Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Signings?

Signings?

Does anyone know which rookies have signed?

I heard about THomas, any news on Jarvis Moss or Crowder?

Thomas was the only one. But he was really early, usually we don't sign our guys until the night before training camp

Now that Woodley signed (OLB/DE) with Pittsburgh, I think we'll see Crowder coming in within a week. Harris and Crowder will be four year deals, Moss will be a five year. I'd expect a 5-8% increase from last years salaries for the players at the spots they were selected at. We'll see though. Hopefully there are no hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    Now that Woodley signed (OLB/DE) with Pittsburgh, I think we'll see Crowder coming in within a week. Harris and Crowder will be four year deals, Moss will be a five year. I'd expect a 5-8% increase from last years salaries for the players at the spots they were selected at. We'll see though. Hopefully there are no hassles.
    I wonder how much Harris will get after seeing the Joe Staley deal that man got a horrible deal for a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk
    I wonder how much Harris will get after seeing the Joe Staley deal that man got a horrible deal for a first rounder.
    I'm not sure if what I feel is true, but I think that agents are going to pay closer attention to what the raises are this year at the respective position they were drafted in, rather the relation to tackles who were selected in the similar class. I mean, I'm sure that other agents (say if Harris signs before a few other tackles) will look at what he got, but I'm guessing that the place they were drafted in (#56, #70) overall will have more say in the overall outcome than say, what Staley got or what Doug Free might get.

Since the Cowboys got Free and Marten, it'll be interesting to see what they get. (Marten, #67 - Free #122)

I mean, Sears and Blalock (will probably be guards on their teams) got drafted as the two tackles behind the first-rounders (Thomas, Brown, Staley) in the second round.

Marten and Harris were the first two true tackles to be selected after that.

We'll see though. It'll be a fair deal, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream
    I'm not sure if what I feel is true, but I think that agents are going to pay closer attention to what the raises are this year at the respective position they were drafted in, rather the relation to tackles who were selected in the similar class. I mean, I'm sure that other agents (say if Harris signs before a few other tackles) will look at what he got, but I'm guessing that the place they were drafted in (#56, #70) overall will have more say in the overall outcome than say, what Staley got or what Doug Free might get.

Since the Cowboys got Free and Marten, it'll be interesting to see what they get. (Marten, #67 - Free #122)

I mean, Sears and Blalock (will probably be guards on their teams) got drafted as the two tackles behind the first-rounders (Thomas, Brown, Staley) in the second round.

Marten and Harris were the first two true tackles to be selected after that.

We'll see though. It'll be a fair deal, IMHO.
    I know but Staley got like what 5 years 8 mil if we go by that he'll be payed less than a mil a year.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk
    I know but Staley got like what 5 years 8 mil if we go by that he'll be payed less than a mil a year.
    I know he signed, but I didn't know it was that low.

That's a pretty fair deal for the 49ers. He was a pretty low first-round pick, but still. . . that's really interesting.

Better for us I guess! Thanks for the exact figures, I hadn't heard.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Thomas was the only one. But he was really early, usually we don't sign our guys until the night before training camp
    Yea I kind of figured Moss would be last to sign, usually first pick is. I just had not heard of any other signings so wasn't sure if there were any yet.

The Bronco's have a good track record with signing people in time so Im not that worried. Not like the certain team I live near here in AZ.

i have heard that the broncos will use timmons contract to get an idea of what the contract should be around... considering LB's and DE's get paid around the same. The deal im looking foward to is jamarcus Russells.. i mean hes gonna get an 80 milion dollar deal as a rookie im guessing.. along with calvin johnson.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Browns signed everyone but their first and second picks.

So Thomas, Quinn and Wright are all that remain for the Browns.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2950083

spencer just signed and his deal was worth 9 mil... gives another idea of what jarvis' contract will be.
    "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2950083

spencer just signed and his deal was worth 9 mil... gives another idea of what jarvis' contract will be.
    Sort of, but Spencer will be playing an OLB and there is a huge difference between #17 and #26 as far as pay goes, at least a few million dollars. Thanks for the update though!

Quote Originally Posted by MHS View Post
    i have heard that the broncos will use timmons contract to get an idea of what the contract should be around... considering LB's and DE's get paid around the same. The deal im looking foward to is jamarcus Russells.. i mean hes gonna get an 80 milion dollar deal as a rookie im guessing.. along with calvin johnson.
    No freakin way he gets 80 mil.. Im guessing around 63-65.
    http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1...ftstrazwm7.jpg

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

I just want the guys to be signed before sunday.
    Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 07-26-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straz1999 View Post
    No freakin way he gets 80 mil.. Im guessing around 63-65.
    it will be close... if you take youngs contract which was close to 60 mil then add the percentage increase of around 8 percent then jamarcus would make around 64 million but then dont forget young was the 3rd overal pick and not the first. And QB's get the biggest contracts... consider this.. alex smith 2 years ago signed a contract worth 49 mil as the #1 pick in the draft... last year cuter got a 49 mil contract as the 11th overall pick... so jamarcus is gonna get a huuge contract and calvin will because of the type of prospect he is.