Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mock Draft

Don't underestimate KC; they have a tough defense. They do have a lot of question marks on offense though.

sounds a lot like the Raiders huh?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Roses_Thorn View Post
    It's too early to know where everyone will fall after their senior seasons, and there will be workout warriors, but there are a few spots I question.

Kenny Phillips falling to 16
    Frank Okam falling to 26
    No Earl Bennett in the first round
    Phillips - I agree, but many of the teams picking before have greater needs elsewhere and the value for those needs is there.

Okam - I disagree. In fact, I could easily see him falling OUT of the 1st round. To put it into perspective, he is not the physical specimen Alan Branch was and he has the same issue with work ethic that he had.

Bennett - I disagree. Why? Because I had him staying in school. I think he will stay and get his degree at Vanderbilt. If he did come out, he wouldn't go 1st round. He's just not as good as the receivers I do have going in the 1st. His name would probably be called sometime 1st day though.
    Last edited by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05; 07-30-2007 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    I disagree with a lot of the the spots you have teams picking. That can change a lot of the picks. There is no way Houston will be the 1st pick in the draft. There are at least 10 teams in the league that are worse than the Texans.
    Houston has holes all over the place. Their O-line still sucks, their WR corps is lackluster, and their RB corps is lackluster. Their only significant offensive weapon is Andre Johnson. Their defense has a good nucleus, but they have yet to gel as a unit. It's doubtful that Schaub (who they threw the bank at) is an upgrade over Carr.

I disagree with a lot of the the spots you have teams picking. That can change a lot of the picks. There is no way Houston will be the 1st pick in the draft. There are at least 10 teams in the league that are worse than the Texans. I think the top 10 picks will look more like this:

1. Dallas(from Cleveland)
    2. Kansas City
    3. Atlanta
    4. NYG
    5. Oakland
    6. Washington
    7. Tennessee
    8. Buffalo
    9. Minnesota
    10. Miami
    Do me a real quick favor.

Look at the date.

Is it 1999, 2000, or is it 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Look at the date.

It's 2007, and the Browns are still a bad football team.

Houston went 6-10 last year and are a better team than they were last year. They actually went 6-6 in the tough AFC. They also have a last place schedule.

All I can say is we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Look at the date.

Aw man the Dallas trade with Cleveland could end up being the greatest trade since they duped Minnesota with Hershal Walker. They could be a playoff team with the #1 pick. Say what you want about Jerry Jones but he got over on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by D3N7ER 8r0I\I<05 View Post
    It's 2007, and the Browns are still a bad football team.
    No they are not.

How many injuries did the Browns sustain last year?

The answer: More than every single team in the NFL.

The Browns even had the "joy" of having the replacement players injured and having to sign people from free agency to start games.

What happens when a team suffers all those injuries? You get a bad record. IE: Last Year's Browns.

Last year, the Browns horrid streak of injuries began the first play of training camp. TRAINING CAMP. The Browns are a HELL of a lot better than you are giving them credit for. This isn't the 1999 Browns, or the 2000 Browns, this is the 2007 Browns.

Aw man the Dallas trade with Cleveland could end up being the greatest trade since they duped Minnesota with Hershal Walker. They could be a playoff team with the #1 pick. Say what you want about Jerry Jones but he got over on this one.
    Imagine this:

Browns have to wait a year to get a possible franchise QB and wait 2 years from now for him to develop.

Browns instead get possible franchise QB this year and wait 1 year for him to develop.

Dallas may very well have the first overall pick. AFTER THE FACT that they TRADE BOTH their first round picks.