Very interesting Blog written on Vick by 8th grade football coach

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...998&indicate=1

Michael Vick and dogfighting.

First of all I am with the majority who find this "sport", if it can even be labeled as such, as dispicable behavior. The act of forcing dogs to fight to the death, or near death is absolutely atrocious, but I was not so passionate about this case until i heard what goes on with the losing dogs after the fight. Rather than have enough respect for your animal to simply inject it with lethal chemicals that would simply put the maimed dog to sleep, they choose to wet the dogs down and electrocute them...to shoot them..and not just a single blow to the head to put it out of it's misery, they were basically used as target practice. If that isn;t brutal enough, how about picking the dog up by its four legs and slamming in on the ground repeatedly, like it was a bag of ice that needed to be crushed to seperate the pieces before it could be opened to get the ice out. Who knows what other unbelievably barbaric means they used to "euthanize" the already worn and beaten dogs. This doesn;t even count the mistreatment in traing the animals for fighting..like hanging them by the neck to strengthen neck muscles so the dog can thrash its head back and forth with greater force once it gets a mouthful of it's opponents flesh....like making them run on adapted treamills for hours on end to increase its endurance...Michael Vick is a top notch athlete in great physical form...think he ever ran more than an hour on a treadmill?? Doubt it..he may even be the first to tell you that running that long would be counterproductive to building strength. When I lived in Florida I worked with a guy who knew people involved in dogfighting and he told me his friends took their pitbulls and threw them in swimming pools and forced them to tread water until they simply began to sink to the bottom of the pool at which time they would get in the pool and pull the dog out, literally bringing it within inches of ending it's life.

Certainly Vick deserves his due process, but the evidence that is already linked to the case is almost enough to make a fair assumption that if he was not directly involved in the operation, he definitely knew enough about the operation to be considered a conspirator in this dog fighting operation. It was his property for god's sake!...I have seen the aerial shots of his house like all of you have...it's kind of hard to miss the large fenced in ring behind the house that was used as a dog fighting pit...He didn;t know that pit was in his yard? He didn;t know it what it was being used for?? Seriously??? I may be some dumb, but I ain't plum dumb. Like I just said..there is a good chunk of evidence that already links him at least on a conspiratorial level, if not a direct involvement.

If he is completely innocent of these charges, then where is his support??...where are the people who know him that can attest to the "fact" that he is not involved?? If you have seen anything from anyone in Michael's camp that has given any testimony as to him not being involved, please give me the source, because I really want to see it...maybe it could help me not seem so biased against him...but as of yet...his supporters are failing to step up in his defense.

I am a firm believer in the constitution, and the rights it gives us as individuals, or groups, so i definitely believe in the notion of being innocent until proven guilty, but that doesn't mean I can not look at the information that is out about the case now and form an opinion...after all..doesn;t the constitution grant me that right as an individual? The notion of innocent until proven guilty resides in the courts not in the public at large. It was set up so that suspected criminals would be given a fair trial, without being judged (in a court of law) before evidence is delivered and hashed out. One could say that we shouldn't, as individuals, pass judgement on others, but passing judgement is not illegal, and also, there is a huge difference in passing judgement and having an opinion. To say that I think Michael Vick is somehow involved in the criminal acts that took place is not a pass of judgement...it is an opinion. To say Michael Vick is guilty of these crimes, and he is an awful person who should burn in hell, is a pass of judgement.

With the notion of innocence until proven guilty having been discussed, I read something today that relates that thought to the case. This is what really drove me to write this blog.

Let me preface first by saying (and anyone reading this probably knows me well enough to know this is true of me, but I just want to make it clear, cuz this could get ugly) that I am a person who values people of all cultural and racial backgrounds. I am one who believes that diversity is the greatest strength of a democracy. diversity is the backbone of progress. If we all looked, thought, and felt alike..we would get nowhere...our differences are what make us strong.

So, with that being said, I read today that already this case is becoming just another high profile court case that is going to divide a nation into black and white again. One step forward...two steps back... = / Do I even need to mention which race is taking which side? Honestly?

So, why is it that every black person protesting outside the courthouse today is pleading Vick's innocence, and every white person is calling for his conviction?

My question to you is this...If this were Peyton Manning standing trial for dog fighting would the demographic split of opinions remain as divided as it is now? Nope. But why not? Would we still have the black community pleading his innocence, while white people would be calling for his head? nope...Well...Why not? There is a serious social issue here. If it looks as though I am tearing down the black community, I apologize, but I am so sick of any high profile case that involves a black defendant turning into an issue of race. I am tired of the race card being played...this has nothing to do with Michael Vick being black..It has everything to do with 66 dogs(55pit bulls) being found on his property along with mating cages, breaksticks, and other dog fighting tools...I am so sick of people neglecting evidence for the sake of sticking with someone because they share your skin color. Justice is not related to race. I in no way have a right to try to sway people from believing Vick is innocent of these crimes, but what I am getting at is that in a case where nearly everyone agrees that he has at least a minimal involvement it is unnerving to see that people are willing to take his back based on his race...Sure a black person could say, well look across the street the people protesting against him are white...well, its hard to have a diverse group protest against the actions that went on at his property when the african american community is taking his side because they share a common race...and I agree those protesting and calling for his head are out of line..he does deserve his due processs..in actuality I would say the right thing to do is for everyone to go home and just share their opinions with people they associate with..Just as nobody can truly protest his guilt, nobody can truly protest his innocence...I don;t know what the verdict will be, but like I said earlier...there is more evidence rising against him than there is support rising for him...and thats how my opinion is forming...when the case begins and more detailed evidence and testimony is revealed perhaps my stance will change...I can only go by what I read from valid sources at this point. And right now it doesn;t look good for him. If the points I am trying to appear to be racist then take a second, do what I suggested earlier..Apply Peyton Manning in the place of Michael Vick..You would not have a group of white people calling out his innocence...It would be a large unified group agreeing that the evidence is swayed heavily towards his guilt. It is just so sad to see people favor their race over justice in such an inhumane act. especially when the crime wasn't cross-racial crime, it was cross-species. Go back to the OJ case..another racially divided case...that case is long and over, and the majority of the black community that supported OJ now confess that they believe he committed the crime...will this case get the same treatment...take the back of the defendant because you share race, then once it is all said and done, and perchance he is acquitted, years later those who had his back will be saying, oh yeah, I think he did it??? Personally I would take shame in that behavior...supporting a probable criminal until he is acquitted, then changing your stance once you got what you were looking for...forsaking justice for what? Supporting someone you don;t know simply based on the color of their skin.

Enough on that.
    Continued on next page

So, what should happen to Michael? well if he is convicted and serves the term they say he would serve his football career is basically over. 5 or 6 years in jail, would put him well past his prime, and not many teams would take a chance on an aging former NFL star who has been out of the game for 5 years, and convicted of a heinous crime. If he got out and the Browns were to try to pick him up..I would seriously consider not being a browns fan..and I have bled orange and brown since I was 5 years old.

So, if he is found innocent? Well, this year is basically out of the question..the trial doesn't start until after Thanksgiving, and it certainly won;t be over till the season is over. So, the future? He should definitely be afforded the right to play, but unless he is completely cleared free of the charges I would lose all respect for anyone who would pick him up to be on their team. If he is charge with simple conspiracy and has to serve a sentence that is shorter than being convicted of being directly involved I would say that he should be afforded the right to play, but i would rather he stay away from the game...work on getting his name cleared and righting his wrongs if it is possible. That would be the noble thing to do.

Well, that's all I have to say about that...
    I agree with him.

If you want his contact info. because you disagree with him ask me for his contact info.

Also, I realize I posted this in the other thread but I doubt anyone looks at that much.

agreed, this was a well written entry that touches on racial matters without being racist. proof it can in fact occur.
    Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7703/cheatersty7.jpg
    Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
    Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks
    2 homer quotes for the price of 1! this guy is a goldmine of hilarity

the answer is 'slavery'

'some' blacks want any succesful (and really sometimes it doesn't even have to be succesful) black man (or woman) to get a 'pass' because of the past attrocities committed against blacks by racist white people.

and 'some' whites just hate black people and want him to go down, more because of the color of his skin than what he's been alleged to have done.

then there's other groups who also just hate blacks because they're black

then there's of course people who want him to get what is coming to him, solely based on the allegations and evidence and aren't concerned with the color of his skin.

i can tell you , where i'm concerned, it could be ladainian tomlinson, or philip rivers in this same position (if they had all the past baggae that vick brings to the table) and i'd be lining up to see their ass kicked out of the nfl, the same way i am with vick.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    the answer is 'slavery'

'some' blacks want any succesful (and really sometimes it doesn't even have to be succesful) black man (or woman) to get a 'pass' because of the past attrocities committed against blacks by racist white people.

and 'some' whites just hate black people and want him to go down, more because of the color of his skin than what he's been alleged to have done.

then there's other groups who also just hate blacks because they're black

then there's of course people who want him to get what is coming to him, solely based on the allegations and evidence and aren't concerned with the color of his skin.

i can tell you , where i'm concerned, it could be ladainian tomlinson, or philip rivers in this same position (if they had all the past baggae that vick brings to the table) and i'd be lining up to see their ass kicked out of the nfl, the same way i am with vick.
    But that is foolish!

Slavery was so long ago that I doubt Vick is playing the race card because he cares oh so deeply about his slavery ancestors of so long ago.

And to add to that, that is NO excuse at ALL to still be able to do anything you want.

But, umm, are you agreeing or disagreeing with the blog????

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2 View Post
    But that is foolish!

Slavery was so long ago that I doubt Vick is playing the race card because he cares oh so deeply about his slavery ancestors of so long ago.

And to add to that, that is NO excuse at ALL to still be able to do anything you want.

But, umm, are you agreeing or disagreeing with the blog????
    of course it's foolish lol

of course you're going to play the race card , look what it did for OJ, now all vick needs is for them to try and make him fit a glove.

i agree with the blog, if peyton got charged with this
    and this is important, IF he had done the crap vick did leading up to these charges (the water bottle, flipping off his OWN fans) yes, there wouldn't have been a group of whites rallying around him as much as blacks do, and i already stated why.

now if vick had led a classy career up to this point, and had 'seemed' like the model citizen, and all the sudden this came out, i'd be way more apt to believe his innocence.

his brother certainly doesn't do him any favors either, putting that 'vick' name out there in such a disgraceful manner before this.

Your sniveling makes me wonder

Dude, if you had a CLUE how much money these athletes made and throw away to there familys you would be sickened. Until then why should you make this a race issue or even pick apart these College educated athletes,Ēwith degrees,Ē and judge them as criminals? Donít get me wrong, I hate every team but the hometown and could careless, but the fact is, these individuals are helping there family members out and are getting blamed for what goes on in these houses. How would you feel if your cousin needed a place to live, and you decide to help them out like the good lord tells us to and are going down because of there mistakes? We are talking about an individual who cant do anything with the ball but run the damn thing, so why donít we give crappie Michael Vick a brake and look at the cards, we are destined to be the Super Bowl champs this year so relax and give it up. Peace to the believers, and God bless those who are a mile above the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by 303OrangeCrush View Post
    Dude, if you had a CLUE how much money these athletes made and throw away to there familys you would be sickened. Until then why should you make this a race issue or even pick apart these College educated athletes,Ēwith degrees,Ē and judge them as criminals? Donít get me wrong, I hate every team but the hometown and could careless, but the fact is, these individuals are helping there family members out and are getting blamed for what goes on in these houses. How would you feel if your cousin needed a place to live, and you decide to help them out like the good lord tells us to and are going down because of there mistakes? We are talking about an individual who cant do anything with the ball but run the damn thing, so why donít we give crappie Michael Vick a brake and look at the cards, we are destined to be the Super Bowl champs this year so relax and give it up. Peace to the believers, and God bless those who are a mile above the rest.
    we can always flip the coin man.

First off he was part owner if not sole owner to bad newz kennals. so that can tie him to knowing that there was dogs on the residance. he has people accuseing him and alledgeing him that he is a king pin in the dog fighting world. the man if going into buisness with his cousin should have made sure that his buisness was legit. or maybe the fact that he had set up his cousin with a nice house if he would run the operation and give micheal the ability of denial.

In the end it comes down to he is a really stupid fella. or that he tried to get away with something and got busted.

Miceals vick credibility with me is Zilch. look at his brother....
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 303OrangeCrush View Post
    Dude, if you had a CLUE how much money these athletes made and throw away to there familys you would be sickened. Until then why should you make this a race issue or even pick apart these College educated athletes,”with degrees,” and judge them as criminals? Don’t get me wrong, I hate every team but the hometown and could careless, but the fact is, these individuals are helping there family members out and are getting blamed for what goes on in these houses. How would you feel if your cousin needed a place to live, and you decide to help them out like the good lord tells us to and are going down because of there mistakes? We are talking about an individual who cant do anything with the ball but run the damn thing, so why don’t we give crappie Michael Vick a brake and look at the cards, we are destined to be the Super Bowl champs this year so relax and give it up. Peace to the believers, and God bless those who are a mile above the rest.
    Okay.

But look at it this way..

If you felt sorry enough for these "cousins" and allowed them to live in a house "owned" by you. Aren't you responsible for what happens in *YOUR* household? I don't care who lives there, you still have to know what's going on in *YOUR* household. Do you want your cousins selling Meth and Coke out of your house when they're liable to take off and leave you responsible for their actions?

No matter what happens in the end, this house belonged to Michael Vick and because of that he has the responsibility of looking after what goes down there.
    Last edited by Spyder; 07-27-2007 at 08:11 PM.