Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandxxRaider View Post
    Rice would be a nice fit in oakland.
    I would at very least want to know why he failed his physical.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...iamssigwj2.jpg

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I would at very least want to know why he failed his physical.
    Yea, im curious to know why he failed it... could just be something simple, but who knows. I'd definitely be fine though if the raiders brought him in for another physical.
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Yea, im curious to know why he failed it... could just be something simple, but who knows. I'd definitely be fine though if the raiders brought him in for another physical.
    Someone who has been as productive as Rice usually just doesn't kicked to the curb for a minor injury. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I would think it would be rare.

Thanks Snk16

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    He got cut because he wouldn't take a pay cut.

I doubt he'll play here.
    and that he expects to pretty much miss the whole preseason with a shoulder injury
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Someone who has been as productive as Rice usually just doesn't kicked to the curb for a minor injury. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I would think it would be rare.
    Good point. Yea, i guess it had to be something the bucs considered pretty serious. I was shocked when i heard schefter report it on NFLN today. Im almost positive though, assuming rice can pass a physical, that there will be more than a couple teams bidding for his services.
    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

Good point. Yea, i guess it had to be something the bucs considered pretty serious. I was shocked when i heard schefter report it on NFLN today. I'm almost positive though, assuming rice can pass a physical, that there will be more than a couple teams bidding for his services.

I caught part of the Schefter's comment about Rice's release.

Oh I'm sure you're right, if he passes a physical he'll have several teams making him an offer.

Thanks Snk16

This is a little better article(on Bucs site). It sounds like he told him he wasn't ready. It doesn't even sound like he actually took the physical. Even the owner says he expects him back in the league soon.

Jul 26, 2007 -

At the end of a busy first day of training camp, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have made one more very noteworthy roster move.

Shortly before 7:00 p.m., the Buccaneers announced that veteran defensive end Simeon Rice has been terminated/failed physical. Rice was administered a physical upon his arrival at camp, as are all players.

“Every player has a different type of physical, but there’s a standard physical and it’s a player’s responsibility to report his physical conditions or ailments to the doctors at the beginning of training camp,” said Buccaneers General Manager Bruce Allen. “He didn’t feel he was capable of going. There were obviously appropriate tests given to him and our doctors concurred.”

The move comes before Rice was to begin his seventh season with Tampa Bay. Most of his 2006 campaign was lost to a shoulder injury that limited him to eight games and severely affected his production before he went on injured reserve. It is that same injury that led to Rice’s failed physical on Thursday; previously, he and the team had been hopeful that he would be fully recovered by the beginning of camp.

The current timetable for Rice’s full recovery is unclear, and that was a factor in the team’s decision to terminate him from the roster. However, Allen does not believe the shoulder ailment will prevent Rice from eventually playing in the NFL again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    " I don’t think there’s any doubt that he will be better in time. Like many before, I don’t think the last chapter in Simeon Rice’s NFL career has been written."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I don’t think there’s any doubt that he will be better in time,” said Allen. “He’s a phenomenal worker and athlete. Simeon Rice is a Super Bowl champion with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He’s an all-pro. He has over 100 sacks [which] puts him in rare company in the NFL history books. Our dialogue was really about what was going to happen in the future, a little about the past and his accomplishments. Like many before, I don’t think the last chapter in Simeon Rice’s NFL career has been written.”

In his six seasons as a Buccaneer, Rice tallied 69.5 sacks, third most in team history. He had at least 11 sacks in each of his first five seasons in Tampa. Including his five years with the Arizona Cardinals, who drafted him third overall in 1996, Rice has career totals that include 584 tackles, 121 sacks and 37 forced fumbles.

Though the Buccaneers’ pass rush suffered in the absence of such contributions last year, the team has made several moves to invigorate that aspect of the defense since the end of 2006. Most notably, the Bucs used the fourth pick of last April’s draft to select Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams, another speed rusher off the edge. Adams and Patrick Chukwurah, a free agent acquisition from Denver, are the two leading candidates to take over the starting right end position. Allen also did not rule out the possibility of Rice’s eventual NFL return coming with the Buccaneers, and he praised Rice for his hard work in attempting to return from the 2006 injury.

“We talked about that,” said Allen of Rice possibly being a Buccaneer again at some point in the future. “It’s taking a little bit longer, this injury, than anticipated, but it’s not because he hasn’t tried to work. We have a lot of players that need the opportunity to get some playing time. It gives us an opportunity to look outside of our own roster for maybe some other players. But, no, his last chapter is not written, and Simeon will always be recognized with the Buccaneers.”

In an earlier-Thursday roster move, the Bucs signed Adams to his first NFL contract, allowing the rookie to report to training camp on time. Later, the team signed its two second-round picks, guard Arron Sears and safety Sabby Piscitelli. With the Rice termination, the Bucs have now balanced those three signings with three roster-clearing moves, as defensive end Charles Bennett was placed on injured reserve and tight end T.J. Williams was waived.

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    This is a little better article(on Bucs site). It sounds like he told him he wasn't ready. It doesn't even sound like he actually took the physical. Even the owner says he expects him back in the league soon.
    ?

“Every player has a different type of physical, but there’s a standard physical and it’s a player’s responsibility to report his physical conditions or ailments to the doctors at the beginning of training camp,” said Buccaneers General Manager Bruce Allen. “He didn’t feel he was capable of going. There were obviously appropriate tests given to him and our doctors concurred.”

It says the Doctors concurred based on appropriate tests. So how do you figure he didn't take the physical?

If we are looking for guys who have failed their physical I know of a good middle LB who was cut because of the same reason. We could use the depth at LB too.

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    ?

It says the Doctors concurred based on appropriate tests. So how do you figure he didn't take the physical?

If we are looking for guys who have failed their physical I know of a good middle LB who was cut because of the same reason. We could use the depth at LB too.
    Cp to ya! Shows I don't do enough research. So we can conclude he has a real injury, and he ain't ready. We've cut Al and Sam this same way, doubtful we'd entertain the notion without a physical (that he probably couldn,t pass anyway.)

I'd Say go for him, but dont pay him BIG bucks, because he is getting older.

Just call it a hunch. He'll be fine and play this year. I think he just wanted out.

Bucs Cut Rice

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2950617

I dont know about u guys but I would LOVE to have Simeon RIce. This would make the bronco snatching of quality Tampa Bay Bucs players complete. I.E. Lynch, Gold, Burns. I'm only saying this because my friend is a bucs fan and that there is a weird relationship between the broncos and the bucs. Kyle Shanahan is the real Shannys son and he used to work for the bucs and is best friends with Chris Simms. BTW, Simms has Kyle's name tattooed on him.

I dont Know bro, he is getting really old, like 12th season or something, and we are about to sign our two rookie DE, i agree i would love to have him on the team, but only if he was younger and we didnt have Crowder or Moss

I don't think we need the Dline help although I'd be happy if the Broncos signed him (assuming he passes physical). I'd rather see us get a safety though

Quote Originally Posted by dkim07 View Post
    BTW, Simms has Kyle's name tattooed on him.

Wow, I'm not sure I could get another dude's name tattood on me, unless it was someone very close who passed away!