Thread: Selvin Young

Selvin Young

Is he going to make the team ?? I grew up around the same time and close to the same neighborhood as he did and I remember him torching my high school pretty bad. I was wondering if any of ya'll fan's has heard any news about him up in Denver(I'm in Texas). Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poundcake View Post
    Is he going to make the team ?? I grew up around the same time and close to the same neighborhood as he did and I remember him torching my high school pretty bad. I was wondering if any of ya'll fan's has heard any news about him up in Denver(I'm in Texas). Thanks
    from the sounds of it he is something that denver might like in a RB. but as i understand it he comes with a injury back ground. well see ill be rooting for him though.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Tough to tell. There's only four "pure" running backs in camp this year (Cecil Sapp is in the mix there, but was a fullback from '04-'06), so Young ought to get his share of carries in training camp, even if he's running with the fourth team. The ankle injury that forced 11 screws to be placed in his leg is now over two years in the past. He's looked all right out there so far, but you really can't gauge a running back's progress from no-pad workouts that are pretty much touch football with helmets.

We had a piece on Selvin Young earlier this month on the main DenverBroncos.com site; he was the last subject of our four week "Getting to Know ..." series. You can read the piece by clicking here.

idk, i really hope he makes the team

ill be rooting for him throughout the offseason, i really liked what he did in college(tough runner), and hope he brings it to the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Poundcake View Post

Training camp hasn't even started so it's hard to say if he will make the team.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Special teamer

From what i read about him earlier he was good on special teams if i remember right and special teams is where you make your name anyone remember a guy named TD? He made his name on that special teams hit. We are in dire need of a return guy i hear so him being good on special teams could really help him get a spot.

im rooting for him

I think he has a shot....he is a solid all-around player, he can block and catch passes out of the backfield, and should be able to play Special Teams.

He aslo fits the Bronco RB mold....yeah, he has a real shot.

He will have to be a fabulous ST player to make the roster or he will have to have a Quentin "Al Wilson says he's the next Barry Sanders" Griffin type of preseason.

I like him despite him being a Longhorn, mainly for the pass blocking and receiving skills already mentioned. The former is something we're sorely lacking; I know Henry's excellent at picking up the blitz, but after him whom do we have? Basically Cecil Sapp, our hybrid fullback/halfback. Young also does seem to have the kind of running style we like, and I'd much rather see him and Hixon as our returners than Hixon and Morgan. It just seems to bring more to the team; apart from being a returner (and not a particularly impressive one last year) Morgan would be, like, a #6 or #7 WR (except I don't think we'll carry that many) while Young could bring us a fair amount of versatility in a back, something we needed badly enough to go out and find Travis Henry.
    SIGN RANDALL GODFREY FOR SLB AND BACKUP MLB NOW!!!
    I never wanted a sig. I still don't.RIP, D-Will and Damien Nash.

I think he has a shot. I watched him play a lot at UT (big longhorns fan) and I was surprised when I saw him go undrafted. I know he didn't have tons of stats, but he was pretty polished and a very good runner, I expected at least a 6th round selection on him. I think this season he will be a very good player on special teams, after that he should be able to work his way into the RB mix a little bit and maybe get a couple hundred yards for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I think he has a shot. I watched him play a lot at UT (big longhorns fan) and I was surprised when I saw him go undrafted. I know he didn't have tons of stats, but he was pretty polished and a very good runner, I expected at least a 6th round selection on him. I think this season he will be a very good player on special teams, after that he should be able to work his way into the RB mix a little bit and maybe get a couple hundred yards for us.
    From what I understand Selvin was injured quite a bit during his years at UT. That being the case I'm not surprised he went undrafted.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16