have enough receivers.

I don't think anyone should overlook Harold Gelbaugh quarterback of the Pittsburgh State Gorillas and younger brother of former NFL great and future Hall of Famer Stan Gelbaugh! This guys stats are unbelievable!

From Penn State, I'd like Derrick Williams (WR) and Justin King (CB).

According to scout.com, they both run 4.40 40s

Derrick Williams: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=963487
    Justin King: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=1132386

Dan Conner would be also be a good choice for defense, but I just don't see the blazing speed in him that we usually look for in a linebacker.
    I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoMan04
    why would you want us to pick another DT in the draft next year don't you think we have enough D-lineman now? If all of our new D-line pans out the way we think they should we should have a solid line for years to come, so we shouldn't waste a top pick for yet another DT. I didn't think of Manningham... he could be a really go pick up. But i would certainly like McFadden or Slaton both would make a great one, two punch with Henry until he retires. And I think we should definitly get either a linebacker or safety for defense.
    Why would need another DT, because we need youth at D-Line. Also, I just like getting big guys who stuff the run and pass rush.

Red face D-Line depth

I agree that if the draft class provides enough depth that DT depth should be increased with youth in the early rounds. The DE position has been given multiple picks, so developing a long-lasting DL can be done. Thomas will hopefully fill a big need for several years. Draft another young stud to play next to him. Prefferably a real large DT. As Champ has stated, it alll starts up front. Adams and the other older DTs are stop-gap measures to allow winning right now. The opportunity is presenting itself to build an exceptional defense. WIth Cutler and all the new weapons they have acquired for him, the O should improve with experience. Can you imagine the confidence of the team when they have over $20 million to attract FAs and have a fairly young roster already?

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado69
    I agree that if the draft class provides enough depth that DT depth should be increased with youth in the early rounds. The DE position has been given multiple picks, so developing a long-lasting DL can be done. Thomas will hopefully fill a big need for several years. Draft another young stud to play next to him. Prefferably a real large DT. As Champ has stated, it alll starts up front. Adams and the other older DTs are stop-gap measures to allow winning right now. The opportunity is presenting itself to build an exceptional defense. WIth Cutler and all the new weapons they have acquired for him, the O should improve with experience. Can you imagine the confidence of the team when they have over $20 million to attract FAs and have a fairly young roster already?
    i dont know if they can but i would love to see them get a top guy or two in Free agency. or it would also excite me to see them pay off on some bonuses if possible to help in future years.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.