Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MHS
    it all depends on brandon marshall... if he has a solid season 600+ yard and 5+ tds then i doubt we take a WR in round one... i personally would like OLB or Saftey in round one.. i like the saftey from ND tom z. (not sure how to spell his last name.) he had an off year last year but from what i have head is a tough agressive saftey... perfect to replace lynch.
    This is a class deep in linebackers. Short on safties. i think you can find value in the second or third round on a strong side linebacker. who can come in and contribute. i think they should stay away from linebackers in the first this year, unless DJ completely flops.
    i also think there is value at DT/NT in the first two rounds. Unless we pick in the top 15 phillips is out of site. and while the safety from Tenn is supposed to be decent he is only 5'9 and that does not excite me.
    i think we could use a top flight Wideout. A rock at the LT/RT position. or if frank okam is available when we go to pick.

There might be some decent safety FA's next year and we are allegedly around 22 million under next year. i am really encouraged with denvers wiggle room next year. we can address any of our situations we need to VIA FA and the Draft we might be lacking a thrid rounder. but i defnetly think we can find a upgrade.
    unless

I am not huge on tom zbikowski because as of yet to my knowledge he might not even play football. if not a starter could definelty be a special teams ace returning punts kicks and covering kicks and punts. so well have to see
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pdt2505
    Since we are talking about the 08 draft I have a question about Chad Henne. Why does Henne fall to the second round? I realize alot of it has to do with what teams need a quaterback. But Henne will have started at a major university for all 4 years, and will have one of the stronger arms in the draft. He has gotten better at looking off his main receiver although still not as good as I may like. He's mobile enough to play QB. As far as Mike Hart not going to the 2nd I understand because of his size. Lastly do NFL teams take in to account how other players have done in the NFL from the same position and school. For example Michigan running backs have a bad track record in the NFL but Michigan QB's have a pretty good one (at least all get drafted). If any of the draft guys can help me out I appreciate it. Football season needs to hurry up and get here!
    I have seen some rank him in the first round. if he has all those qualities. then he will definetly get to show it this season and in senior bowl games or combine
    Brady came from Michigan but so did brian griese.

I think some people look at where he went to school.some programs are noted for there position to use michigan. there have been alot of top recruits and prospets at wideout and florida alot of people joke that some one from there d has to go in the first round every year. i think its partly a joke and partly some truth to it.

Laurinaitas or however you spell his name. We should take him in the fourth and take a center in the second and trade up to get a safety in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk
    Laurinaitas or however you spell his name. We should take him in the fourth and take a center in the second and trade up to get a safety in the first.
    we have Nalen, Meyers, Hamiliton, Eslinger, And Fenton from CU playing center. i do not feal that it is a need position. espeically since Eslinger had a great year in NFLE

Red face O-Line Strength

As usual, the O-Line has been taken care of with FAs and an occasional medium draft pick. Harris seems to be well trained and could make the 3rd round pick a wise one. If you study the typical path of a Bronco O-Lineman, you will see that there is considerable depth already available. Most of the young players can play multiple positions. A later round tackle might provide more depth, but they usually grab one late anyway. Safety is going to need attention in the near future, just because of the ages of the starters. There may be suffucient talent already onboard. After a year of Bate's system, the needs should be much clearer. Linebacker could use more high-profile depth. I wouldn't put it past Shannahan to draft a RB in the fourth to provide more talent and competition. Right now, Henry is the only real proven threat. Even after the overhaul of the DL, if the draft class provides depth at DT, young players could help. All in all, I see an LB, DT, and RB as the best use of the draft.
    Last edited by Colorado69; 07-21-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk
    Every mock draft with him in it has him coming off the board early, like within the top 15 picks. There is no way he would last into the 4th round. Besides, D.J. Williams is gonna beast it up at MLB. SLB is the weak link that Denver will need to address. Ian Gold is a fine WLB IMO, a late day 2 pick for depth at that spot would suffice.
    Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 07-22-2007 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05
    Every mock draft with him in it has him coming off the board early, like within the top 15 picks. There is no way he would last into the 4th round. Besides, D.J. Williams is gonna beast it up at MLB. SLB is the weak link that Denver will need to address. Ian Gold is a fine WLB IMO, a late day 2 pick for depth at that spot would suffice.
    This draft is deep at LB i wouldnt throw a first rounder at the position. could definetly still find a great LB in the second or possibly the third if we had one.

Its early to predict what we need but LB, WR, OT, S, i really wished we had picked zak deOssie this last year. would have been a great pick up that could play SLB or MLB and also long snapped. long snappers are in need. and it would have freed up a spot on the roster we dont need 4 or 5 tight ends in my opionon

priorities for Nxt years draft

FIRST) A wide reciever, a big tall fast and athletic wr as the third wr in the beginning to add more speed. SECOND) an outside linebacker a big tall and fast who is a hitter and can BLITZ THE QB i think we will need 2 of them. OLINE) an offensive tackle and a center, nalen aint gettin any younger. RUNNING BACK) i want to draft a YOUNG AND FAST RB,but with some size( chris brown of cu and the titans is a model for the type of player i'm looking for) . i suspect this will be the las tyr for, LYNCH.LEPSIS,NALEN AND ROD SMITH. we need to rreplace these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown
    Nice to see you have a crystal ball and can predict the future. /END SARCASM

The Browns are 0-0 and are going to do well this year.

Since I hate the Cowballs, I am now the third biggest Browns fan here.....

Quote Originally Posted by richardthebronco
    FIRST) A wide reciever, a big tall fast and athletic wr as the third wr in the beginning to add more speed. SECOND) an outside linebacker a big tall and fast who is a hitter and can BLITZ THE QB i think we will need 2 of them. OLINE) an offensive tackle and a center, nalen aint gettin any younger. RUNNING BACK) i want to draft a YOUNG AND FAST RB,but with some size( chris brown of cu and the titans is a model for the type of player i'm looking for) . i suspect this will be the las tyr for, LYNCH.LEPSIS,NALEN AND ROD SMITH. we need to rreplace these guys.

Everything i have read on jim bates defense is that he is not big on blitzes from his lbs and safeties. they play a gap in his defense. with that being said i would like to see a linebacker with size and athleticism that can play the pass and run. and be able to shed blocks effectivley