Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Domonique Foxworth in this weeks SI!!

Zeroing in On.... Domonique Foxworth (Broncos DB)

The Player - third year cornerback was slated to start before Denver signed All-pro Dre' Bly in March. "Having Champ and Dre' is exciting but frustrating". "I could start at corner on any other team. To be honest, I think I can start at corner on this team."

The Mentor - The American studies major out of Maryland (he graduated early with a bachelor's degree) gives high school students a "college tip ofthe month" at collegeincolorado.org ("The summer months are the most crucial... Don't take the summer off). He also teaches writing at a Boys & Girls Club in Denver. "I bought a bunch of books so I could bone up on my grammar", he said on his blog.

The Memorialist - To honor teammate and friend Darrent Williams, who was killed in January, Foxworth is helping build a teen center named for Williams in Denver. "People want us to pay triubte to Darrent by winning the Super Bowl," says Foxwroth, a rookie with Williams in 2005. "That would sell him short. He was more than a football player".

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6
    The Memorialist - To honor teammate and friend Darrent Williams, who was killed in January, Foxworth is helping build a teen center named for Williams in Denver. "People want us to pay triubte to Darrent by winning the Super Bowl," says Foxwroth, a rookie with Williams in 2005. "That would sell him short. He was more than a football player".
    I've always appreciated how he carries himself. Those ads to stay in school, etc.

From what I've seen from him, he is trying to be a good example to the youth, and those that look up to him, for that I him.

I like the fire he's showing as well, I hope he wears a Bronco uniform for years to come.

I've been meaning to buy his book he recently wrote, can't remember the exact title. But it's basically his journal through his rookie season. He's a class act.
    "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

[IMG]http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5531/hall1.gif[/IMG]

Rather see him have greater success on another team than limited success with us. Great person, he deserves more.

He'll see more action by the end of the year. Right now, it's Dre's job to lose. I'd wouldn't be surprised if Foxworth becomes number 2 mid-season. He's gonna be a great vialable option in the slot.

A dreamer could not take the spot away from a 5'8" CB either time.

He was beat like rented mule everytime he came in as a nickle the good QB's knew where to throw the ball.

He has NO chance at being a starter for any decent team.
    Last edited by JRWIZ; 07-19-2007 at 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling edit in yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Zanders76
    Rather see him have greater success on another team than limited success with us. Great person, he deserves more.
    So true.

i believe he is a RFA.. after this year.. i say tender him a first rounder.. if someone signs him we get the pick.. if not we keep a good football player
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

I am not up on the RFA rules, but can you tender a player for a draft round other than the one they were drafted at? He was a 2nd rounder I think so can't they only tender a second for him?

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetFan
    I am not up on the RFA rules, but can you tender a player for a draft round other than the one they were drafted at? He was a 2nd rounder I think so can't they only tender a second for him?
    And Michael Turner (backup Chargers RB) was drafted when? I'm betting it wasn't the 1st and 3rd he was tendered at .
    RIP Darrent Williams

I would love for him to upseat Dre Bly. He really could start on a lot of teams in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ

He was beat like rented mule everytime he came in asa nickle the good CB's knew where to throw the ball.

jr, you never cease to amaze me with how badly you undervalue foxworth. . . go ahead, name me another corner besides champ who won't eventually get beaten when the QB has time to read war and peace before deciding where to go with the ball. . .

even good corners need some help from the pass rush from time to time, and for the most part he's held up quite well for us with little to none. . . i think you're still holding the pittsburgh game against him. . .
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117
    I would love for him to upseat Dre Bly. He really could start on a lot of teams in this league.
    This shows his competiveness and hopefully he does step up and gives Bly a run. It would only make our team better!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Roses_Thorn
    And Michael Turner (backup Chargers RB) was drafted when? I'm betting it wasn't the 1st and 3rd he was tendered at .
    That cracked me up. Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWIZ

He was beat like rented mule everytime he came in asa nickle the good CB's knew where to throw the ball.

.......wow
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity