Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Simeon Rice Finally Released (Merged)

Im not the type to usually do this but hey, I know we have depth but none of it really proven, this guy could help today.

Source - ESPN News
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

He got cut because he wouldn't take a pay cut.

I doubt he'll play here.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    He got cut because he wouldn't take a pay cut.

I doubt he'll play here.
    They probably cut him for cap space to sign Culpepper so they can have 6 QBs on their roster...

Simeon Rice Released!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7064530

Nice credentials, no off-field issues I've heard of...Who else would like to see him in a Broncos uniform?

Already posted in other football teams
    Thanks for the Sig "rjent"

No they cut him because he failed his physical. Still, I'd like it if the Broncos gave him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 16milehigh87 View Post
    Already posted in other football teams
    So what? It's relevant to this forum because the thread starter likes the idea of Denver picking him up. So would I. But I doubt we get him; he probably wants to go somewhere where he would make a lot of money and be a starter, neither of which would probably happen here.

Simeon Rice . .(merged)

i was just watching ESPN and it said that Simeon Rice has just been released by the Bucs, he may be old, but i think he still can be productive

do u think Denver should go after him to make our DLine that much better, and say if we do sign him, how productive will he be in Denver and will he start if we get him? also, will he fit into this organization?

thoughts . .

Please look at the other 3 threads before posting this.

It has already been announced.

4 words, not enough cap money

'nuff said

i think he'd start here, it's just he'd be in a rotation with some other guys. he might not see third downs.

if we can afford him, i say go for it. if we're serious about a pass rush, bring him in and let bates use him as he sees fit. we'd barely ever have a tired DE.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

Nah...

Last time I checked, there were written reports on the bottom of denverpost about trading some of our DL members such as Kenard Lang.

I think we're done with the Dline.

New reports say he was cut because he is hurt. Depending on how hurt he is I think its worth a shot. This is Lang's 11th year and Rice's 12th. We could trade or even cut Lang and Rice would be a definate upgrade. He would be a great mentor for the youngsters too. And again you people with the cap space. Stop it, Stop it, Stop it. It can be done. We're probably only talking about a 1 or 2 year deal. Give him a large signing bonus upfront and a lower base salary. His injury is a shoulder injury from last year and he missed the last 8 games(once the Bucs realized the season was over). In 2005 he had 14 sacks. If I remember correctly they were talking about trading him last year before he got hurt. The article says he didn't even take a physical today, he just said he couldn't go. Hmmmm, maybe a ploy to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantDBFan View Post
    Im not the type to usually do this but hey, I know we have depth but none of it really proven, this guy could help today.

Source - ESPN News
    Right a guy that failed his physical. No I don't think so.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Rice would be a nice fit in oakland.
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.